House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

How To Be A Property Developer

OK I'll go then.

I will call it early before its broadcast, I reckon there is a chance they will make money in Dubai. Why?

Because if the Dubai seller wants to continue selling in the UK they will not allow a programme on national tv show them stuck with an asset, or lose. Theres a good chance they will FIND a buyer for it.

I might be wrong....

He did say "You're facing a property crash in Liverpool".

Unfortunately I think he was referring to their predicament, and not to the market in general.

Then he goes on to mention that the housing market in Liverpool has taken a nose dive.

The truth is slowly starting to permeate...

Edited by BandWagon

The Women overall LOST £10,600

The Gents overall MADE £114,000

But they're all winners! (as said at the end)

Edited by Jason

The Women overall LOST £10,600

The Gents overall MADE £114,000

But they're all winners! (as said at the end)

The lads did well but when you look at the hours they put in... Jeez. I would want 50 grand for a 7 day week for 6 months..

Sorry but that ended with a load of bullsh1t.

So they took a valuation of the property in Dubai, not a sale.

And that literal knight in shinning armour buying for another 10k on a toss of a coin, was that for real? At best it was pure bravodo because it was TV, at worst the biggest sign of a return to late 80's bubble mentality.

Finally we know the experiment finished in the summer yet the place in Liverpool only sold in December we found out last week.

All spin.

So the women didn't make any money, yets its worse than that. You work for 6 months and earn nothing. Thats a real loss when considering loss of wage.

What a poor finish to a decent series highlighting how difficult being a property developer is.

Does that price include the cost of borrowing, travel, and all the free guff they get when people know their products are going to be on TV? Also, the money from Dubai wasn't banked, the return was conjecture.

The millionaire snap decision house buyer in a helicopter!

I don't understand what all these people are on about who can't sell their houses?

Just draw a large H in your garden to indicate a helicopter landing pad and there you go problem solved.

:blink:

That 'copter story was cobblers. Absolute cobblers. And the way the pilot was behaving was illegal in that he was attempting aerobatics at an altitude of 8ft. Plus you can't just plop down in a field like that - it's not apocolypse now.

Couldnt agree more. He seemed to circle round that 4x4 about 5 feet from it. The whole thing seemed wrong.

We never saw the guy on camera proper.

The perfect millionaire greater fool arriving just on time to get ANY investor out of ANY trouble with a LARGER than expected CASH offer.

I know we risk sounding desperate bears, but anyone watching that must have wiffed the pong.

Those blokes sold 10k over the significant 2nd levelstamp duty level, lost on their ridiculous West Bromwich flat jaunt and risked it all and "won" on a 350 grand 2 bed beach house with no parking. Cr@p imho.

property in St Merryn, according to upmystreet.com, Trevannion Lodge purchased in June 05 for 160k, didn't make the Oct -Dec figures as a resale, so I guess we'll have to see what eventually happens.

Sorry but that ended with a load of bullsh1t.

So they took a valuation of the property in Dubai, not a sale.

And that literal knight in shinning armour buying for another 10k on a toss of a coin, was that for real? At best it was pure bravodo because it was TV, at worst the biggest sign of a return to late 80's bubble mentality.

Finally we know the experiment finished in the summer yet the place in Liverpool only sold in December we found out last week.

All spin.

So the women didn't make any money, yets its worse than that. You work for 6 months and earn nothing. Thats a real loss when considering loss of wage.

What a poor finish to a decent series highlighting how difficult being a property developer is.

They needed a "happy ending" - where's the money in a downbeat end? The advertisers wouldn't like it, and nor would most viewers.

So thing that got me thinking is that if the blokes did not sell in time then they would have got no cash at all.

Soooooooo, you get a mate (who has a helicopter) to buy your house at a silly profit on the basis that he hangs on to it until next toursit season and then sells it.

They split the '£110K' profit with him 50/50.

That 'copter story was cobblers. Absolute cobblers. And the way the pilot was behaving was illegal in that he was attempting aerobatics at an altitude of 8ft. Plus you can't just plop down in a field like that - it's not apocolypse now.

Lol, maybe this was Bernanke and his helicopter money coming to save the day?

AHEM!!!!

Are we not forgetting something here?

Remember when they went to Dubai? They had to pay £38K to them as a first installment. Then IF it didnt get resold in another 3 months then they have to pay another £38K to them. In total, they had 4 installments of £38K. My calculation make that £152K (38 - 76 - 114 - 152).

Why on gods earth would the sales people in Dubai struggle to sell their property for £52K or whatever was quoted when they can sell a new one easily for £38K? And why would someone pay £52K for one now when they bought theirs for £38K 3 months earlier????

Anyway, I dont believe they are trying to resell the property any way so they are tied into a contract that will cost them another £114k in payments. I make that a loss - although they do a have a set of 3 apartments which I believe will STRUGGLE to sell. Why live in the desert when there are shotloads of waterfront apartments?

I think they will get screwed to be honest. Liked the other guy but that JEM was a smug b@stard!!!

TB

Edited by teddyboy

So thing that got me thinking is that if the blokes did not sell in time then they would have got no cash at all.

Soooooooo, you get a mate (who has a helicopter) to buy your house at a silly profit on the basis that he hangs on to it until next toursit season and then sells it.

They split the '£110K' profit with him 50/50.

My God !!! yes I bet that is what happened.

I thought it all seemed a bit suscpicious but couldn't quite put my finger on it !!

I have to say though I warmed to those 2 soppy badgers !!! (A 'badger' is Mr Gal Bears' name for

dopey, ropey looking women, as I have banned him from using the words 'bird' or 'tart').

I must admit I found the final programme (and the whole series) quite amusing mostly because of those two.

A couple of times I laughed out loud at some of their conversations. Very Funny.

Especially the bit where he said to them "What were you thinking of, bidding against eachother ?"

Priceless !!! :lol: