Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Jo Biden wins Democratic nomination.


Recommended Posts

Talking to a guy I know who is very interested in and studies US politics intensely, having done so for a few years.

When I said I'd heard Biden has a 10% lead he replied 10% of the vote is more likely.  That response only came when he'd managed to stop laughing. 

He reckons the polls were being rigged last time too, so desperate are Trump's enemies to get rid.

I have no idea whatever whether this is true or even could be. All I know is that nothing would surprise me now in USA or UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2020 at 19:09, Bluestone59 said:

Talking to a guy I know who is very interested in and studies US politics intensely, having done so for a few years.

When I said I'd heard Biden has a 10% lead he replied 10% of the vote is more likely.  That response only came when he'd managed to stop laughing. 

He reckons the polls were being rigged last time too, so desperate are Trump's enemies to get rid.

I have no idea whatever whether this is true or even could be. All I know is that nothing would surprise me now in USA or UK.

The final polls got it pretty much right last time when it came to vote share, the Trump team managed to get the voters out where it counted though. I reckon Uncle Joe will pull it off, but he'll be a softly softly version of Trump. Come January next year he's going to have to rake in a lot of money to cover Trumps spending and the effects of Covid, or make massive cuts.... I suspect he'll be a single term incumbent as well.

Eric Trump for 2024?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden gets as few as a hundred people watching his talks from the Biden-Bunker. Trump has a million people wanting tickets to his talk at the weekend.

The Trump supporters I know can't wait to go out and vote for him. Does anyone thing more than half a dozen people in the US feel the same way about Creepy Joe?

If the Democrats thought Biden stood a chance of winning legitimately, they'd rein in their stormtroopers, rather than pushing them to act ever more insane. They're planning to burn cities to the ground if he loses, claiming Trump stole the election with electoral fraud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2020 at 12:09, Bluestone59 said:

When I said I'd heard Biden has a 10% lead he replied 10% of the vote is more likely.  That response only came when he'd managed to stop laughing.

The polls are massively oversampling registered Democrats over registered Republicans, and--shock--turns out the poll results are pro-BIden! And you have to remember that many 'independents' are telling them they'll vote for Biden instead of Trump because they don't want their house burned down, so they're over-represented too.

The last poll I saw the breakdown for showed almost exactly the same percentage difference in voter registration as it did in the final result; amazingly when you ask the opinion of 15% more Democrats than Republicans, you find 15% more people supporting Biden.

(OK, I forget the precise percentage, but it was in the low teens).

Polls exist to create the desired result, not to tell you what the result might be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2020 at 05:36, MarkG said:

Biden gets as few as a hundred people watching his talks from the Biden-Bunker. Trump has a million people wanting tickets to his talk at the weekend.

The Trump supporters I know can't wait to go out and vote for him. Does anyone thing more than half a dozen people in the US feel the same way about Creepy Joe?

If the Democrats thought Biden stood a chance of winning legitimately, they'd rein in their stormtroopers, rather than pushing them to act ever more insane. They're planning to burn cities to the ground if he loses, claiming Trump stole the election with electoral fraud.

I don't think Trump supporters should be mentioning bunkers, given bunker-boys behavior during the WH demo's... Just inspecting it were you bunker-boy? ?

You probably have a point re. people getting fired up to vote FOR Biden, but you are ignoring the element that are fired up to vote AGAINST Trump. Trumps support is dropping, his detractors are increasing. Witness the 'million-ticket' rally last weekend. His detractors managed to troll the Trump campaign into believing that a million people wanted to attend... the result? A lot of empty seats in the venue and that embarrassing dismantling of the outside venue....

Do you honestly believe the the corporate Democrats are co-ordinating the rioting in the cities of the US? Do me a favour! Who's been doing the organised killing of police officers and officials over the last couple of weeks? Right-wing groups, more aligned to the Republicans than the Dems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2020 at 12:34, AThirdWay said:

I don't think Trump supporters should be mentioning bunkers, given bunker-boys behavior during the WH demo's... Just inspecting it were you bunker-boy? ?

Were you expecting Trump to walk out with his sleeves rolled up, ducking and diving shadow boxing ready for fisticuffs? 50 Secret Service agents got injured and you call it "demos". A bit like the BBC's "largely peaceful protests where 27 police were injured"...?

On 22/06/2020 at 12:34, AThirdWay said:

You probably have a point re. people getting fired up to vote FOR Biden, but you are ignoring the element that are fired up to vote AGAINST Trump. Trumps support is dropping, his detractors are increasing. Witness the 'million-ticket' rally last weekend. His detractors managed to troll the Trump campaign into believing that a million people wanted to attend... the result? A lot of empty seats in the venue and that embarrassing dismantling of the outside venue....

So nothing about the BLM et al. crowd there, blocking people from getting in or going through the metal detectors?

 

On 22/06/2020 at 12:34, AThirdWay said:

Who's been doing the organised killing of police officers and officials over the last couple of weeks? Right-wing groups, more aligned to the Republicans than the Dems.

.........so show us then and prove that you are not just talking b*ll*cks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2020 at 21:22, Arpeggio said:

Were you expecting Trump to walk out with his sleeves rolled up, ducking and diving shadow boxing ready for fisticuffs? 50 Secret Service agents got injured and you call it "demos". A bit like the BBC's "largely peaceful protests where 27 police were injured"...?

