House Price Crash Forum

A vote for Tory is a vote for house price rises

HOLA441

Simple as that. They dwell deep within the developers’ pockets, like hardy balls of pinstripe lint.

Developers PM backed when London mayor give almost £1m to Tories

Want a prime piece of land? Tory donation and it’s yours.

Want to avoid building social housing? Tory donation and you can cross it off the to do list.

Want to get planning approval when the council turns you down? Tory bung and Bojo’s yer uncle.

The leaders are corrupt. They’re rigging the game. And still people locked out of the housing market come on here and defend them. :D 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
13 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Simple as that. They dwell deep within the developers’ pockets, like hardy balls of pinstripe lint.

Developers PM backed when London mayor give almost £1m to Tories

Want a prime piece of land? Tory donation and it’s yours.

Want to avoid building social housing? Tory donation and you can cross it off the to do list.

Want to get planning approval when the council turns you down? Tory bung and Bojo’s yer uncle.

The leaders are corrupt. They’re rigging the game. And still people locked out of the housing market come on here and defend them. :D 

Mate, not sure if you know this, but the election is over...6 months ago.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
54 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Both parties are commuted to HPI forever and have been for 20 odd years

Corbyn and McDonnell's Labour didn't seem particularly committed to HPI and the financial sector it supports, probably this is why the Establishment attacked them so relentlessly.

HOLA448
11 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Both parties are 2 sides of same coin. We need new 3rd political force with new leadership. If Starmer wins, he will also allow HPI as the UK economy is now dependent on HPI with no manufacturing jobs.

+1

Just now, Dorkins said:

Corbyn and McDonnell's Labour didn't seem particularly committed to HPI and the financial sector it supports, probably this is why the Establishment attacked them so relentlessly.

They supported HTB and wanted to increase immigration and housing benefit.

I don't think they were attacked relentlessly the BBC didn't even report Naz Shah's comments about raped girls not going to the police.  I think if she had been a UKIP member's hairdresser saying something like that it would have been reported (an exaggeration but not much).

HOLA449
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Exactly under the last Labour government house prices quadrupled - from affordable even in London to those on an average wage - to unaffordable across much of the country. Buy to let landlord numbers rose ten fold - pre 1997 buy to let was what you did at your local bathroom store!

Blair and Brown also delivered fewer new council houses in 13 years than even Mrs Thatcher managed in just one! And she wasn’t even trying.

The thought that a party which is run by an MP from Camden is ever going to deliver lower house prices either voluntarily is just laughable!

I know many newer posters on year are a bit young to remember the last Labour government but their housing policies totally destroyed the chances of millions of young people ever owning a home today.

Not saying the Tories are any better but even Corbyn backed help to buy!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
4 hours ago, Simhadri said:

Both parties are 2 sides of same coin. We need new 3rd political force with new leadership. If Starmer wins, he will also allow HPI as the UK economy is now dependent on HPI with no manufacturing jobs.

We need proportional representation at Westminster.  

The two party system is a colossal  failure if you look at the last 20 years.

Something has to change.  A whole generation are being f*cked over and it's not nice. (come to think of it most people don't know how badly they are being f*cked over and just go with the flow of debt slavery/high house prices etc)

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4412
11 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

So they are beyond scrutiny?

Seems like it.

Property Developers Fund Tories 2010 election victory.

Then they bring in Help to Buy and FLS/Term Funding and developers make a fortune.

How can this even be considered allowable ?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
6 hours ago, Warlord said:

We need proportional representation at Westminster.  

The two party system is a colossal  failure if you look at the last 20 years.

Something has to change.  A whole generation are being f*cked over and it's not nice. (come to think of it most people don't know how badly they are being f*cked over and just go with the flow of debt slavery/high house prices etc)

Very true, although sadly when it comes to housing, all parties are rubbish.  IIRC there was one UKIP councilor who said HTB is a bad idea.  To be honest the problem is the people - most people like HPI.

HOLA4415
11 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Exactly under the last Labour government house prices quadrupled - from affordable even in London to those on an average wage - to unaffordable across much of the country. Buy to let landlord numbers rose ten fold - pre 1997 buy to let was what you did at your local bathroom store!

Blair and Brown also delivered fewer new council houses in 13 years than even Mrs Thatcher managed in just one! And she wasn’t even trying.

The thought that a party which is run by an MP from Camden is ever going to deliver lower house prices either voluntarily is just laughable!

I know many newer posters on year are a bit young to remember the last Labour government but their housing policies totally destroyed the chances of millions of young people ever owning a home today.

Very true - the difference between most Tories voters and Labour voters on this board.  Is that Tory voters don't think that the Tories will fix things, that just thing Labour are even worse.  Labour voters seem to think that despite 97-2010 - Labour want cheap housing!

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Very true, although sadly when it comes to housing, all parties are rubbish.  IIRC there was one UKIP councilor who said HTB is a bad idea.  To be honest the problem is the people - most people like HPI.

I think its only over the last 20 years. What will people think when their trapped in -ve equity ?

I think we're about to see a serious correction and that includes in  peoples attitude to property...

HOLA4417

Corbyn as continuity Blair? Absurd.

The centrepiece of the 2019 Labour manifesto was a promise to build more social housing than at any time since the 1940s!

