House Price Crash Forum

MP Who Beat Chris Grayling To intelligence Chair Role Loses Tory Whip

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/15/chris-grayling-fails-to-become-intelligence-and-security-chair

MP who beat Chris Grayling to intelligence chair role loses Tory whip

Julian Lewis kicked out of parliamentary party after beating Boris Johnson’s pick

Boris Johnson was humiliated on Wednesday after Chris Grayling, his pick to lead parliament’s powerful intelligence and security committee, was unexpectedly rejected in an ambush by MPs.

The former cabinet minister was defeated by fellow Conservative Julian Lewis – prompting an embarrassed Downing Street to kick the victor, who was accused of duplicitous behaviour, out of the parliamentary party.

One source said Grayling “didn’t see it coming” as the nine members of the MPs’ committee voted five to four in favour of Lewis, with the four opposition members all voting against Grayling.

A furious Downing Street responded by stripping the whip from Lewis – a Tory MP since 1997 – “because he worked with Labour and other opposition MPs to his own advantage”.

Edited by Social Justice League

Reeks of Dom. Lewis is a right wing, bluer than blue Tory, this is him firing a shot across Dom's bow.

Good to see some Tories with an actual conscience and putting country before party.

Roll on the Russia report

This ultra authoritarian government has to get it's comeuppance soon..... Surely?

I didn't think that anything could ever be worse than Blair. Then we had Brown, Cameron, May, and now BJ/Cummings. Each more authoritarian than the last.

What next?

56 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

A furious Downing Street responded by stripping the whip from Lewis – a Tory MP since 1997 – “because he worked with Labour and other opposition MPs to his own advantage”.

And this has what to do with HPs?

Answers on a postage stamp.

The govt falls? Oh please. It has a what 80 or 90 majority.  It's going nowhere till December 2024.

Top news story of the day on the MSM means it is a non news story.

Edited by Killer Bunny
24 minutes ago, ticket2ride said:

Love this story. Dom/Johnson mugged off by one of their own. The beginning of the end for Dom-John?

Given the lengths they have gone to stop us seeing this report I doubt they are just going to roll over and let Lewis publish it. Especially if the rumours about their connections to Russia are true. I'd be very careful if I were Lewis.

11 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

Extreme thinking r us

Madness to believe a 80/90 majority can be toppled.

Of course it can, any majority can be toppled if a crime has been committed.

If the election, that gave them that majority is proven to have been rigged, the Supreme Court may get involved.

On 16/07/2020 at 08:48, Social Justice League said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/15/chris-grayling-fails-to-become-intelligence-and-security-chair

MP who beat Chris Grayling to intelligence chair role loses Tory whip

Julian Lewis kicked out of parliamentary party after beating Boris Johnson’s pick

Boris Johnson was humiliated on Wednesday after Chris Grayling, his pick to lead parliament’s powerful intelligence and security committee, was unexpectedly rejected in an ambush by MPs.

The former cabinet minister was defeated by fellow Conservative Julian Lewis – prompting an embarrassed Downing Street to kick the victor, who was accused of duplicitous behaviour, out of the parliamentary party.

One source said Grayling “didn’t see it coming” as the nine members of the MPs’ committee voted five to four in favour of Lewis, with the four opposition members all voting against Grayling.

Was David Davis not available?

On 16/07/2020 at 08:48, Social Justice League said:

Opposed to these MPs who were quite happy to work with Opposition MPs to their own advantage

unnamed.jpg

Further evidence of a government acting with impunity alongside failure to sack robert Jenrick. How many mps has johnson withdrawn whip from now in less than a year? An over the  top reaction  over failed election stitch up. The objectively better candidate won too. 

On 16/07/2020 at 09:31, ticket2ride said:

Love this story. Dom/Johnson mugged off by one of their own. The beginning of the end for Dom-John?

There is something really suspicious going on here. I think Cambridge Spy Ring level, but even higher. 

If they bring the hangman back to deal with treason, he'll need to calculate the correct drop height for a 17 Stone 5'8" fatso with a thick neck.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
On 7/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, Bruce Banner said:

Of course it can, any majority can be toppled if a crime has been committed.

If the election, that gave them that majority is proven to have been rigged, the Supreme Court may get involved.

lol 

to some anything they do not like is rigged

house prices too high - rigged

the party i vote for got p d all over and lost the working class vote - rigged

the football team i support got relegated - rigged

Its is not fair boo hoo

I am happy to bet £1,000 the Tories will be in until they call an election close to the end of the term.

If you are so confident ............

If not why go on about it 

In the meantime anyone who thinks that a labour govt in 4 years will reduce house prices is going to work and spend money on rent when they could be paying off a mortgage for 4 years.  At least as there is zero guarantee that labour will win any more than I can predict the result of a football game in 4 years time.  I would not waste my time trying to do so.  

I think people who constantly look at house prices should think of a house as a home not a financial investment.

Personalty I have owned my house a few years - have no idea what it is worth and do not care.  It is a home for me and the family.  

44 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

lol 

to some anything they do not like is rigged

house prices too high - rigged

the party i vote for got p d all over and lost the working class vote - rigged

the football team i support got relegated - rigged

It comes from being so blinkered, closed-minded and probably so pampered (not always a direct sign of the latter so maybe another explanation is needed for being so divorced from reality that it looks like a constant expectation of being looked after by someone else) from the world that the idea that things might not turn out perfectly without malicious interference (meaning "exactly as I'd like them to") is an idea too alien for them.