House Price Crash Forum

Did the Shadow Banking system collapse in 2019 &  VIs try to Cover it with Covid / Money Printing?

HOLA441
12 hours ago, scottbeard said:

If I were enjoying the lifestyle of the 1%, the very last thing I'd want to do is kick off some massive global event whose outcome I could not predict with certainty, when I could just carry on creaming off a life of luxury indefinitely maintaining the pre-COVID status quo.

These people are psychopaths. They can never have enough.

Their plan was to complete looting the West, then destroy it and move to China. But Xi doesn't want them to do to his country what they've done to ours, so they're stuck in the West that they've destroyed while Trump and other nationalist leaders are doing their best to force them out into the open.

Chinese Flu offered them the chance to force Xi out of power in China and Trump out of power in the US. Of course they'd take that chance rather than risk being strung up from a lamp-post.

Besides, Trump wasn't supposed to win. I'm guessing this was planned years ago to give Clinton an excuse to round up anyone who opposed her, and just repurposed when she lost.

Edited by MarkG

HOLA442
17 hours ago, scottbeard said:

If I were enjoying the lifestyle of the 1%, the very last thing I'd want to do is kick off some massive global event whose outcome I could not predict with certainty, when I could just carry on creaming off a life of luxury indefinitely maintaining the pre-COVID status quo.

If you've already won a life of luxury, why put all your money on red and roll again?

It makes no sense that this COVID crisis is by design, just as the 07/08 crisis was not by design.

I agree that they may seek to use the crisis to their advantage, it's your idea that it was "premeditated" that I disagree with.

Yes, agree on this.

The goal is always to get more chips on the table. Without chips, the gamblers won’t play.

What I’ve never really worked out is what stops the money flowing in the first place, as I don’t think it is just the elite hoard cash, after all it does go back to the market.  I guess it is more that there are too many outstanding contracts, collateralisations and debts holding up the top tiers. It just needs one part of the house of cards to fail to bring the whole thing down.

By printing, money can be borrowed, paid out and the whole artificial edifice keeps going.

If they don’t print, those at the top can’t keep on winning and if the economy shrinks. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA443
HOLA444
6 hours ago, MarkG said:

These people are psychopaths. They can never have enough.

Their plan was to complete looting the West, then destroy it and move to China. But Xi doesn't want them to do to his country what they've done to ours, so they're stuck in the West that they've destroyed while Trump and other nationalist leaders are doing their best to force them out into the open.

Chinese Flu offered them the chance to force Xi out of power in China and Trump out of power in the US. Of course they'd take that chance rather than risk being strung up from a lamp-post.

Besides, Trump wasn't supposed to win. I'm guessing this was planned years ago to give Clinton an excuse to round up anyone who opposed her, and just repurposed when she lost.

You're on the Eastbound District Line, son. And you're already way past Barking.

1992035_163cf9e8.jpg

HOLA445
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

The pro-mask argument has become very compelling, which is why UK gov changed its mind on the issue.

The NYC experience is they had little effect based on this graph but maybe they are more effective in the very easy stages...too late now either way. In the UK it has the hallmarks of wanting to appear to be doing something while offloading that responsibility (blame) to individuals.

https://images.app.goo.gl/CkyC2CrcHJa9aCHg7

Ps who is going to fall into the trap of looking at the poorly drawn y=Mx+c slopes?

HOLA446
5 minutes ago, nightowl said:

The NYC experience is they had little effect based on this graph but maybe they are more effective in the very easy stages...too late now either way. In the UK it has the hallmarks of wanting to appear to be doing something while offloading that responsibility (blame) to individuals.

https://images.app.goo.gl/CkyC2CrcHJa9aCHg7

Ps who is going to fall into the trap of looking at the poorly drawn y=Mx+c slopes?

There's an abundance of empirical evidence from the rest of the world that mask wearing helps. Taleb makes the nonlinear statistical argument here:

https://remarkboard.com/m/nassim-taleb-masks-matter-here-s-the-model/1eqlcu2npvymu

“There is no evidence that masks work”, I kept hearing repeated to me by the usual idiots calling themselves “evidence based” scientists. The point is that there is no evidence that locking the door tonight will prevent me from being burglarized. But everything that may block transmission could help. Unlike school, real life is not about certainties. When in doubt, use what protection you can. Some invoked the flawed rationalization that masks induce false confidence: in fact there is a strong argument that masks makes one more alert to the risks and more conservative in behavior.

