House Price Crash Forum
shlomo

Has waiting for a House Price Crash affected your relationship/s

41 minutes ago, blackhole said:

When I read this thread, what is being described isnt a partnership, but more of a devolved (but nobody likes to say this) boy and mother relationship once all the fizz bang wears off. 

I see lots of this. I think that’s what some men want though; someone to mother them after they’ve flown the nest. I also see the type who spend as much time as they can away from ‘her indoors’, at work or down the pub with their friends. They’re the brow-beaten ones at the BBQ who dress how they’re told and roll their eyes every time ‘mother’ nags at them. 

16 hours ago, dryrot said:

"I'd like to see them starving,

The so-called working class

Their weekly wages halving

Their women stewing grass"

A less than pleasant stanza. (But powerfully-expressed, as always)

Interesting.  Cheers.

if i really decided to tie the knot it would have to be with someone paid up on a house already to sweeten the deal. My positive aura is priceless so she would be well up on the arrangement. 

2 hours ago, doomed said:

This is the most depressing thread I have ever read on this site. I can only imagine if they were giving houses away quite a few on here would still find something to be bitter about. 

The windows are too small! I have to mow the lawn! :D

6 minutes ago, longgone said:

if i really decided to tie the knot it would have to be with someone paid up on a house already to sweeten the deal. My positive aura is priceless so she would be well up on the arrangement. 

You have a very high opinion of yourself, catman 

9 minutes ago, longgone said:

That’s not an aura, that’s a cloud of blowflies :D 

11 minutes ago, longgone said:

“You had me at ‘if’.” 

06675891-97E5-412A-B223-A62FD212E7AA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

That’s not an aura, that’s a cloud of blowflies :D 

when i`m out the girls view from afar the only question is how far. 

No - I got lucky.

I was living on a boat when m'lady moved in - that was a bit of a test. Then came the GFC and we used my STR fund to buy a house.

Which was nice.

How things would have panned out without the collapse of the global banking system, I will never know.

21 minutes ago, longgone said:

when i`m out the girls view from afar the only question is how far. 

“What’s that’s buzzing noise, Sophie?” 😁

15 minutes ago, Timm said:

No - I got lucky.

I was living on a boat when m'lady moved in - that was a bit of a test. Then came the GFC and we used my STR fund to buy a house.

Which was nice.

How things would have panned out without the collapse of the global banking system, I will never know.

Nice one

11 hours ago, GregBowman said:

I took a shot at forever 40 years ago married 30 - to my beautiful wife. I know she loves me mostly 😉 she is the best part of me and who every day I make an effort for. We have two children a now adult son and daughter the proverbial kings gift. Our marriage has been the bedrock of my life and the foundation for our children’s self esteem and confidence 

You’ve won the lottery. It’s good to hear.

43 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Thank You. Its luck I guess as much as anything else but I stuck to my side of he bargain always been a grafter and when the family came along put them first. But boy you have to work at it. I don't have much truck with the misogynists on here who come across as woman haters. There are good bad in both sexes and If was to call it I have come across far more goonish men who let themselves go/get flattered by the office junior with the boobs/ abuse their leadership position and so on.

I am no saint never had an affair but seen the inside of many seedy clubs and lap dancing clubs there needs to be a  bit of latitude imho. 

I firmly believe there is female equivalent of show me the boy at 7 and I will show you the man. Some men who end up bitter and twisted have ignored many amber lights along he way.

Edited by GregBowman

18 hours ago, captainb said:

His letters expressed some pretty racist views etc

Larkin was born in 1922. I douht he saw many colourd people til he was well in his 30s.

And he didnt start a 3rd Reich.

Did go to Ull mind.

Edited by spyguy

13 minutes ago, GregBowman said:

Thank You. Its luck I guess as much as anything else but I stuck to my side of he bargain always been a grafter and when the family came along put them first. But boy you have to work at it. I don't have much truck with the misogynists on here who come across as woman haters. There are good bad in both sexes and If was to call it I have come across far more goonish men who let themselves go/get flattered by the office junior with the boobs/ abuse their leadership position and so on.

I am no saint never had an affair but seen the inside of many seedy clubs and lap dancing clubs there needs to be a  bit of latitude imho. 

I firmly believe there is female equivalent of show me the boy at 7 and I will show you the man. Some men who end up bitter and twisted have ignored many amber lights along he way.

This is true, which is why we all need to learn how to identify the traits that people use to cover up their flaws. Anyone giving too much praise puts my back up for a start, I’m far more likely to trust someone who takes the p. 

For me most important thing is a proper sense of humour and the ability to grasp shades of grey (not 50 though, too spicy for my taste). We’ve all got our pros and cons. 

The majority Of women would stay in loveless marriages when their financial needs are taken care of their partners have perfect health.

Taking one or two of them away is a real test of resolve.

The censor on here is wild.

1 hour ago, captainb said:

"We don’t go to cricket Test matches now, too many ******ing niggers about"

"I find the state of the nation quite terrifying. In 10 years' time we shall all be cowering under our beds as hordes of blacks steal anything they can lay their hands on."

And yet, it is 2020. Have you seen any news recently?

53 minutes ago, longgone said:

The majority Of women would stay in loveless marriages when their financial needs are taken care of their partners have perfect health.

Taking one or two of them away is a real test of resolve.

Women generally stay once there are kids, even if the kids are watching them get beaten black and blue, because they don’t have a job or money, so nowhere to go. If houses didn’t cost a ridiculous amounts we might see more freedom to leave bad relationships. 

Kids trap women as much as men. 

4 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

It’s not all luck - you choose who to marry, not pick them out of a hat, and whether the marriage works is down to both people contributing to the partnership, and that includes yourself

29 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

It’s not all luck - you choose who to marry, not pick them out of a hat, and whether the marriage works is down to both people contributing to the partnership, and that includes yourself

I would agree - the upper classes have been doing that for centuries 

There has also got to be some pragmatism - none of that sounding like a 9 year old - I can never tell a fib. 

Tell me no secrets, tell me some lies
Give me no reasons, give me alibies
Tell me you love me and don't let me cry
Say anything but don't say goodbye’

Edited by GregBowman