Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Zombie Apocalypse 2020 - Zombie Economies About To Go Insolvent!!


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

This Autumn, many Western countries are going to go bankrupt.  The Western economic system is on the brink of total collapse.

Many economists now think that the end has arrived and that it has been a long time in the oven.

Get ready!!!

I agree.  People are underestimating what is coming.  I do feel for the children/teens, this is their future and they will be living with the economic damage for years to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The communist dream was always to drive the country into bankruptcy so they could take over with a dictatorship. 

Won't happen in England though. 

And no one wants communism anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

The communist dream was always to drive the country into bankruptcy so they could take over with a dictatorship. 

Won't happen in England though. 

And no one wants communism anyway. 

Yeah it won't happen but we'll just have decades of moaning about the state of public services because there's no money for them! 

Edited by Warlord
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

The communist dream was always to drive the country into bankruptcy so they could take over with a dictatorship. 

Won't happen in England though. 

And no one wants communism anyway. 

Scotland?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

The communist dream was always to drive the country into bankruptcy so they could take over with a dictatorship. 

Won't happen in England though. 

And no one wants communism anyway. 

What do you mean it won’t happen in England...it already has. Sunak is paying for half the country to sit round and watch Netflix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shlomo said:

The amount of beggars on the street is much higher than normal, and these are not the alchos looking for money for beer

I think this is gonna be one of the hardest Xmas since WW2

Camden Town yesterday night around midnight was a ghost town. I wasn’t around in the 70s, but I’ve been told cities would look like this back then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neapolitan said:

Camden Town yesterday night around midnight was a ghost town. I wasn’t around in the 70s, but I’ve been told cities would look like this back then. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neapolitan said:

Camden Town yesterday night around midnight was a ghost town. I wasn’t around in the 70s, but I’ve been told cities would look like this back then. 

Lets see what its like next Saturday night when the pubs and bars and restaurants open for indoor dining. I agree central London is generally deserted due to the supposed public transport restrictions. The tube is empty outside peak hours on weekdays. And the Square mile is a ghost town - beyond the odd Supermarket and the big M&S stores virtually every shop and cafe in the city shuts at 2pm. By 4pm its almost impossible even to buy a coffee in the City! 

Edited by MARTINX9
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Lets see what its like next Saturday night when the pubs and bars and restaurants open for indoor dining. I agree central London is generally deserted due to the supposed public transport restrictions. The tube is empty outside peak hours on weekdays. And the Square mile is a ghost town - beyond the odd Supermarket and the big M&S stores virtually every shop and cafe in the city shuts at 2pm. By 4pm its almost impossible even to buy a coffee in the City! 

I don’t think so. Around St Paul’s plenty of pubs, restaurants and coffee shop remain open well into the dark. Also there are several clubs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Neapolitan said:

Camden Town yesterday night around midnight was a ghost town. I wasn’t around in the 70s, but I’ve been told cities would look like this back then. 

Camden needs the tourists before it gets busy again. Head a bit west (Kilburn or maybe Harlesden) and the streets are packed with shoppers and folk collecting take-outs. Ok, nowhere (outside of the block parties) is that busy at night, but as mentioned that will change from July 4.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neapolitan said:

I don’t think so. Around St Paul’s plenty of pubs, restaurants and coffee shop remain open well into the dark. Also there are several clubs 

Well I agree you do have a small cluster around that One New Change shopping centre at St Pauls but Moorgate, Cannon Street, Bank etc are all pretty deserted post 6pm even later in the week - and there are a couple of clubs and bars in the centre that may get busy from next week.

The Coop next to St Pauls station finally opened this week after being shut since late March but many other places remain closed which would have previously been open until 8 or 9pm. They and Sainsburys shut pretty much all their small stores in the City at lockdown - Tesco oddly never closed any.

Still the Zombie apocalypse sounds like it may cause some more excitement in the evenings.

Edited by MARTINX9
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

What do you mean it won’t happen in England...it already has. Sunak is paying for half the country to sit round and watch Netflix.

Can't create jobs that can't do, or don't exist......some existing paid jobs are as good as watching TV....others are worth twice the amount are being paid .......a job is only buying someones time to do something, or do nothing......can't force people to buy a TV service, like can't force someone to buy anything.....grow a carrot, you made yourself, you can always eat it if nobody will buy it.....something useful, something that many paid jobs are not, someone is paid to break it, for someone else paid to mend it....two jobs when it could have been none.;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trampa501 said:

Camden needs the tourists before it gets busy again. Head a bit west (Kilburn or maybe Harlesden) and the streets are packed with shoppers and folk collecting take-outs. Ok, nowhere (outside of the block parties) is that busy at night, but as mentioned that will change from July 4.