Paternalistic bureaucrats resisted inviting the general public to use masks on grounds that the supply was limited and would be needed by health professionals — hence they lied to us saying “masks are not effective”. They did not get the inventiveness and industriousness of people who do not need a government to produce masks for them: they can rapidly convert about anything into well-functioning protective face covering appendages, say rags into which one can stitch coffee filters… about anything. Nor did bureaucrats heed the notion of markets and the existence of opportunists who can supply people with what they want.

Many people who deal with statistics think in terms of either mechanistic concepts (say correlation) they don’t quite understand, or local results; they fear to be presenting “anecdotes”, and fail to grasp the broader notion of statistical signals where you look at the whole story, not the body parts. For here, again, evidence compounds. We have a) the salon story where two infected stylists failed to infect all their 140 clients (making the probability of infection for bilateral mask wearing safely below 1% for a salon-style exposure) — we know the probability of infection for non mask wearers from tens of thousands of data points and the various R0 estimations) plus b) the rate of infection of countries where masks were mandatory, plus c) tons of papers with more or less flawed methodologies, etc.

HOLA447
13 hours ago, zugzwang said:

There's an abundance of empirical evidence from the rest of the world that mask wearing helps. Taleb makes the nonlinear statistical argument here:

https://remarkboard.com/m/nassim-taleb-masks-matter-here-s-the-model/1eqlcu2npvymu

The early video of Johnson & Jenny (Harries) chewing the fat about masks is currently doing the rounds .

Prime Minister Johnson: "You see face masks all around the place. Is there any point to that?"

Deputy CMO Harries OBE: "If a healthcare professional hasn't advised you to wear a mask, it's usually quite a bad idea."

She then goes on to say that large gatherings arent big infection vectors.

HOLA448
On 30/06/2020 at 01:08, zugzwang said:

You're on the Eastbound District Line, son. And you're already way past Barking.

So why do you think the 'elite' have been shipping the West's wealth to China for decades? What possible reason could they have to do so if they intended to remain in the now-impoverished West?

HOLA449
6 hours ago, MarkG said:

So why do you think the 'elite' have been shipping the West's wealth to China for decades? What possible reason could they have to do so if they intended to remain in the now-impoverished West?

The banksters are richer than ever with their enormous homes in the Hamptons and their million pound condos in London, Monaco and Sydney. Globalisation and the rentier economy has been enormously profitable for them. They're not going anywhere, least of all China.

HOLA4410
On 29/06/2020 at 13:16, scottbeard said:

If you've already won a life of luxury, why put all your money on red and roll again?

It makes no sense that this COVID crisis is by design, just as the 07/08 crisis was not by design.

I agree that they may seek to use the crisis to their advantage, it's your idea that it was "premeditated" that I disagree with.

Absolutely correct. But once you have determined, without firm evidence, that the world is entirely controlled behind the scenes by malignant forces, everything will fit the conspiracy. Lacking real evidence, there is always a blank page on which to write the latest bit of narrative. 

HOLA4411

I think there are 2 possible answers -

1) When Covid first appeared - the Government said there was something about it, that they weren't prepared to discuss at the time, but it will be revealed at some future date. I heard it once in the news, never since and everyone seems to have missed this potentially crucial point. It's obvious to me this escaped from the Wuhan level 4 lab. What are the odds the Wet Market is right next to a level 4 lab... Occam's Razor! Dr Luc Montagnier - the man who discovered the HIV virus back in 1983 has clearly stated the HIV sequence can only be produced in a lab. "No," says Luc Montagnier, "in order to insert an HIV sequence into this genome, molecular tools are needed, and that can only be done in a laboratory." The below video is very interesting, but I wonder if the government panicked because they knew the virus wasn't natural...

2) The other option is Covid happened and they capitalised on it as an excuse to "try" and inflate their way out of the second wall of the storm. We have been in the eye of the hurricane for 10 years... Never let a good crisis go to waste... The timing is a little too coincidental.