House Price Crash Forum

Reasonably priced property

So, I saw what I think is an attractively priced house on Rightmove and came here to post it on the relevant thread.

But I can't find one! (Mods - please merge with an appropriate topic if possible.)

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-95751758.html

So, yes, its a lot of money and its a town house.

But it's in one of Oxon's best villages, has four proper bedrooms and is less than £300 per square foot!

Edited by Timm
39 minutes ago, Timm said:

Having immediate neighbours, sharing walls, and not being able to park on a driveway or garage next the house whilst still paying over £375K would defeat the object of moving from the city to the country for me. 

All the country places i'm looking at are detached and under £300K, though they are not in prime areas like Oxford or W/SW. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Who was that loathsome fat toad in a high res jacket, babbling away in an affected accent on Sky News just now? He seemed to think that props are the way forward.

Same type that bleat on about 'Red Labour' and how 'Market Knows Best' are the first in line to suck on the Teat of Government props

2 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Who was that loathsome fat toad in a high res jacket, babbling away in an affected accent on Sky News just now? He seemed to think that props are the way forward.

Adam Boulton?

5 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Good idea. How would it attracts sellers?

Yes that would be a real challenge in today's market, but once/if the market slows significantly, then realistic sellers might be persuaded by the chance of a sale, or quicker sale by putting it on such a website

On 06/08/2020 at 13:56, Timm said:

But it's in one of Oxon's best villages, has four proper bedrooms and is less than £300 per square foot!

Offers in excess of £375k. The last house sold 3 years ago for £380k and that's what the vendors are willing to settle for...at this moment in time.

Nice house though. :)

On 8/7/2020 at 1:30 PM, shavedchimp said:

Yes that would be a real challenge in today's market, but once/if the market slows significantly, then realistic sellers might be persuaded by the chance of a sale, or quicker sale by putting it on such a website

I think they will stay with Rightmove which has massive coverage and is known by all buyers

• 2 months later...

Running for the exits? Being sold by (essentially) a lettings agency. Vacant house.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74310654.html 

It's a 3 bed end of terrace.

The last 3 bed terrace on this road went for 335k in Dec 2018.

The last 3 bed semi on the road went for 370k in 2017.

So, I saw what I think is an attractively priced house on Rightmove and came here to post it on the relevant thread.

But I can't find one! (Mods - please merge with an appropriate topic if possible.)

You can tell from those beams it is a beautiful period property. Full of character......

I cannot imagine paying more than 300k for a house without a major cash injection, would almost literally never sleep. 

I agree. I also see that the price has been amended to £299,995, which is realistic.

I still have the original listing window open.

If anyone can tell me a (very) simple way to snip and post the screen view on a mac, I can demonstrate that it was initially listed at £290k, which is cheap.

Strange world we live in when an "attractively priced" semi - with all the incumbent issues noted in the replies - is ten times the entire take-home pay of someone on a £50k salary. Especially bearing in mind the current and future economic environment of this country...