House Price Crash Forum

Asking prices up 4.34%, not surprised as the listing prices I saw in the shires were eye watering.

The only good news was London asking prices down over 1% and listing volumes up 16% ish

They will stop at nothing to protect the "economy"

image.png.2da7e7ad9b76dc4298eb678904ea5d16.png

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Round here (rural Gloucestershire) asking prices are still flat, or up slightly. It has somehow become accepted wisdom around here that everyone wants to move to the country and prices will go up.. not down. I hear it all the time unfortunately.

Cheltenham asking prices are still delusional, but not a lot is actually shifting. The town has enjoyed 5-10% YoY HPI for the last decade and it will be difficult to change that mentality. It's a nice town but the local economy simply does not justify the crazy prices. 

However, Swindon is looking more and more bearish with every passing day. Reductions everywhere and diminishing sales. It has a headstart due to Honda and other job losses beginning to bite last year.

In all the areas I watch, it seems that many that were SOLD STC earlier this year still aren't completing. I am guessing the buyers are there, the sale agreed prices are bullish, but the lending just isn't forthcoming. All will become clear in the next three months I hope.

6 minutes ago, lewat said:

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Round here (rural Gloucestershire) asking prices are still flat, or up slightly. It has somehow become accepted wisdom around here that everyone wants to move to the country and prices will go up.. not down. I hear it all the time unfortunately.

Cheltenham asking prices are still delusional, but not a lot is actually shifting. The town has enjoyed 5-10% YoY HPI for the last decade and it will be difficult to change that mentality. It's a nice town but the local economy simply does not justify the crazy prices. 

However, Swindon is looking more and more bearish with every passing day. Reductions everywhere and diminishing sales. It has a headstart due to Honda and other job losses beginning to bite last year.

In all the areas I watch, it seems that many that were SOLD STC earlier this year still aren't completing. I am guessing the buyers are there, the sale agreed prices are bullish, but the lending just isn't forthcoming. All will become clear in the next three months I hope.

This requires patience. I am viewing properties, making offers 10% below asking, then walking away. I don’t expect to be buying until January or February unless someone accepts my offer.

40 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Asking prices up 4.34%, not surprised as the listing prices I saw in the shires were eye watering.

The only good news was London asking prices down over 1% and listing volumes up 16% ish

They will stop at nothing to protect the "economy"

This is asking prices though. Actual paid prices are what count, surely.

Edited by dpg50000
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Thanks. As someone looking in parts of West and now South London, I wasn't surprised to see a drop. Thought it would be more as I regularly see drops of 5-10% on 3-4 bed homes. (they look like family homes and ex-rentals). Almost nothing SSTC.

As others say, things should be clearer in the autumn.

Edited by Voice of Doom
Missing apostrophe. Almost ruined my day.
16 hours ago, dpg50000 said:

This is asking prices though. Actual paid prices are what count, surely.

Of course it does, asking prices are completely irrelevant. Why is this even reported?