Mortgage deals being pulled

HOLA441
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
9 hours ago, winkie said:

Your business is your livelyhood, your future.....your house is your ability to obtain shelter for self and family.......lenders are more willing to lend against bricks than against people with good ideas and future prospects.

I think their LTV figures tell their appetite ATM towards house loans. Agreed though less interest in potential business Interests  And more of snatchable housing.

HOLA443
2 hours ago, Switch625 said:

Please tell me with in excess of 6 million people currently on furlough and that with 80% coverage for their pay for up to £2,500 per month covered by the tax payer due to end in August 

There are over NINE MILLIONS furloughed. E’ers start paying 1August...

HOLA444

Apologies Killer B, you are quite right, I forgot the 3 million self-employed, who will also have absolutely no problem finding gainful self employment. In the great utopia that will be the UK's post COVID-19 economy, it is simply inconceivable that all these people won't be able to continue paying their mortgages. Yep, steady as she goes, UK house prices clearly going up, up and away!

HOLA445
3 hours ago, Switch625 said:

Apologies Killer B, you are quite right, I forgot the 3 million self-employed, who will also have absolutely no problem finding gainful self employment. In the great utopia that will be the UK's post COVID-19 economy, it is simply inconceivable that all these people won't be able to continue paying their mortgages. Yep, steady as she goes, UK house prices clearly going up, up and away!

Think about it. Everyone needs a house, the modern economy is housing, they're not building any more land, the govt want it is just the way it is sorry, and savings rates are terrible so buy a house or your a fool and you'll looks stupid.

HOLA446
12 hours ago, Deckard said:

Quite a few trolls and faux bears getting vocal on the boards these days, tells you all you need to know... B)

Looks that way to me.

To be fair to them, they were right in 2008 that the government would do anything to stop house prices collapsing...including destroying the country.  Careful what you wish for,

HOLA447
2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Looks that way to me.

To be fair to them, they were right in 2008 that the government would do anything to stop house prices collapsing...including destroying the country.  Careful what you wish for,

True. But from an economic perspective, the impact is far greater from this crisis. Unemployment will soar and GDP plunge far more than 2008. We have just experiences a QoQ GDP fall of 20%. The pact is staggering. 

The government and BoE will take action to prop up the market, but there are only so many tools in the tool box. The interest rate lever has been nearly fully used. That only leaves QE. Printing money only takes you so far. 

HOLA448

Yes. The will is still clearly there in the same way, because the Tories know they need the votes of the homeowning classes and the priced out generally don't go for them anyway. But the range of devices available to achieve this is not. I believe they'll want to, I feel much less confident that they'll succeed.

HOLA449
1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

The interest rate lever has been nearly fully used.

That only leaves QE. Printing money only takes you so far. 

What does QE have to do with HPs?

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Killer Bunny said:

What does QE have to do with HPs?

QE pushed down prevailing interest rates and means that there is a lot of cash floating around the economy that could potentially be lent out into bond-like assets, like mortgages. The more widely available mortgages are the more likely house prices are to rise. 

HOLA4411

Rates CAN GO NO LOWER effectively.  0.1% to -0.5% is a big fat nothing.  Or 10 year from 0.17% to -0.3%... So what?

I ask again differently - why do HPCers keep banging on about an irrelevance to HPs?

The banks will only lend when they see HPI or are forced to by c bank/govt.

HOLA4412

Make no mistake, a massive HPC will also mean a crash in what your savings are worth. Those only holding cash will unfortunately end up the loser, whilst Chad down the road who had a large mortgage will effectively have been given a free house. You have been warned. Don't make the same mistake you made in 2008.

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, Dreamcasting said:

Make no mistake, a massive HPC will also mean a crash in what your savings are worth. Those only holding cash will unfortunately end up the loser, whilst Chad down the road who had a large mortgage will effectively have been given a free house. You have been warned. Don't make the same mistake you made in 2008.

Eh? ?

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
23 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

I agree ??????.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
5 hours ago, Ah-so said:

True. But from an economic perspective, the impact is far greater from this crisis. Unemployment will soar and GDP plunge far more than 2008. We have just experiences a QoQ GDP fall of 20%. The pact is staggering. 

The government and BoE will take action to prop up the market, but there are only so many tools in the tool box. The interest rate lever has been nearly fully used. That only leaves QE. Printing money only takes you so far. 

Positive rates yes.....negative interest will be the beginning of the end, stealing the hard earned money worked for in the past from savers, a total loss in faith and confidence in the currency......QE, do people realise their wages are being paid with debt?........we need great and good business to turn the borrowed debt into positive growth.....where will the growth come from?;)

HOLA4422
50 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

Apply some thinking outside the box. You'll get it.

Your savings reduce to 0. Chad's mortgage that is also denominated by the same fiat measure is also reduced to 0. 

You think you’re so smart.

NO WAY mortgages will go to 0%. Banks are making practically nothing already. Whatever rates are, mortgages will be higher.

Apply some thinking outside the box.

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Dreamcasting said:

Governments despise people with savings or anyone who is not in debt. They already applied step 1 starting with interest rates at near 0%. Step 2 is mass devaluing of the currency. The cocky over-leveraged will win this round too. 

You are confused, mate.

What are your hyperinflation fears based upon, exactly? What's the theory behind them ?

You are not a goldbug, you said so yourself. You're not predicating a return to the gold standard, but you keep ranting against fiat.

What currency is it you expect to go to zero: just the pound or indeed any other fiat currency on the planet?

Do enlighten us, o mighty thinker outside the box :lol:

Edited by Deckard

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Speed1987 said:

Those with the most amount of debt, who can service it through this storm, in the end will most likely be the biggest winners.

That's what I'm betting on.

"Debt is wealth"

Sure, it's different this time. :rolleyes:

HOLA4425
25 minutes ago, Deckard said:

What are your hyperinflation fears based upon, exactly? What's the theory behind them ?

You are not a goldbug, you said so yourself. You're not predicating a return to the gold standard, but you keep ranting against fiat.

What currency is it you expect to go to zero: just the pound or indeed any other fiat currency on the planet?

I’ll take this one. Not Hyper but SuperInflation by end of decade.

Inflation is highly likely / almost certainly coming due to

Printing for govt spending

Supply destruction all over the show

Soaring crude

Deglobalisation

And falling Sterling Vs most major currencies.

Edited by Killer Bunny