Half-Price Covid Burgers

HOLA441
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yep. Not sure if this is the right way to do it but... Ordered the food and any sift drinks seperatly to the alcohol to get the full discount. 

Another point, was with an NHS staff member who gets 20% off the bill. 20% applied to the full value along with the 50% voucher.

£20 of food went down to £6.

HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, winkie said:

You have to spend at least £10 to save £10...... family of four spend at least £40 to save £40, that is not saving......?

Thats one way of looking at it. The other is that the only pub in walking distance to me is an OK spoons so it's steak at chips for a fiver... I would be hard to beat that down tesco 

HOLA446
1 minute ago, locky82 said:

Thats one way of looking at it. The other is that the only pub in walking distance to me is an OK spoons so it's steak at chips for a fiver... I would be hard to beat that down tesco 

Nothing wrong with that not everyone has a spoons down the road, a fiver once in a while a nice treat......add on the beer might be a bit more.....Regarding beef, I find it is much less expensive now, some super deals at the moment in shops.....British beef.?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Anyone been helping out by stuffing their faces with half-price Covid burgers, with thanks from the national populist party and curtesy of the taxpayer? 

Went for an Honest Burger with the wife last night. 30% NHS discount plus 50% Covid discount reduced the cost of a burger from £14 to £4.90.

Managed to get a booking at Burrough Hawksmoor for next week, £30 steak and chips down to a tenner. 

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, captainb said:

Yep. Not sure if this is the right way to do it but... Ordered the food and any sift drinks seperatly to the alcohol to get the full discount. 

Another point, was with an NHS staff member who gets 20% off the bill. 20% applied to the full value along with the 50% voucher.

£20 of food went down to £6.

Not far from Government will feed you.  Red Rishi makes Corbyn look right wing

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

My sister, her huband and their 2 children drove 45 miles to Brighton for fish and chips and J20s last night.  Total bill after all discounts...£6.93.  

Great for them, but one question.  Why are we tax payers paying for this as a country?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
30 minutes ago, JB1973 said:

My sister, her huband and their 2 children drove 45 miles to Brighton for fish and chips and J20s last night.  Total bill after all discounts...£6.93.  

Great for them, but one question.  Why are we tax payers paying for this as a country?

How much was the petrol and and parking costs, yes people are stupid when they see half price.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
31 minutes ago, JB1973 said:

Reality is the consequences of the lcokdown in health terms (current estimate 200k excess deaths) and social economic terms (current estimate 9 million unemployed) far outweigh the impact of the virus itself. 

This is an attempt to get people out of the you will die mode, if under 65 just 2,400 people have vast majority with other conditions.. Against 28k who die or seriously injured on the roads yearly. 

From that don't leave the house mode into a more rational carry on with appropriate caution 

HOLA4418

Who doesn't like a discount, right. Although that's all it is, what happens when it ends at the end of the month. 

Will a lot of people keep going back, or has this just kicked the can a little bit further over there. 

Seems a bit like the Groupon haircut discount type thing to me. It's not really a game changing stimulus but whatever it's the best we are going to get. 

HOLA4419

Also this- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/whats-on-news/nottingham-cafe-owner-brands-eat-4393409.amp

Only a small page but interesting point made by a cafe owner that this scheme may have interfered with their businesses natural recovery- which would be along the lines of nearly every other scheme- help to buy, help to rent, help to eat, help to PCP and help to buy a percentage of a house. 

Maybe more interventions are not what we need (however small) 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, Si1 said:

It's a subsidy for the middle classes. What's not to like for the modern Tory party?

In Southampton city centre I will have to step over the beggars to go into the curry house to get a £25 curry for £15.  I wonder if that £10 could have been used more wisely????  I guess its a case of who cares...the UK debt is so out of control now this addition is a drop in the ocean.  I am sure future generations won't begrudge us our cheap currys.

Plan to go on Monday, so will stay in Saturday.  Honestly I wanted to rise above this stupidity and ignore it but GF wants to go.

HOLA4425