Like so many on here, you were given an opportunity to vote for real change but threw it away.

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

The centrepiece of the 2019 Labour manifesto was a promise to build more social housing than at any time since the 1940s!

Like so many on here, you were given an opportunity to vote for real change but threw it away.

Turns out the torys spent like Corbyn's manifesto but just on their mates assets to keep the stock up and flying.

No more council Houses.

HOLA4419
12 hours ago, Warlord said:

Yes 

12 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:
12 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

Mate, not sure if you know this, but the election is over...6 months ago.

So they are beyond scrutiny?

There is no election for 4.5 years - they have  a huge majority - no point whinging about it 

11 hours ago, Dorkins said:

That wasn't the last ever election mate, there's another one coming. Tick tock.

In 4.5 years

11 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

They supported HTB and wanted to increase immigration and housing benefit.

I don't think they were attacked relentlessly the BBC didn't even report Naz Shah's comments about raped girls not going to the police.  I think if she had been a UKIP member's hairdresser saying something like that it would have been reported (an exaggeration but not much).

Nor was the anti-Semitism in the party mentioned much or the fact that Corbyn has given support to terrorist groups such as the IRA Hamas and Hezbollah.  The fact that he said the terrorist killed at London Bridge should have been arrested when no one knew what weapons or bombs he may have had rather than killed.

·         The Labour voters do not understand the basic concept of supply and demand.  The uncontrolled migration allowed by Blair hugely increased the demand for housing.        

·         The 3 M EU migrants increased rents hugely in areas they gravitated to.  It attracted people who would otherwise never have bought a BTL as they saw a huge rental market/income. It attracted buyers therefore to but homes that would normally have been bought by FTB who would otherwise not have been in the market increasing process.  The deluge on people increased rents.

I feel for people who cannot afford to buy a home but for those who espouse mass migration and then compIain about high property prices/rents I  have zero sympathy.

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

It's funny to watch the cogs starting to turn in the heads of 2019 Boris voters that maybe choosing the pro-banker swamp dweller wasn't the right choice if what you wanted was a shakeup of the economic system to give working stiffs a chance.

"But but but I'm an independent thinker voting against the elite!" they cried as they put an X in the box next to the Conservative (clue's in the name guys) candidate whose leader proudly proclaimed that nobody had defended the bankers more than he did.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

He was too radical and would never get elected.Also he would destroy the country perhaps a little faster than the current lot

Voters didn't really have much choice in that election . it was a case of the lesser of two evils .

HOLA4422
5 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

It's funny to watch the cogs starting to turn in the heads of 2019 Boris voters that maybe choosing the pro-banker swamp dweller wasn't the right choice if what you wanted was a shakeup of the economic system to give working stiffs a chance.

Years of anxiety over whether Brexit would be honoured or not, was enough for many to vote in that direction. 

Also, lets not forget that Labour had lost the core working voter a long long time ago https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/23/labour-has-finally-admitted-it-lost-the-working-class/

From the above article: 

‘The institutional and cultural bonds that linked many voters to Labour have become weaker and weaker over time. From the loss of local Labour clubs to declining trade-union membership, Labour has lost many of the institutional roots it had within communities, resulting in disconnection.‘

Combined with "Corbyn = Communism" throughout the whole of the media, is it any real shock 2019 turned out the way it did?  

(we end up with Corbyn policies anyway!!)

Edited by blackhole

HOLA4423
8 minutes ago, blackhole said:

Years of anxiety over whether Brexit would be honoured or not, was enough for many to vote in that direction. 

Also, lets not forget that Labour had lost the core working voter a long long time ago https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/23/labour-has-finally-admitted-it-lost-the-working-class/

Combined with "Corbyn = Communism" throughout the whole of the media, is it any real shock 2019 turned out the way it did?

Whenever I see "working class voter" my bovine excreta detector starts flashing red. Usually they are basing this on education levels, and because people born in the 1930s-50s generally left education earlier than more recent generations "working class" usually just means "old". I know people in their late 30s with degrees who work in retail for NMW while their pensioner parents who left school at 15 are comfortable homeowners in southern England. Is the 30something who is scraping by middle class while their asset-rich parents are working class? It's a ridiculous definition.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Whenever I see "working class voter" my bovine excreta detector starts flashing red. Usually they are basing this on education levels, and because people born in the 1930s-50s generally left education earlier than more recent generations "working class" usually just means "old". I know people in their late 30s with degrees who work in retail for NMW while their pensioner parents who left school at 15 are comfortable homeowners in southern England. Is the 30something who is scraping by middle class while their asset-rich parents are working class? It's a ridiculous definition.

Yes, many refuse to admit there's an age based ponzi scheme in action here.  

HOLA4425

The leaders are corrupt. They’re rigging the game. And still people locked out of the housing market come on here and defend them.

Much as I despise the current administration for being both corrupt and inept, I don't believe the Labour lot would be any better.

When people used to tell me that Spain has a lot of corruption (it does) I always told them that they were amateurs compared to the UK. I once worked as an IT contractor for different places in various UK sectors - the amount of sleaze you'd always discover within weeks took the breath away. Thank God I never worked in the charity sector, as it makes my blood boil to think of those at the top creaming off giant exec fees, whilst the charity shop workers are expected to work for nothing.