House Price Crash Forum

Britons can holiday in France, Spain and Italy from NEXT WEEK

On 25/06/2020 at 04:32, Warlord said:

Britons can holiday in France, Spain and Italy from NEXT WEEK when the government unveils its first 'air bridges' after months of restrictions

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8457279/Britons-holiday-France-Spain-Italy-WEEK.html

AAH @Bruce Banner will be pleased   ... get the wine ready!

I booked and paid for my crossing last week, for early July.

I was only waiting for the ferry company to start operating again, the French reciprocal quarantine being voluntary. If I have a problem on returning to UK, I'll just do a Cummings and give them the ?.

2 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I was only waiting for the ferry company to start operating again, the French reciprocal quarantine being voluntary. If I have a problem on returning to UK, I'll just do a Cummings and give them the ?.

Really hope you and the Mrs.have a nice (and safe)  time after the last 3 months.  i'm slightly envious! 

11 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Which ferry company are you using? We'd like to head there too. I'd prefer the shuttle though.

7 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Which ferry company are you using? We'd like to head there too. I'd prefer the shuttle though.

Brittany Ferries, I'd prefer the shuttle too, but it would add 300 miles to our drive. The ferry is a lot more expensive but much easier.

A flight from the EU to UK three weeks ago was 25 euros......now 240 euros.

It is not only us going there it is others coming here......airlines have been consolidating flights, far fewer flights this summer.....some European countries are very strict with masks and distancing and sanitising....on the spot fines are common, makes people feel safer, shows care and consideration for others.....rules are rules, abide by them....or else.;)

21 minutes ago, winkie said:

A flight from the EU to UK three weeks ago was 25 euros......now 240 euros.

It is not only us going there it is others coming here......airlines have been consolidating flights, far fewer flights this summer.....some European countries are very strict with masks and distancing and sanitising....on the spot fines are common, makes people feel safer, shows care and consideration for others.....rules are rules, abide by them....or else.;)

and when flights are at full capacity what difference does that make ?

As long as those on the flight are healthy, temperature checks, each person tries to keep their own distance, all have masks on, no eating or drinking, use sanitiser and disinfect area around......the risk will imo be less, or no different than some work spaces or shop or bar or restaurant spaces......those that want risk free, stay at home, for others life goes on.....?

Would tend to agree but the same selfish prats wont be quarantined when they come back. None of accounts for the asymptomatic ones and lastly the airlines are lying out their ass.

All because a few snowflakes can't do a bit of home based bird.

2 hours ago, longgone said:

Would tend to agree but the same selfish prats wont be quarantined when they come back. None of accounts for the asymptomatic ones and lastly the airlines are lying out their ass.

All because a few snowflakes can't do a bit of home based bird.

What's good for Cummings is good for the rest of us.

On 26/06/2020 at 23:08, longgone said:

They must be mad letting a load of infected British aholes in.

Discipline.....you don't mess with the civil guard.....popular beaches sectioned off to allow for safe distancing, when it is full= no entry.;)

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

They have been. Our daughter's just got back from a week or two in France. No problems there, now in UK enforced home quarantine.

I mean a 14 quarantine will be required. Which is sensible.

48 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

I mean a 14 quarantine will be required. Which is sensible.

Find out tomorrow, zero days or 14 days......what is 14 days for some who up until yesterday been 100 days.?

1 hour ago, winkie said:

Find out tomorrow, zero days or 14 days......what is 14 days for some who up until yesterday been 100 days.?

If you're talking about the "vulnerable/screened", it was always voluntary.

As we're off for a month or two, the rules for entering the UK are not of much concern as they'll probably have changed by then.

If UK lift the daft 14 day quarantine, the French will probably do likewise, but that's voluntary if you have no symptoms.

3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

They have been. Our daughter's just got back from a week or two in France. No problems there, now in UK enforced home quarantine.

How did she travel?

11 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Channel tunnel.

Thanks. We were concerned we'd be stopped on the far side and asked why we were travelling (non essential reason). Annoyingly the thing stopping us going now is the two week quarantine on return.

23 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Thanks. We were concerned we'd be stopped on the far side and asked why we were travelling (non essential reason). Annoyingly the thing stopping us going now is the two week quarantine on return.

You can thank Priti Patel for that.