 

Yes, tourists, visitors and office workers make up the numbers.....the numbers that are willing and able to spend into the economy.....still no night clubs, gigs or theater.;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, winkie said:

Can't create jobs that can't do, or don't exist......some existing paid jobs are as good as watching TV....others are worth twice the amount are being paid .......a job is only buying someones time to do something, or do nothing......can't force people to buy a TV service, like can't force someone to buy anything.....grow a carrot, you made yourself, you can always eat it if nobody will buy it.....something useful, something that many paid jobs are not, someone is paid to break it, for someone else paid to mend it....two jobs when it could have been none.;)

Exactly right. There is no point producing stuff people do not want. Usually I'd argue that firms producing unwanted goods and services should be allowed to go bust, new business taking their place. But when we've reached this stage I don't see much point. The economy is so out of alignment the correction would be just too brutal. It would be like crashing into a brick wall to avoid going over a cliff.

Instead I feel it's better to concentrate on how what remains of the countries capital is going to be wasted. Currently the plan is to create work. Pay people to walk round in circles,  build roads that nobody will ever use and so on. Instead why not give everyone who owns a house a home improvement grant? Say twenty thousand pounds each for everyone who owns a house. That would keep the housing bubble going. It could be used to drive up house prices by twenty grand, saving bank's balance sheets. Boomers would love it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Schiff makes a good point in that if you're a company and you take the government schilling you're effectively dooming the future of the business because it comes with strings like anything from the government including social dictates and 'no sacking' policies.

So the firms that are taking these loans are making themselves uncompetitive because they're burdening themselves with more debt and whatever strings are attached.

The banks are definite Zombies in this country. Barclays declined to take a gov't bailout last time round (2008) because they didn't want to become a Zombie bank I guess that was a smart decision 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Biggus said:

Exactly right. There is no point producing stuff people do not want. Usually I'd argue that firms producing unwanted goods and services should be allowed to go bust, new business taking their place. But when we've reached this stage I don't see much point. The economy is so out of alignment the correction would be just too brutal. It would be like crashing into a brick wall to avoid going over a cliff.

Instead I feel it's better to concentrate on how what remains of the countries capital is going to be wasted. Currently the plan is to create work. Pay people to walk round in circles,  build roads that nobody will ever use and so on. Instead why not give everyone who owns a house a home improvement grant? Say twenty thousand pounds each for everyone who owns a house. That would keep the housing bubble going. It could be used to drive up house prices by twenty grand, saving bank's balance sheets. Boomers would love it.

 

Not a good idea since so many now who live somewhere do not own it......already many business landlords have got the benefit of government grants, not the business renters the ones that produce something.

No home owner needs a HI grant, if they want it they can remortgage, debt rent now costs next to nothing....

......for the rest, if not repaying the debt will be forever renting the debt from the lender.

The problem with improving the infrastructure we will use or rent to use, that is how they would prefer it, see the customers never will own it....toll roads and rent a car to get from a to b is everything takes so long and costs so much.......the longer it takes the more money is earned, make the jobs and income last for a few more months/years longer.....drag it out a bit longer.

How many public inquires do we do because mistakes were made somewhere.....mistakes create jobs, jobs to put it right, and jobs to find out why it went wrong......do we ever learn anything?.....or repeat the same mistakes again?;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it's non jobs forever, as the people need to "earn money" to pay back their debt.

What a nonsense system.  Best just let the people print their own money to pay back their debt and forget about the non job all together.

 

This is Western Capitalism in 2020.............lol.................Fecking pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

This is Western Capitalism in 2020.............lol.................Fecking pathetic.

When you ship all the real jobs overseas to make the 'elite' richer, you soon find that there are only non-jobs left.

The solution is to remove the 'elite' and bring the real jobs back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, shlomo said:

The amount of beggars on the street is much higher than normal, and these are not the alchos looking for money for beer

True. Since mid March I've twice been approached by obvious prostitutes in broad daylight, and nowhere near the red light district. One was randomly walking up to every car stopped at red lights, and looked, delirious and desperate. It was really shocking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 417 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.