House Price Crash Forum

Is China priming itself for world domination

Now or if not now a time in the future China either seeks domination or by trajectory provokes a response from the current order.

A favourite of Boris Johnson Ibn Khaldun and the Muqaddimah.

"Ibn Khaldun argues that each dynasty (or civilization) has within itself the seeds of its own downfall. He explains that ruling houses tend to emerge on the peripheries of great empires and use the much stronger ʿasabiyya present in those areas to their advantage, in order to bring about a change in leadership. This implies that the new rulers are at first considered "barbarians" by comparison to the old ones. As they establish themselves at the center of their empire, they become increasingly lax, less coordinated, disciplined and watchful, and more concerned with maintaining their new power and lifestyle. The ʿasabiyya, dissolves into factionalism and individualism, diminishing their capacity as a political unit. Thus, conditions are created wherein a new dynasty can emerge at the periphery of their control, grow strong, and effect a change in leadership, beginning the cycle anew. Ibn Khaldun also further states in the Muqaddimah that "dynasties have a natural life span like individuals", and that no dynasty generally lasts beyond three generations of about 40 years each."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asabiyyah

Just look at our British civilisation forged in war and  replacing religion with a Britishness which allowed disparate factions to come together and prolong its lifespan. 

Then decline rolled into successive world wars and subsequent cold war which reforged cohesion/Britishness.  

It now feels as the last of that generation pass on Asabuyya is diminishing and par for the course the younger generations find themselves occupied with factionalism and identity politics. 

China on the other hand is not burdened by colonial regret or identity politics they are the "barbarians on the up" in terms of human rights, race relations and tolerance of faith.

From the outside of China they look cohesive and aggressive but is that the case inside China I do not know.  If I where them I would simply give it time and encourage the divisions.

Why risk bringing people together in war when it could fall apart by itself with a little nudge/money here and there.

If the Khaldunian lifecycle is mostly true then we have had 75 years since the end of the second world war and another 45 years until we collapse/get taken over by a more cohesive aggressive civilisation/dynasty.

Edited by Fromage Frais
6 hours ago, FANG said:

Has this pandemic been a biological attack and with the cyber attack on Austraila. Are we at war or is it coming.

The Chinese would be the first to lose in a biological war. Their ruling elite is probably the easiest group to target with a race specific bio-weapon, and the rest of the oppressed minorities would quickly rise up. 

5 hours ago, Fromage Frais said:

From the outside of China they look cohesive and aggressive but is that the case inside China I do not know.  If I where them I would simply give it time and encourage the divisions.

Indeed, if they want to pick a fight a Han selective bio-weapon would do enough. 

6 hours ago, FANG said:

Has this pandemic been a biological attack and with the cyber attack on Austraila. Are we at war or is it coming.

Yes.  I believe the virus is not accidental.  I believe China‘a aim was to take dominance from the US.  It’s quite possible.

1 hour ago, xxxx said:

Yes.  I believe the virus is not accidental.  I believe China‘a aim was to take dominance from the US.  It’s quite possible.

Or...a double bluff by the west. Who knows; this part of the world of politics is a hall of mirrors.

17 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Or...a double bluff by the west. Who knows; this part of the world of politics is a hall of mirrors.

I don’t think so.  Trump knew that it was intensional, as soon as the virus hit.  He was proud of his Dow Jones and the huge stock market bubble.  Less than 5 months to the re-election.  Coincidence?

1 minute ago, xxxx said:

I don’t think so.  Trump knew that it was intensional, as soon as the virus hit.  He was proud of his Dow Jones and the huge stock market bubble.  Less than 5 months to the re-election.  Coincidence?

Declare state of emergency at election time, reduce rights, force a LONG OVER DUE financial crash??

Cui Bono

8 hours ago, FANG said:

The pandemic has definitely been an attack.  While I can't refute the existence of COVID, I remain to be convinced that it is biological in nature.

It's difficult to tell if we're at war - or not... and, if we are, with whom?

25 minutes ago, A.steve said:

The pandemic has definitely been an attack.  While I can't refute the existence of COVID, I remain to be convinced that it is biological in nature.

1280px-1984mapoftheworld.png

If covid 19 was a deliberate attack, why would china have released it inside it's own territory first? It could have easily released it anywhere else in the world, avoided any blame,  and the unpredictable damage it could have done to its own society? 

