House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
murpaul

Another Overdebted Idiot

It looks quite space-ious.

He's just ahead of his time. In the future, we'll all live in holo-decks, and won't have to worry about how big or small the flat is in the real world... or whether your wife leaves you because you're a Trekkie with too many credit cards.

I like the bit where the sun says...

He may have to sell his pad...

How the f..k is he going to get to keep it?? He only owes £166,000

Man, these stories do depress me whne people can get £100,000 on credit cards for no reason!

LOL!!!!!

Love to see the agents description of Dunwarpin.

He took out two huge loans and ran up debts of over £100,000 on 14 credit cards marketing his idea and paying for the merchandise.

Financial innovation at its best. Meanwhile companies are going to wall being charged excessive interest by banks because of their shite lending policies. The banks are destroying our economy, make no mistake.

I want to see the baliffs itemised list and how they derive prices for objects being removed from his house.

problem is he cant claim not to of had things in his house when photos are plastered all over websites ;-))

I like the bit where the sun says...

He may have to sell his pad...

Yeah, I can see a slight problem there, so he went bankrupt because nobody wanted to live in space-age pads... so to pay off his debts he needs to sell his space-age pad. :unsure:

The ferengi (?) are going to be all over his ass.

Edited by BuyingBear

I'll bet he's single!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

Well he is now :-

"Tony, who split from his wife Georgina after he replaced their fridge with a “warp coil” said: “I was convinced Trekkies all over the world would want a house like mine and pay me to do it."

Guest horace

I`m not surprized his wife left.

How Tony expected her to wear a `warp coil` is beyond me.

horace.

I`m not surprized his wife left.

How Tony expected her to wear a `warp coil` is beyond me.

horace.

Quite surprised he had a wife at all. Can you imagine it?

"Nice cup of tea dear?"

"Thank you number one, make it so."

I think you're being a bit mean actually. OK, so he's trekkie who's clearly gone of the deep end, BUT it's pretty obvious that he has some talent as well. It's a shame though that he's a one trick pony, obsessed with a show that has just been cancelled. At another time, with a broader range, and with more business sense, he might've made a fortune - how many 'themed' venues are there out there? Also. have you any idea how many home cinema fans have done this sort of thing, or more importantly, paid a small fortune for someone to do it for them?

eg

http://www.avone.net/AV1_home_theaterE.html

I'm amazed he managed to do the conversion for just £12,000. Personally I think it was a good idea that was badly, or at least wastefully, marketed. There are trekkies out there who would love something like that. Rather than employing expensive promotions people he should have advertised in trekkie club magazines and on web sites and raised awareness via trekkie message boards. One of my female colleages is such a Star Wars fan that she had her surname changed by deed-poll to 'Kenobi', who I know isn't a Star Trek character, but it proves how far people who are into this type of thing will go... so there obviously is a market for his ideas, just not where his expensive promotions people were looking. It's quite sad really. I hope he finds his feet and has another go at it, next time throwing less money but more thought at it.

Edited by Bingley Bloke

100k of bad debt on CC I found astounding. Shows the lack of credit checks the companies have in issuing the cards.

Guest Bart of Darkness

I'll bet he's single!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

I remember seeing this story a while back (he was even on TV). One paper ended with the classic line "it seems his wife left him for an earth man".

(I think it was when he asked her to chew his food for him, Ferengi style, that was the last straw.)

Now as a dyed in the wool trekkie going back to the early 70s, I'm surprised he didn't sell. There are usually plenty of (single) fans with more money than sense, although apparently not that much money it seems.

In the era of Star Trek, money is supposed to be extinct, nobody (in the Federation) has any. Maybe he's aiming for 100% authenticity by going bust?

"Earl Grey. Hot", surely?

Best line of the day. Superb. :lol:

Edited by Bart of Darkness