House Price Crash Forum

Buy now and watch the crash or wait and watch them go to the moon.

HOLA441
Just now, Speed1987 said:

House prices, fell yes, but those with fixed mortgage debts, actually won yea? 

Unlikely to happen now, as it would upset HTB mortgage holders who vote Tory.

Instead, you'll be able afford less food and other ********, you dont really need. Stop all the obesity.

Why take from us, when we can take your money from your savings and reduce the amount of purchasing power you have.

Then instead of London, you'll be dreaming of owning a house in Birmingham or Mancheser, then in 10-20 more years, even liverpool will be out of reach. Those who cannot afford will be crammed into ex commercial buildings, like the old work houses.

If you dont like it, stuff you,we will just continue to bring in more ceap labour and the wealthy to replace you, while you moan about those prices. This labour will be happy, as they used to live in huts.

I'll will continue to rent to these types. Who keep waiting for a 10-20% crash.

That's what's gonna happen, if anyone is gonna suffer it will be savers and the poor.

October october october.... you still need jobs to create your miracle HPI++++ forever gravy train. 

Keep posting though, I do enjoy it ? 

You can write what you think will happen all you like.  Doesn't mean the brits will take it.  We aren't asia...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
4 minutes ago, Speed1987 said:

That's what's gonna happen, if anyone is gonna suffer it will be savers and the poor.

Your deluding yourself, just buy and get on with life, I'm trying to help you.

The only person your trying to help is your own self.  Lets be honest about that.

HOLA443
24 minutes ago, blackhole said:

Better off waiting till October at least, when furlough scheme comes off surely?!

The end / tapering of furlough will (of course) press down on prices, but if nominal prices fall in July + August?

That might trigger the (inflationary) panic response in September.

So holding off to a nominal October may be silly.

Edited by Timm
vanity

HOLA444
Just now, Timm said:

The end / tapering of furlough will (of course) press down on prices, but what if nominal prices fall in July and August?

That might trigger the (inflationary) panic response in September.

So holding off to a nominal October may be silly.

Maybe but at the same time the amount of jobs being covered by this scheme is mind-boggling - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/18/covid-6m-britons-fear-losing-their-jobs-despite-chancellor-measures  

HOLA445
HOLA446
12 minutes ago, Speed1987 said:

Instead, you'll be able afford less food and other ********, you dont really need. Stop all the obesity.

Why take from us, when we can take your money from your savings and reduce the amount of purchasing power you have.

Then instead of London, people will be dreaming of owning a house in Birmingham or Mancheser, then in 10-20 more years, even liverpool will be out of reach. Those who cannot afford will be crammed into ex commercial buildings, like the old work houses.

If people don't like it, stuff them, we will just continue to bring in more ceap labour and the wealthy to replace you, while people moan about those prices. This labour will be happy, as they used to live in huts.

LL will continue to rent to these types. Who keep waiting for a 10-20% crash.

+1 They won't get it. Come 2040, they will still be talking about prices crashing to 200e levels in their dreams. God bless Corbyn. He destroyed Labour and Starmer is doing last rites.

HOLA447
1 minute ago, Simhadri said:

+1 They won't get it. Come 2040, they will still be talking about prices crashing to 200e levels in their dreams. God bless Corbyn. He destroyed Labour and Starmer is doing last rites.

There's no free lunch.  None.  Speed writes as if there's zero second or third order effects.  That's why I'm "meh".  

HOLA448
HOLA449
14 minutes ago, blackhole said:

The only person your trying to help is your own self.  Lets be honest about that.

Yep, and failing miserably.

Speedo's compulsive posting about his financial acumen (LOL) simply highlights his fear and desperation.

Just another lifetime debt slave trapped in negative equity, hopelessly praying for hyperinflation to save his sorry @rse. :lol:

Edited by Deckard

HOLA4410
Just now, Deckard said:

Speedo's compulsive posting about his financial acumen (LOL) simply highlights his fear and desperation.

Just another lifetime debt slave trapped in degative equity, hopelessly praying for hyperinflation to save his sorry @rse. :lol:

I know, he's a signal to me that things are on track  ? Keep it up speed!  

