House Price Crash Forum

James Brokenshire Trying To Defend The Tories Over Russia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Russia, China, Arab nations, USA - the list goes on. Successive governments have sold the country down the river. Every perceived "threat" of a nation is washing their money in the UK and taking stakes in everything from housing to utilities. Why we just solely focus on Russia is baffling but probably the easiest target as the public sentiment seems to dictate. China now not far behind.

Rest assured, Brokenshire et al already have their foot in the door in some private sector organisation and will one day leave politics for a bumper pay day.

The level of hypocrisy amongst Tory supporters defies belief. It is an extreme cognitive dissonance:

Record debt - but but Brown...

Crony support - but but Blair....

Privatisation - but but...PFI....

When that fails, they fall back on TINA (There Is No Alternative) and whines of 'better this than commie Corbyn ...'

There was a time to be proud of being centre-right.  Believing that People could sort their own problems out if given the chance, and enforcing a fair playing field with a Social Contract not a Social State.  It fought against racism, letting everyone have a chance at success. Supporting the weakest not the feckless and fecund.  Education and skills were something to be proud of and build up, the ultimate reward was to keep what was earned and frown upon Rentierism and unearned wealth.  International strength came form speaking quietly and having a big stick - being a fair voice to those more powerful and weaker to you.

The Tories have fallen far from that ideal, crack wh*res to power.  Labour had a chance, but are too blinded to take it.

I may well end up leaving the Tories over this.

It won't matter a jot to them of course.

There are really two types of Tory voter: those of us with money, who know they'll look after us over and above those who don't; The very rabid Sun reading low-IQ prole types, who aren't able to join the dots in a children's colouring book, let alone think critically. All they care about is kicking out the blacks and giving the lazy Jeremy Kyle show guest types a smack as well.

We've always been the party of patriotism for me until now though. This is just INSANELY incompetent, or it's even more disturbing than that.

Either way, I think I'm out. 

No other party I could vote for at the moment mind.

11 minutes ago, byron78 said:

I may well end up leaving the Tories over this.

It won't matter a jot to them of course.

There are really two types of Tory voter: those of us with money, who know they'll look after us over and above those who don't; The very rabid Sun reading low-IQ prole types, who aren't able to join the dots in a children's colouring book, let alone think critically. All they care about is kicking out the blacks and giving the lazy Jeremy Kyle show guest types a smack as well.

We've always been the party of patriotism for me until now though. This is just INSANELY incompetent, or it's even more disturbing than that.

Either way, I think I'm out. 

No other party I could vote for at the moment mind.

I was out when I realised that the party I had supported for all my adult life, up until 2012, are now at best just a bunch of liars and at worst heading towards becoming a fascist dictatorship. I would support pretty much anyone who opposes them.

22 minutes ago, byron78 said:

We've always been the party of patriotism for me until now though.

Never understood this view point from the Tory party; many peddle patriotism but Tory MPs (other parties also guilty) have been selling off the UK bit by bit to the highest overseas bidder for years. Where's the patriotism in that?

Never voted Tory but to be honest I'd stand aside from voting for any of them at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I was out when I realised that the party I had supported for all my adult life, up until 2012, are now at best just a bunch of liars and at worst heading towards becoming a fascist dictatorship. I would support pretty much anyone who opposes them.

I'm still a member, but haven't been to anything for years. Must cancel the standing order! 

Futher question. The Government have announced a new register of foreign spies and those engaged in espionage.  Will BoJo be signing it? 

11 minutes ago, PaulTW said:

Never understood this view point from the Tory party; many peddle patriotism but Tory MPs (other parties also guilty) have been selling off the UK bit by bit to the highest overseas bidder for years. Where's the patriotism in that?

Never voted Tory but to be honest I'd stand aside from voting for any of them at the moment. 

I think we're just more comfortable with colonialism and waving the flag if I'm honest.

Obviously binning off tens of thousands from our armed forces etc isn't strictly compatible with that, but then the sort of folk who own newspapers don't tend to want to rock the gravy train too much I suppose.

59 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I recall you from 10+ years ago.

It is quite odd seeing you come out as more stridently anti-Tory than me. I think coming from a mining town near Liverpool means that I had always seen them as being against me and people like me. For you, it is a let down. Perhaps?

33 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I recall you from 10+ years ago.

It is quite odd seeing you come out as more stridently anti-Tory than me. I think coming from a mining town near Liverpool means that I had always seen them as being against me and people like me. For you, it is a let down. Perhaps?

Snouts in the trough, zero integrity, these are not the Conservatives of old.

Can We have a place for the nasty lefties that isn’t in the main forum? This has nothing to do with HPC, and it’s really tiresome. They are pathetic losers and need to get over the fact they have a Tory government for another 4 years.

Edited by HovelinHove
Just now, HovelinHove said:

We have a place for the nasty lefties that isn’t in the main forum? This has nothing to do with HPC, and it’s really tiresome. They are pathetic losers and need to get over the fact they have a Tory government for another 4 years.

22 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Snouts in the trough, zero integrity, these are not the Conservatives of old.

The difference seems to me, and I write this as my impression, is before you thought they cared about people like them against the scummy hoi polloi. Now, the "people like them" has shrunk to be a very small group of hugely wealthy. (I fully acknowledge my own bias).

6 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Can We have a place for the nasty lefties that isn’t in the main forum? This has nothing to do with HPC, and it’s really tiresome. They are pathetic losers and need to get over the fact they have a Tory government for another 4 years.

Lol, such venom.

Whilst I detest the NuLabour type toads that are now in government and calling themselves Conservatives. I am not and never will be a leftie. 

14 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

2nd that 

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Lol, such venom.

Whilst I detest the NuLabour type toads that are now in government and calling themselves Conservatives. I am not and never will be a leftie. 

As a man who was here ten years ago, I was amused you have to mount this defence.

19 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

If you have lived 4 years is no time......we judge them on their actions, got 4 years to prove themselves, I hope they do, hope they can...can only wait, watch and see.?

Just now, Bruce Banner said:

Ah yes, I don't know why I bother. These Brexiteers would defend Beelzebub if they thought it would achieve their aim.

If it turned out that evolution was completely wrong and new world creationism was exactly right, I do not think that I, as a Catholic and scientist, would be open minded enough to be persuaded. For my part, I cannot expect them to be more open.

The thing is, I can look back on predictions I made a few years ago in writing, and I was fairly right with how things would go under these curcumstances. Those still arguing against me were completely wrong.

i`m pretty sure remainers argued the toss that Brexit was caused by the elderly racist mob. someone advise me how influencing twitter and facebook would change their minds seeing as they never grasped how to set a vhs to record back in the 80`s