House Price Crash Forum

Hong Kong residents snapping up northern properties

HOLA441

Oliver James, a Manchester estate agent, said: “In the last two weeks we have done seven sales to Hong Kong buyers. We’ve sold three properties just today. Previously, we would maybe sell one to a Hong Kong buyer every six months.” 

Ben Hudson, of York estate agents Hudson Moodys, said he has sold five properties to Hong Kong buyers in the last eight weeks. “Normally we would sell two or three properties to Hong Kong buyers in a year. It’s a huge change,” he said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/uk/hong-kong-residents-snap-property-northern-england/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clairecarponen/2020/07/03/londons-prime-property-market-sees-surge-in-hong-kong-and-mainland-chinese-buyers/#a2ba5676835d

London’s Prime Property Market Sees Surge In Demand From Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese Buyers

https://www.propertyfundsworld.com/2020/06/29/286969/hong-kong-nationals-rushing-upsize-london-says-aston-chase

Hong Kong nationals rushing to 'upsize' in London, says Aston Chase

SUBMITTED
29/06/2020 - 8:56AM

Estate agent Aston Chase is reporting a spike in the number of Hong Kong nationals buying substantial family homes as they look to upsize their pre-existing properties in London. 

If you don't buy, somebody else will.

HOLA446
2 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clairecarponen/2020/07/03/londons-prime-property-market-sees-surge-in-hong-kong-and-mainland-chinese-buyers/#a2ba5676835d

London’s Prime Property Market Sees Surge In Demand From Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese Buyers

https://www.propertyfundsworld.com/2020/06/29/286969/hong-kong-nationals-rushing-upsize-london-says-aston-chase

Hong Kong nationals rushing to 'upsize' in London, says Aston Chase

SUBMITTED
29/06/2020 - 8:56AM

Estate agent Aston Chase is reporting a spike in the number of Hong Kong nationals buying substantial family homes as they look to upsize their pre-existing properties in London. 

If you don't buy, somebody else will.

Tory w@nkers and their open door immigration policy serving the global financial elite.

Brexit changed nothing. Once a neoliberal, always a neoliberal.

HOLA447
22 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Tory w@nkers and their open door immigration policy serving the global financial elite.

Brexit changed nothing. Once a neoliberal, always a neoliberal.

The Hong Kong situation is an example of a current mindset, that is that it’s ok to take advantage of a situation and lie about it.  At the end of the day they could have let people in from Hong Kong with controls to prevent disruption to local communities.  Like making a plan.  Of course it’s just blind greed for money and maybe a little empire nostalgia.  They learned nothing from the Brexit vote and have not reflected on why people are unhappy with modern Britain.  

Edited by satsuma

HOLA448
7 hours ago, petetong said:

Oliver James, a Manchester estate agent, said: “In the last two weeks we have done seven sales to Hong Kong buyers. We’ve sold three properties just today. Previously, we would maybe sell one to a Hong Kong buyer every six months.” 

Ben Hudson, of York estate agents Hudson Moodys, said he has sold five properties to Hong Kong buyers in the last eight weeks. “Normally we would sell two or three properties to Hong Kong buyers in a year. It’s a huge change,” he said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/uk/hong-kong-residents-snap-property-northern-england/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

Their has always been a sizeable Chinese community in Manchester, I am sure a large number of these people studied their 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
10 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Their has always been a sizeable Chinese community in Manchester, I am sure a large number of these people studied their 

It was sizeable 25 years ago when I studied here, its only grown since then. Hard working, highly intelligent people. I guess the question is, are these investment purchases or are they bolting.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
16 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

Agree with this. No more hand car washers needed but educated people from Hong Kong needed. 

It's an obvious move when you think about it. Keep the north African/ middle East males out. Sexual assault and general crime should stay lower then. 

Yeah, people from the far East generally much more better than the above and eastern European lot. See link below.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/06/reynhard-sinaga-peter-pan-phd-student-who-raped-scores-of-men

Too easy to generalise. Most of the crime, unsocial stuff are committed by local natives here I'm afraid. Easy to blame the foreigners. Without them, who'd work in the hotels, farms, delivery etc...key workers... Business owners prefer foreigners cos they're cheaper and have a better work ethic. It's sad but true in my experience. 

HOLA4414

FT Exclusive: Hong Kong’s wealthy have shifted about 10% of their gold out of the territory, to countries including Singapore and Switzerland https://on.ft.com/3gw4M4p

Boulevard of broken dreams: Inside the New Chinatown 'nightmare'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/boulevard-broken-dreams-inside-new-17786351

Investors who were enticed by the attractive CDC marketing say they have lost more than £6m so far and in January last year the Serious Fraud Office announced they had launched an investigation into the New Chinatown site (in Liverpool) and CDC.

A spokesman for the SFO has told the ECHO that that inquiry is on-going...

Now a spokesman for New Chinatown Buyers has told the ECHO that they will use their charge of £6m to seek to seek to block any future development of the site until deposits are returned to the buyers.

A spokesman for the company said: "CDC owe us around £6m. We never expected this to happen to us when we were sold the 'Liverpool China Town Dream' .

"To us it has now become a nightmare we can't yet escape."

"Chinatown, it's a different scene
There are people there, they are so obscene
If you see what I mean
Then they've sold you the dream…"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUv8f2Mxrok

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4415

Typical neoliberal pro immigration same old elite we have at the top. Allowing foreign buyers to come in and buy something we have a shortage in. It's amazing we still have the same posters banging on about immigration and foreign ownership not affecting house prices when the evidence shows otherwise. I guess their attitude is cant have the great unwashed thinking negatively about any form of immigration, we must carry on the woke leftie mantra at all cost

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
41 minutes ago, househunter123 said:

Too easy to generalise.

Yes, it is:

.sotonye on Twitter: "Didn't actually believe the blm Instagram ...

Most of the crime, unsocial stuff are committed by local natives here I'm afraid.

And I suppose "per capita" is a term invented by White supremacists

Without them, who'd work in the hotels, farms, delivery etc...key workers...

I'm sorry, is this meant to be an argument for immigration? If these jobs cannot be done at minimum wage, either the price of the good or service rises until it can support the market wage, or the task becomes automated. No immigration needed.

43 minutes ago, househunter123 said:

Business owners prefer foreigners cos they're cheaper

So now you're on the side of exploitative capitalists? Any port in a storm, I guess.

43 minutes ago, househunter123 said:

a better work ethic

1, that's your opinion and 2, per capita use of benefits is much higher among immigrants and particularly among non-EU ones.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
34 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Typical neoliberal pro immigration same old elite we have at the top. Allowing foreign buyers to come in and buy something we have a shortage in. It's amazing we still have the same posters banging on about immigration and foreign ownership not affecting house prices when the evidence shows otherwise. I guess their attitude is cant have the great unwashed thinking negatively about any form of immigration, we must carry on the woke leftie mantra at all cost

Woke, leftie mantra? We haven't had a genuine left-of-centre govt for more than 40 years!

HOLA4421

I am against all immigration whether they're from Poland, Asia, Africa, or Hong Kong. F*ck them, we're a crowded island for Gods sake!

No other western country would allow what goes on here especially when the immigrant needs housing , benefits and healthcare  

This is neither a racist  or discriminatory opinion.

HOLA4422
26 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I am against all immigration whether they're from Poland, Asia, Africa, or Hong Kong. F*ck them, we're a crowded island for Gods sake!

No other western country would allow what goes on here especially when the immigrant needs housing , benefits and healthcare  

This is neither a racist  or discriminatory opinion.

It's both you prized chump. 

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Locke said:

Yes, it is:

I'm sorry, is this meant to be an argument for immigration? If these jobs cannot be done at minimum wage, either the price of the good or service rises until it can support the market wage, or the task becomes automated. No immigration needed.

So now you're on the side of exploitative capitalists? Any port in a storm, I guess.

1, that's your opinion and 2, per capita use of benefits is much higher among immigrants and particularly among non-EU ones.

So black people are only 12% of us population and conduct all that crime? 

Wow. 

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, Locke said:

Yes, it is:

If reflective of population share it should be 85% in the white column - assuming Hispanics are not included in the definition -and 15% African American.

But as we know many woolly liberals aren't too hot on maths or percentages but they do love emotion - because after all having more people in a country in no way increases the demand for and need for housing at all does it!

A bit like the Calais arrivals - 80 per cent plus of whom are young men aged 18-30 all with charged phones who have paid thousands for the crossing. Did they leave they grandparents, younger siblings, parents and co at home - after all shouldn't aid and assistance focus on the vulnerable (the elderly and children and women) and not young men of military age who perhaps should be protecting them too?

Of course it would be nice if some of those virtue signalling offered to house some personally - as opposed to having them being placed well out of sight in a deprived area or in a large hotel - and no where near their nice white middle class neighbourhood! But they can feel all warm inside with no personal cost to them!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4425

This website is about the price of housing.  Buyers from HK increase the competitive bidding for housing and increases prices.  Enriching the existing established wealthy.  Be in no doubt what this is all about.

If the UKGov governed for the common good this would not be allowed.

Reciprocity- can I buy a house in China I wonder ?  Of course not.