House Price Crash Forum

Breaking: Riots in London!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.  One point though, it should actually be fairly easy to arrest the perpetrators at a later date given the huge amount of video footage.

I recon in a few years it will be impossible to do anything with being filmed.

1 minute ago, reddog said:

Oh dear.  One point though, it should actually be fairly easy to arrest the perpetrators at a later date given the huge amount of video footage.

That only works if you know who the perpetrators are and then the footage links them to the event. If they are anonymous and are never arrested at the moment I guess not much use. 

Maybe they could all wear PPE face masks to hide themselves.  

1 minute ago, nightowl said:

That only works if you know who the perpetrators are and then the footage links them to the event. If they are anonymous and are never arrested at the moment I guess not much use. 

Maybe they could all wear PPE face masks to hide themselves.  

Yeah but you could do stuff like store their face in a database (not much of face needs to be analysed), or record their gate (the way they walk).  Then next time they are caught on CCTV in a train station, you would no it is them.

People give off a lot of unique signitures not just what their face looks like.

Yeah but you could do stuff like store their face in a database (not much of face needs to be analysed), or record their gate (the way they walk).  Then next time they are caught on CCTV in a train station, you would no it is them.

China are already doing mass facial recognition although it does tend to get things wrong. Not sure if the technology is there yet...

That's always the risk but I did see you can fool facial recognition software by having early 80s/Adam ant style makeup...that would be a riot worth filming!

3 minutes ago, Warlord said:

China are already doing mass facial recognition although it does tend to get things wrong. Not sure if the technology is there yet...

For sure the technology is not fully there yet.

But the problem is pointless riots like this will accelerate the trend for research into this technology.

Edited by reddog

Well I did mention riot season in another thread a couple of months ago...looks like that bus is early this year.

I dunno, you wait for ages then loads come at the same time!

Perhaps they got their sun time in yesterday and were bored today.

Lets hope that not too many of them were carrying the virus eh.

22 minutes ago, Warlord said:

The revolt is here! 

Who wouldn't want to work themselves to the bone 40 hours a week in a soul destroying job to pay off a sh1tbox by 75?

12 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Could it spark wider riots like a few years ago, or was that a one off that no one really understands fully?

That's not a riot, its just a few trouble makers outside Downing street. I was in central London today doing photo blogging and just stumbled across the gather up in Hyde Park, all peaceful. Quite highly emotive slogans on the signs/banners though. Unlike the rampant criminality of the riots of a few years ago this is just the usual thing of people wanting to rally round a cause.

26 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Could it spark wider riots like a few years ago, or was that a one off that no one really understands fully?

Its possible.  But to be honest, weren't the police pretty naive at the start of the 2011 riots?  The way I remember it they had a softly softly approach at the start, which meant the rioters thought they could do anything.  When they got tough, the rioters faded away.

I would have thought they would be a bit better prepared this time, but as with any other government institution, I am not holding my breath on the level of organisation.

Edited by reddog

Im not sure how a police officer being punched (guy was arrested at the scene) and plastic bottles being thrown counts as a riot... 

Sets a pretty low bar which most festivals and football derbys would cross

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

They clearly need more Help to Buy and student debts to get a job in a medium sized tertiary or service firm!

Or just give them a free pair of NIKE trainers and a new 42 inch smart TV and send them on their way!

It would at least save the clear up costs in the local shops in Victoria Street.

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

POPCORN....

Got to have a wry smile at the "I can't breathe" signs that many of the protestors are carrying - could well be literally true in a few weeks time if the pro-lockdown crowd are right.  ?