2 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Consumer capitalism is finished.  House prices are the side show that keeps on giving.

It was finished pre-COVID; UK PLCs embracing digital just to keep their heads above water margins wise.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 minute ago, Drummer said:

If you can find a reasonable deal, go for it.

I've worked with people who have been waiting for the FTSE to fall below 5000 since 2011 - its never happened!

Yes it has and I bought it...March this year.

HOLA4416
12 minutes ago, Speed1987 said:

Then instead of London, people will be dreaming of owning a house in Birmingham or Mancheser, then in 10-20 more years, even liverpool will be out of reach. Those who cannot afford will be crammed into ex commercial buildings, like the old work houses.

If people don't like it, stuff them, we will just continue to bring in more ceap labour and the wealthy to replace you, while people moan about those prices. This labour will be happy, as they used to live in huts.

LL will continue to rent to these types. Who keep waiting for a 10-20% crash.

Except that savers and the asset-poor constitute a majority of the electorate. You expect them to keep voting Tory while you and your bankster chums make off with an ever-greater share of the national output? Sorry, Marie Antoinette. Either Johnson delivers on his Red Wall promises, or the tumbrils will roll.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Speed1987 said:

Just remember, the banks & government are set to loose much more, than you are, if the markets goes south. LTV of 75%, is essentially 3:1 risk on the banks part. The banks, influence the government they are all friends...

Err - no.  75% LTV is not 3:1 leverage at all.

75% LTV means house prices can fall up to 25% without the bank being at risk of losing a single penny.  Almost exactly the opposite about what you're saying about the banks having more to lose than the average Joe?  

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Err - no.  75% LTV is not 3:1 leverage at all.

75% LTV means house prices can fall up to 25% without the bank being at risk of losing a single penny.  Almost exactly the opposite about what you're saying about the banks having more to lose than the average Joe?  

Give the guy a break, will you?

He's barely literate and you expect him to get that? :D

HOLA4420
21 minutes ago, locky82 said:

Worst website to ask for a balanced view. 

Id buy. 

You can either buy and have a place bought and paid for before your retirement. 

Or you can gamble

I wouldn't gamble on my future. 

Those who took balanced view here 20 years ago still stuck in rented accommodation.

But this website good to how to protect your investments by doing opposite of the view here. This website is doing great service for BTL by influencing people to keep renting all their lives.

HOLA4421
Just now, Simhadri said:

Those who took balanced view here 20 years ago still stuck in rented accommodation.

But this website good to how to protect your investments by doing opposite of the view here. This website is doing great service for BTL by influencing people to keep renting all their lives.

Thanks to this website sure I may have rented for longer, but I won't be the one stuck with a massive mortgage around my neck either, dictating my life choices for the next 25yrs+ ?

(ok, business went much better than expected....)

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Speed1987 said:

LTV of 75%, is essentially 3:1 risk on the banks part.

This is not true, the borrower's equity goes first if prices drop and if the borrower defaults and gets repossessed the bank can continue to pursue the borrower for any mortgage debt that isn't cleared when the repo is sold. The borrower is carrying much more risk than the bank.

HOLA4423
31 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Just another lifetime debt slave trapped in negative equity, hopelessly praying for hyperinflation to save his sorry @rse. :lol:

Markets move on fear and greed, and Speed1987's posts are drenched in fear.

HOLA4424
2 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Not true. The UK experienced a significant real terms house price crash between 2009-12.

Only a handful of professional economists had an inkling the correction was coming.

HOLA4425
10 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

This is not true, the borrower's equity goes first if prices drop and if the borrower defaults and gets repossessed the bank can continue to pursue the borrower for any mortgage debt that isn't cleared when the repo is sold. The borrower is carrying much more risk than the bank.

Exactly. 

The best deals from the buy side are always bank repos at auction...if you have the cash. 

Cash only, no photos, don't give a crap, no marketing etc.. Why? Because they dont give a crap about getting 100% of the value or even 90%..just thier o/s mortgage amount of 60% and the cheapest, quickest way to get that please.