House Price Crash Forum

We've got a cheap one. Eufy 11 I think.

It's handy to be able to just start it and let it run around once or twice a week, but it does require moving all the junk off the floor first or it will grab cables and try to drag them around the house.

9 hours ago, MarkG said:

We've got a cheap one. Eufy 11 I think.

It's handy to be able to just start it and let it run around once or twice a week, but it does require moving all the junk off the floor first or it will grab cables and try to drag them around the house.

Cool ta. I’m getting more ocd cleaning wise as I get older.

Yes. Paid about £180 for a discontinued model. Best to run it in one room/area at a time when you go out. Saves a lot of hoovering, but still need to do it manually once/twice a month for the parts the robot can't reach.

It was great when we were living abroad in a large apartment with lots of space. Now living in a small house with little space around furniture and with fringed rugs. Too many cables and things for it to get caught in. 

42 minutes ago, Flopsy said:

It was great when we were living abroad in a large apartment with lots of space. Now living in a small house with little space around furniture and with fringed rugs. Too many cables and things for it to get caught in. 

My experience too (Roomba). Basically designed for rooms with large areas of empty floor space. Not so good in houses with lots of odd corners and niches.

On 02/07/2020 at 13:06, RentingForever said:

My experience too (Roomba). Basically designed for rooms with large areas of empty floor space. Not so good in houses with lots of odd corners and niches.

Downstairs is just wood floors so I might be alright. 

On 02/07/2020 at 12:08, yodigo said:

Yes. Paid about £180 for a discontinued model. Best to run it in one room/area at a time when you go out. Saves a lot of hoovering, but still need to do it manually once/twice a month for the parts the robot can't reach.

Is it energy efficient?  Leaving a vacuum cleaner running when I go out would become expensive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an old iRobot one. Had to replace the battery a few times, but does an ok job and is good for getting cat hair from under the bed.

It isn't that smart, just maps the room as it goes on a first pass and works in the bounded perimeter.

The main issue it has is with clutter on the floor, which has increased exponentially since the kids arrived. It worked well in a DINKY house.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
  • 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

How are you finding it? 

Generally very good. We run it on about a 30 sq m floor every other night and it picks up a serious amount of fluff and dirt. Does under sofas and cabinets - places that would normally collect the dust and never get touched. It also has a mop function (which requires switching out the sweeper and bin for a water tank and mop).

It also finds its way home and charges on its docking station. Very happy so far.

Had one incident with cat sh!t that I never want to repeat, but that was our fault.