House Price Crash Forum

Calls For Jenrick To Resign Over Cash For Favours

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/thursday-briefing-robert-jenrick-faces-calls-to-resign

Boris and the gang and sticking up for this idiot too.  Cummings still hanging around like a bad smell in the background.

The Tories are losing support every day, yet Boris keeps on lying.......lol.

Edited by Social Justice League

Looking at what purports to be the latest opinion polls just now it is the approval rating, currently 32%, rather than the voting intention which is dropping.

The Tories % in front of Labour was minimum 3%, it has been lower. They are ahead in every poll I saw listed.

Starmer's approval and disapproval ratings have both risen. 

This looks to me like a public deeply and increasingly dissatisfied with HMG but which recognises a viable replacement as being a long way off.

It is a shame really when people with friends in high places have an advantage over others, when power and influence is seen to rule over fairness and democracy......has always happened of course, but is becoming more the norm lately or is it because it has shown itself to be front page news......it is only right there are still those who do not turn a blind eye and want truth, transparency and answers.....we will then make our own minds up......and vote accordingly when the time comes.?

Edited by winkie

So maybe this thread gets merged with the Cummings thread into a ‘Is the government ‘officially’ corrupt now’ thread lol.

And anybody who wants a home can feck off ;)

Ok, let’s say a petition puts enough pressure on Johnson to sack him. He’ll just be replaced with another groomed puppet with an ‘insert donations here’ slot. Will he have to pay the £40m he helped his donor avoid? Or, will he be given a six figure job at the donor’s company for his services?

The whole system is corrupt. Who was the last untainted politician? Perikles?

4 hours ago, winkie said:

It is a shame really when people with friends in high places have an advantage over others, when power and influence is seen to rule over fairness and democracy......has always happened of course, but is becoming more the norm lately or is it because it has shown itself to be front page news......it is only right there are still those who do not turn a blind eye and want truth, transparency and answers.....we will then make our own minds up......and vote accordingly when the time comes.?

Its the refusal to sack or resign thats the difference.

23 minutes ago, pig said:

Its the refusal to sack or resign thats the difference.

......look on it as, need all the support can get, a good loyal supporter can often do no wrong.....when it should be what good do they do, why, and for who?......when people know they can get away with anything they continue doing anything....no consequences to the actions they take.;)

9 minutes ago, ForGreatLager... said:

But vote for who? Who actually represents the people? I don’t know anyone who votes ‘for’ a party; they just vote against the worst option. 

Early days, wait and see....watch what they do, are they working for you?;)

27 minutes ago, winkie said:

...when people know they can get away with anything they continue doing anything....no consequences to the actions they take.;)

And that’s a problem in wider society too; no shame and no consequences anymore. I remember when people used to be embarrassed about not being able to handle their drink! Now, it seems it’s perfectly acceptable to get hammered and laugh while filming other people sliding down the steps of ‘spoons on a slick of your own vomit! 

29 minutes ago, winkie said:

Early days, wait and see....watch what they do, are they working for you?;)

I have been watching what they do, that’s why I’m so jaded. ? 

You could not make this stuff up. It's like he's trying to do as many cash for favours as he can! How is still in a job? Someone please tell me!?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/27/robert-jenrick-admits-israeli-billionaire-in-donor-row-is-family-friend

Robert Jenrick admits Israeli billionaire in donor row is family friend

Y O U    A R E     C O R R U P T    

5 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

You could not make this stuff up. It's like he's trying to do as many cash for favours as he can! How is still in a job? Someone please tell me!?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/27/robert-jenrick-admits-israeli-billionaire-in-donor-row-is-family-friend

Robert Jenrick admits Israeli billionaire in donor row is family friend

Y O U    A R E     C O R R U P T    

I've heard of civil servants/public sector workers getting jail time for similar corruption, eg taking bungs.