House Price Crash Forum

post man dropped though sale and purchase of property by mistake.

longgone

HOLA441
HOLA442

looks like this lot are selling a flat and buying a house, the house is 650k more !  interestingly the flat from checking the address was bought for 250k in 2006 and being sold for 530k, i know the road they are buying in and houses where selling for 500-600k only 10 years ago now they are paying 1.12 for some doer upper ghastly place from looking at right move.  seems the house they live in where it was supposed to be delivered to was bought in 1997 and valued at 1.2m.  

i wonder if they are remortgaging their own house to buy this ? or are the banks still handing out money like confetti. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
17 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Surely got to be an inheritance in there. 650k more is a heckload

maybe  pure greed though two detached houses,  the house they live in was bought in 1997 for 250k they go for 1 mill now.  shows how the generations have been phucked over. they are late 50s couple 

HOLA445
15 hours ago, longgone said:

maybe  pure greed though two detached houses,  the house they live in was bought in 1997 for 250k they go for 1 mill now.  shows how the generations have been phucked over. they are late 50s couple 

I can also say graduate wages have barely risen over that period. So it is in fact 4x harder now than it was then.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I can also say graduate wages have barely risen over that period. So it is in fact 4x harder now than it was then.

Yet there is a steady supply of graduates
 getting into debt to have the possibility to earn phuckall at the end of it. 

HOLA447
10 minutes ago, longgone said:

Yet there is a steady supply of graduates
 getting into debt to have the possibility to earn phuckall at the end of it. 

Indeed, there does seem to be a lot of degree mis-selling.

When I graduated (1996) it was possible to walk into a £35/40k job straight out of University.

It is probably even harder to do that in 2020 than it was then.

HOLA448
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Indeed, there does seem to be a lot of degree mis-selling.

When I graduated (1996) it was possible to walk into a £35/40k job straight out of University.

It is probably even harder to do that in 2020 than it was then.

yep i was getting that in 1999 left school 5 years earlier, wages are pathetic now even before houses price inflation. 

maybe the young have no idea they have been screwed as much as they have. i doubt they know wages wise but probably do on HPI.

Archived