House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Nationwide Jul 2020 House Price Index

10 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Asking prices don't exist to mortgage companies, don't even record them. 

Asking prices don't but agreed price does when an agreement in principle is offered, then when the survey is done they record the market price for calculating the LTV %

I’m actually relieved that prices didn’t go up more in July. There was such a huge amount of demand that was a) pent up after the lockdown and b) bought forward due to SD holiday, all concentrated into a market where there are fewer sellers due to uncertainty, furlough etc etc, that 1.4% seems very acceptable. I would expect August to follow suit, but after that it will go bye bye, especially at the back end of the year, early next year.

I spoke to an estate agent yesterday, or rather a temp assistant in the office, and she said that no one can get mortgages...her daughter is trying but can’t get one, and a house we are viewing today is one that had SSTC, boxes packed ready to go, but chain fell through. Going in low cash, and if they don’t bite, we walk away...rinse and repeat until January/February when we may make offers near asking.

Edited by HovelinHove

7 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

I’m actually relieved that prices didn’t go up more in July

I have to agree and similarly expect next month to potentially still show positive house price growth as the last of the peak price sales feed through.

7 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Going in low cash, and if they don’t bite, we walk away...rinse and repeat

Personally I am going to hold off and let the unemployment figures do the hard work of changing vendors attitudes for me.

But if I was going to buy now then that seems like a sensible plan.

20 minutes ago, Switch625 said:

I have to agree and similarly expect next month to potentially still show positive house price growth as the last of the peak price sales feed through.

Personally I am going to hold off and let the unemployment figures do the hard work of changing vendors attitudes for me.

But if I was going to buy now then that seems like a sensible plan.

I’m about t accept a job offer, so would like to move before hand, however, this is our last roll of the dice till January really today. I agree though, it is easier to let the market come to us, rather than forcing it, winding up local agents and potentially burning bridges for when things are different in January.

20 hours ago, msi said:

Come on Trolls - you can do better...lets hear you crow.  I want to save the best quotes for 2021 when it goes t*ts up.

To be fair there were some cracking quotes from 2012 till today from this site. Just look at the are the shires crashing thread? Several years of false dawn's and it's definitely happening.

46 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

no one can get mortgages...

The Greedy Unwashed Will tire of STC ping pong, and it will only get worse as the Zombies are put to the sword, unemployment increases, the Autumn comes, and reality stays.

Edited by “Nasty Piece of work”
Touch screen buggering around

1 minute ago, Switch625 said:

Makes sense.

Congratulations on landing a new job in the current environment. 🍾

I’m very blessed. I have a Ph.D. and work in pharma in a very high demand role. I could get 10 job offers tomorrow if I wanted. Every recession I’ve been though pharma always thrives. Governments are too afraid to cut health budgets, and drugs work.

6 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

I’m very blessed. I have a Ph.D. and work in pharma in a very high demand role. I could get 10 job offers tomorrow if I wanted. Every recession I’ve been though pharma always thrives. Governments are too afraid to cut health budgets, and drugs work.

And addictive as well and in some cases dangerous (read the inserts for example).

I call it 'pHARMa.  I apologise if I offend you! 

22 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You must have missed it, they brought back TermFunding, with even lower IRs.  

TF was the thing that single handedly suppressed mortgage rates and savings rates and allowed the 2012 bubble to start, they BoE is handing magicked up cash to the banks to lend to ANYONE, UK sub-prime.

They withdrew it and raised rates, prices started to fall.

Worse than that, this is the tragedy/criminality of it all, IIRC they can use the magicked up TermFunding cash in their fractional reserve scam so they can lend out 9x what they take from the BoE.  Am I right in that thinking ?

The bankers will not stop till it collapses and arrests are made ( MPs included ).

When/how that is going to happen is anyone guess.

Every time a crisis happens and prices start to fall they just wheel out their next scam.

Will CV19 be the thing that collapses the bubble, it's looking less likely by the day and more likely that they've just played everyone so they could rob a £1Trillion from us all.

The crazy bit is, the people lap it up.

Does TF have much relationship to QE? Not sure how it works

23 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You must have missed it, they brought back TermFunding, with even lower IRs.  

TF was the thing that single handedly suppressed mortgage rates and savings rates and allowed the 2012 bubble to start, they BoE is handing magicked up cash to the banks to lend to ANYONE, UK sub-prime.

They withdrew it and raised rates, prices started to fall.

Worse than that, this is the tragedy/criminality of it all, IIRC they can use the magicked up TermFunding cash in their fractional reserve scam so they can lend out 9x what they take from the BoE.  Am I right in that thinking ?

The bankers will not stop till it collapses and arrests are made ( MPs included ).

When/how that is going to happen is anyone guess.

Every time a crisis happens and prices start to fall they just wheel out their next scam.

Will CV19 be the thing that collapses the bubble, it's looking less likely by the day and more likely that they've just played everyone so they could rob a £1Trillion from us all.

The crazy bit is, the people lap it up.

In that case, should we expect more mortgage approvals in the near future as banks have more funny money to loan or will banks use it to insulate themselves from bad debts of collapsing businesses and mortgage defaulters ?

6 hours ago, Warlord said:

And addictive as well and in some cases dangerous (read the inserts for example).

I call it 'pHARMa.  I apologise if I offend you! 

You didn’t, I am used to it. Having worked in HIV, infectious diseases and oncology I know the value of the products I have helped develop and bring to market. 

Edited by HovelinHove