During the last century, the world has had far worse pandemics. Economies weren't shut down. There is nothing exceptional about the disease itself. What is exceptional, are countries with fiat currencies carrying unsustainable levels of private debt. Governments were getting ready to print and spend anyway, this was just a convenient pretext. If it wasnt this it would be something else. 

40 minutes ago, A.steve said:

Russia.

3 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Indeed, if they want to pick a fight a Han selective bio-weapon would do enough. 

Wouldn't take them long to copy it being Chinese.

Edited by spacedin
13 minutes ago, nothernsoul said:

If covid 19 was a deliberate attack, why would china have released it inside it's own territory first? It could have easily released it anywhere else in the world, avoided any blame,  and the unpredictable damage it could have done to its own society? 

During the last century, the world has had far worse pandemics. Economies weren't shut down. There is nothing exceptional about the disease itself. What is exceptional, are countries with fiat currencies carrying unsustainable levels of private debt. Governments were getting ready to print and spend anyway, this was just a convenient pretext. If it wasnt this it would be something else. 

China could have quite easily sacrificed some innocent people.  Nobody knows if they infected some deliberately and sent them round the world.

There is nothing exceptional about the virus, it’s been around since last Autumn. I had it myself in March and was fine, apart from a squeezing sensation of my lungs.

China locked down and the world followed.  The lockdown was unnecessary.

16 minutes ago, nothernsoul said:

You have assumed an attack by China - while I was explicit about being unsure about the genuine identity of an "enemy".  Why should we assume an enemy's identity should be easily associated with a national boundry?

I agree that the global financial system is in a problematic place... and I agree that massive government spending could, concievably be a strategy to 'reset' debt by forcing substantial inflation.  I am sceptical about that interpretation... because I don't think pandemic spending is spending on-top of spending that government would have done anyway... More likely, I think it's being spent 'instead' and that budgets for other things will not be spent.

2 minutes ago, xxxx said:

There is nothing exceptional about the virus, it’s been around since last Autumn. I had it myself in March and was fine, apart from a squeezing sensation of my lungs.

What makes you sure you had the exact same specific virus as the one about which the Pandemic was declared?

Edited by A.steve
1 minute ago, xxxx said:

Because Russia and China are pretty tight.  We had Russia war ships off our coast in March.

I can accept that there has been militrary co-operation between China and Russa.  I wasn't aware of a story about Russian war ships - but I'm not sure it is necessarily relevant.  There's a big gap between those observations and asserting an act of war by either country.

It felt like I had a hand squeezing my lungs from the inside.  Very fit and healthy person.  Never ill.  Couldn’t run for a month.  May not have been, highly likely it was.

1 minute ago, xxxx said:

It felt like I had a hand squeezing my lungs from the inside.  Very fit and healthy person.  Never ill.  Couldn’t run for a month.  May not have been, highly likely it was.

Running is over-rated. ?

More seriously - I find it easy to believe you had an unpleasant (viral) illness... but I'm sceptical about the basis on which one may assert that it was the one described in the news.  Your evidence sounds emotively compelling... but... I find myself noting that a significant proportion of people who 'have the offiical virus' are asymptomatic - and that it is only really a threat to elder people and those with other underlying health problems.  You say you're very fit and healthy... if the official description of COVID is accurate - then this does not correlate with your own description.

My experience is that - after seeing saturation news on the subject over a prelonged period - then many people succumbe to conformity... and actively, subconciously, seek confirmatory evidence.

6 hours ago, A.steve said:

Running is over-rated. ?

More seriously - I find it easy to believe you had an unpleasant (viral) illness... but I'm sceptical about the basis on which one may assert that it was the one described in the news.  Your evidence sounds emotively compelling... but... I find myself noting that a significant proportion of people who 'have the offiical virus' are asymptomatic - and that it is only really a threat to elder people and those with other underlying health problems.  You say you're very fit and healthy... if the official description of COVID is accurate - then this does not correlate with your own description.

My experience is that - after seeing saturation news on the subject over a prelonged period - then many people succumbe to conformity... and actively, subconciously, seek confirmatory evidence.

I don’t succumb to conformity.  Ever.