Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Recommended Posts

People are paying rents? Thats a surprise to me.

Despite the claim of being a high charging, high paying city, majority of London jobs are low paid service jobs.

London is more empty than smaller urban areas out in the sticks. My local town has been like a bank holiday, as all the idiots pile in to, err, walk around aimlessly.

  Id guess that people are avoiding travelling into London on train and tube. No people travelling in, no people in the bars, no work for the low paid service sector. Bust.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shlomo said:

I have a friend who is a landlord and he says he cannot get tenants, this is luxury end for Arabs/Chinese the problem started before coronovirus 

i can offer £50 a month all bills included ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, longgone said:

i can offer £50 a month all bills included ?

This is penthouse luxury end, they would not let low life like you through the door especially if you start talking about how you are just an ebayer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shlomo said:

This is penthouse luxury end, they would not let low life like you through the door especially if you start talking about how you are just an ebayer 

haha well you seem chummy with him so some low life is acceptable evidently. you should post under prozac again it was far more fun when you did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Longtermrenter said:

I looked at column 1. Rents have risen more in Herts than 10% last 5 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, longgone said:

haha well you seem chummy with him so some low life is acceptable evidently. you should post under prozac again it was far more fun when you did. 

You are always looking for a bargain you would not pay £4K for a one bedroom flat you know the cost of everything but the value of nothing 

you cannot think of 2 different things at the same time

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shlomo said:

You are always looking for a bargain you would not pay £4K for a one bedroom flat you know the cost of everything but the value of nothing 

you cannot think of 2 different things at the same time

i need examples so i can understand, so tell me where i have missed value show me the error of my ways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, longgone said:

i need examples so i can understand, so tell me where i have missed value show me the error of my ways. 

I am not trying to imply that you are stupid you would make a good business partner 

perhaps I am talking allowed about my faults 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shlomo said:

I am not trying to imply that you are stupid you would make a good business partner 

perhaps I am talking allowed about my faults 

you just sound bitter, there are a few on here with that trait. parading success but underneath empty and bitter you can seen it in the odd post slipped though now and again while they are not insulting directly. success in itself can be a burden nothing to strive for anymore, their only enjoyment is to antagonize those who they believe are lower than them. some even go as far to leave specific posts they think the targeted poster will be attracted to. very sad and very transparent, maybe the mark is wiser than the hustler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, longgone said:

you just sound bitter, there are a few on here with that trait. parading success but underneath empty and bitter you can seen it in the odd post slipped though now and again while they are not insulting directly. success in itself can be a burden nothing to strive for anymore, their only enjoyment is to antagonize those who they believe are lower than them. some even go as far to leave specific posts they think the targeted poster will be attracted to. very sad and very transparent, maybe the mark is wiser than the hustler. 

You love being insulted, it makes you feel alive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shlomo said:

I have a friend who is a landlord and he says he cannot get tenants, this is luxury end for Arabs/Chinese the problem started before coronovirus 

There is far less travel  now - that will probably come back at some time but no one knows when

2 hours ago, shlomo said:

You are always looking for a bargain you would not pay £4K for a one bedroom flat you know the cost of everything but the value of nothing 

There are people who would not buy if houses fell to 2K - they would hold on hoping that they would fall to 1.5k.

They are not interested in buying a house as a home but purely as a financial investment.

There are people who could have afforded to buy 2008-2012 but t did not.  They thought they were clever by waiting and waiting for prices to fall further so they could make a big profit on a house they bought.  Now that prices have shot up they are angry that they did not take the opportunity when is was there for them.  These are the same people who whinge that other people have bought a house that has increased in value but they do not see the irony of that.  Rather than  just look at themselves and accept they made a mistake which has been costly they blame the rest of the world.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

 

There are people who could have afforded to buy 2008-2012 but t did not.  They thought they were clever by waiting and waiting for prices to fall further so they could make a big profit on a house they bought.  Now that prices have shot up they are angry that they did not take the opportunity when is was there for them.  These are the same people who whinge that other people have bought a house that has increased in value but they do not see the irony of that.  Rather than  just look at themselves and accept they made a mistake which has been costly they blame the rest of the world.  

I think on this forum their are some people who did not buy because they wanted to boast that they purchased at the lowest price 

One up man ship

 

 nothing to do with BTL

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2020 at 14:07, richmondtw said:

There is far less travel  now - that will probably come back at some time but no one knows when

There are people who would not buy if houses fell to 2K - they would hold on hoping that they would fall to 1.5k.

They are not interested in buying a house as a home but purely as a financial investment.

There are people who could have afforded to buy 2008-2012 but t did not.  They thought they were clever by waiting and waiting for prices to fall further so they could make a big profit on a house they bought.  Now that prices have shot up they are angry that they did not take the opportunity when is was there for them.  These are the same people who whinge that other people have bought a house that has increased in value but they do not see the irony of that.  Rather than  just look at themselves and accept they made a mistake which has been costly they blame the rest of the world.  

Irrelevant.

Now is the biggest recession since the 30s and no slashing of costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trump Invective said:

From the tenants point of view: personal financial disaster, little sympathy from ll. Disturbing circumstances. From ll point of view: I've got to pay my bills.

He;s going to have to wait 5 weeks for his tenants HB ?  Many are probably in this position

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 417 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.