House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Jo Biden wins Democratic nomination.

Talking to a guy I know who is very interested in and studies US politics intensely, having done so for a few years.

When I said I'd heard Biden has a 10% lead he replied 10% of the vote is more likely.  That response only came when he'd managed to stop laughing. 

He reckons the polls were being rigged last time too, so desperate are Trump's enemies to get rid.

I have no idea whatever whether this is true or even could be. All I know is that nothing would surprise me now in USA or UK.

On 14/06/2020 at 19:09, Bluestone59 said:

Talking to a guy I know who is very interested in and studies US politics intensely, having done so for a few years.

When I said I'd heard Biden has a 10% lead he replied 10% of the vote is more likely.  That response only came when he'd managed to stop laughing. 

He reckons the polls were being rigged last time too, so desperate are Trump's enemies to get rid.

I have no idea whatever whether this is true or even could be. All I know is that nothing would surprise me now in USA or UK.

The final polls got it pretty much right last time when it came to vote share, the Trump team managed to get the voters out where it counted though. I reckon Uncle Joe will pull it off, but he'll be a softly softly version of Trump. Come January next year he's going to have to rake in a lot of money to cover Trumps spending and the effects of Covid, or make massive cuts.... I suspect he'll be a single term incumbent as well.

Eric Trump for 2024?

Biden gets as few as a hundred people watching his talks from the Biden-Bunker. Trump has a million people wanting tickets to his talk at the weekend.

The Trump supporters I know can't wait to go out and vote for him. Does anyone thing more than half a dozen people in the US feel the same way about Creepy Joe?

If the Democrats thought Biden stood a chance of winning legitimately, they'd rein in their stormtroopers, rather than pushing them to act ever more insane. They're planning to burn cities to the ground if he loses, claiming Trump stole the election with electoral fraud.

On 14/06/2020 at 12:09, Bluestone59 said:

The polls are massively oversampling registered Democrats over registered Republicans, and--shock--turns out the poll results are pro-BIden! And you have to remember that many 'independents' are telling them they'll vote for Biden instead of Trump because they don't want their house burned down, so they're over-represented too.

The last poll I saw the breakdown for showed almost exactly the same percentage difference in voter registration as it did in the final result; amazingly when you ask the opinion of 15% more Democrats than Republicans, you find 15% more people supporting Biden.

(OK, I forget the precise percentage, but it was in the low teens).

Polls exist to create the desired result, not to tell you what the result might be.

On 18/06/2020 at 05:36, MarkG said:

Biden gets as few as a hundred people watching his talks from the Biden-Bunker. Trump has a million people wanting tickets to his talk at the weekend.

The Trump supporters I know can't wait to go out and vote for him. Does anyone thing more than half a dozen people in the US feel the same way about Creepy Joe?

If the Democrats thought Biden stood a chance of winning legitimately, they'd rein in their stormtroopers, rather than pushing them to act ever more insane. They're planning to burn cities to the ground if he loses, claiming Trump stole the election with electoral fraud.

I don't think Trump supporters should be mentioning bunkers, given bunker-boys behavior during the WH demo's... Just inspecting it were you bunker-boy? 😆

You probably have a point re. people getting fired up to vote FOR Biden, but you are ignoring the element that are fired up to vote AGAINST Trump. Trumps support is dropping, his detractors are increasing. Witness the 'million-ticket' rally last weekend. His detractors managed to troll the Trump campaign into believing that a million people wanted to attend... the result? A lot of empty seats in the venue and that embarrassing dismantling of the outside venue....

Do you honestly believe the the corporate Democrats are co-ordinating the rioting in the cities of the US? Do me a favour! Who's been doing the organised killing of police officers and officials over the last couple of weeks? Right-wing groups, more aligned to the Republicans than the Dems.

On 22/06/2020 at 12:34, AThirdWay said:

I don't think Trump supporters should be mentioning bunkers, given bunker-boys behavior during the WH demo's... Just inspecting it were you bunker-boy? 😆

Were you expecting Trump to walk out with his sleeves rolled up, ducking and diving shadow boxing ready for fisticuffs? 50 Secret Service agents got injured and you call it "demos". A bit like the BBC's "largely peaceful protests where 27 police were injured"...?

You probably have a point re. people getting fired up to vote FOR Biden, but you are ignoring the element that are fired up to vote AGAINST Trump. Trumps support is dropping, his detractors are increasing. Witness the 'million-ticket' rally last weekend. His detractors managed to troll the Trump campaign into believing that a million people wanted to attend... the result? A lot of empty seats in the venue and that embarrassing dismantling of the outside venue....

So nothing about the BLM et al. crowd there, blocking people from getting in or going through the metal detectors?

Who's been doing the organised killing of police officers and officials over the last couple of weeks? Right-wing groups, more aligned to the Republicans than the Dems.

.........so show us then and prove that you are not just talking b*ll*cks.