Fake news! Bunker Boy retreated on the Friday, Secret Service agents were injured Sat/Sun after being rushed into a defensive role. Even if it WERE the case that he followed the advise of his protection detail, why not just say that?

The child had to make up a story that would embarrass a 10-year old caught nicking a sweetie, 'inspecting the bunker' indeed ?

On 11/07/2020 at 21:22, Arpeggio said:

So nothing about the BLM et al. crowd there, blocking people from getting in or going through the metal detectors?

They managed to intimidate 994,000 Trump supporters? That's some going for a few hundred BLM supporters... Kudos! Although it does lead me to think that Trump supporters have as much intestinal fortitude as the draft dodger they worship!

Edit: For extra ridicule...

Edited by AThirdWay
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 13:58, AThirdWay said:

Fake news! Bunker Boy retreated on the Friday, Secret Service agents were injured Sat/Sun after being rushed into a defensive role.

Perhaps you are owed an apology for these things not happening on the same day.

 

On 13/07/2020 at 13:58, AThirdWay said:

Even if it WERE the case that he followed the advise of his protection detail, why not just say that?

Also apologies for you not being privy to his protection detail's advice. This seems to be an issue for you.

 

On 13/07/2020 at 13:58, AThirdWay said:

They managed to intimidate 994,000 Trump supporters? That's some going for a few hundred BLM supporters... Kudos! Although it does lead me to think that Trump supporters have as much intestinal fortitude as the draft dodger they worship!

I didn't say 994,000. Fox news cable coverage of the Tulsa rally got 7.7 million viewers, the highest in their history.

Indeed a few hundred BLM supporters were there causing disruption. How many seems to be an issue for you. It took a relatively small group of Antifa protestors to disrupt this protest against peados.

 

PS: do your research on draft dodging.

Edited by Arpeggio
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2020 at 19:47, Arpeggio said:

Perhaps you are owed an apology for these things not happening on the same day.

 

Also apologies for you not being privy to his protection detail's advice. This seems to be an issue for you.

 

I didn't say 994,000. Fox news cable coverage of the Tulsa rally got 7.7 million viewers, the highest in their history.

Indeed a few hundred BLM supporters were there causing disruption. How many seems to be an issue for you. It took a relatively small group of Antifa protestors to disrupt this protest against peados.

 

PS: do your research on draft dodging.

Apology accepted.

The much touted 1 million attendees dwindled to just 6 thousand because of what, a couple of hundred BLM protestors? Do me a favour!  I can well believe the Tulsa rally got the highest viewing figures ever. I would estimate 5 million of those tuned in to watch Captain Bone spurs make the usual fool of himself ? Still, that's nowhere near the viewing figures of the man he has based his character on, Archie Bunker got 40m to watch his last show!

p.s. Pathetic attempt at deflection there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 12:37, AThirdWay said:

Apology accepted.

From now on I do hope that if the president, infact any president, nay, perhaps even anyone, goes into the bunker, they do it on the same day that 50 Secret Service agents are injured, not the day before, and that this is called a "demo" (as you put it).

....of course, the importance of this issue to you being reflected in your acceptance of an apology for suggesting otherwise.

I can't go further on you being privy to his protection detail's advice, that's above me....although perhaps it shouldn't be above some idiot on the internet with a villain like face pic with an EU like flag symbol on it called "AThirdWay".

I'm sure every sane person agrees!

 

On 17/07/2020 at 12:37, AThirdWay said:

The much touted 1 million attendees dwindled to just 6 thousand because of what, a couple of hundred BLM protestors? Do me a favour!  I can well believe the Tulsa rally got the highest viewing figures ever. I would estimate 5 million of those tuned in to watch Captain Bone spurs make the usual fool of himself ? Still, that's nowhere near the viewing figures of the man he has based his character on, Archie Bunker got 40m to watch his last show!

Nope, didn't say that. The 1 million may have been registered interest, many of which were from teens on TikTok gaming it, much to the glee of AOC. Of course, if Trump supporters were sad enough to do something like that to a Biden rally.....

merlin_173635797_c9205677-aa2d-4df9-b28f

.......as if they needed to, there would be so much outrage, left wing rioters may even feel they have to start killing kittens on top of burning black owned businesses to make some kind of point then say t'was Orange man's fault.

What I said was that Fox news cable coverage of the Tulsa rally got 7.7 million viewers, the highest in their history at this point in time.

Archie Bunker was a sitcom from the 1970s and 1980s when cable had only 12 channels, sometimes more channels (but nowhere near today's numbers), there was no internet, not many computer games and the US population was more homogenised *clap clap*.

 

On 17/07/2020 at 12:37, AThirdWay said:

p.s. Pathetic attempt at deflection there!

That last part was to point out that the amount of people disrupting something, is not necessarily proportional to how much they can disrupt something. You mentioned a few hundred BLM disrupting a Trump Rally,  so I mentioned and showed a video of 5 - 6 Antifa disrupting an anti-pedofile protest. That point I was making was obvious to anyone (except you apparently).

Yes, that's the far left disrupting a peaceful anti pedophile protest. Even if it really was a deflection, which I have explained was not just above, it is interesting on it's own, even shocking.

Edited by Arpeggio
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2020 at 06:19, Warlord said:

Biden is pro-war. A disgusting swamp creature. He's been in Washington for 40 odd years!

Interesting and not surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if they switch him in August.

 

Edited by Arpeggio
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 419 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.