House Price Crash Forum

Clara Amfo praised fora anti-racism speech on Radio 1

Why is she allowed to do this on a platform paid by the public. She should be sacked.

I bet she wears all the clothes etc from slave driven countries but never mentions it.

She is only interested in publicity like the London set.

I am going to stop paying my BBC licence after this.

1 hour ago, faloos said:

Good idea, obviously you can let off steam on HPC.

But ultimately the only real thing you can do is take direct action.

1 hour ago, faloos said:

So did the BBC mention anything about China, where they don't let black people into restaurants and they make racist adverts?

.....didn't think so.

1 hour ago, faloos said:

I bet she wears all the clothes etc from slave driven countries but never mentions it.

Like that Primark building that collapsed and killed a whole bunch of Indians.

Edited by Arpeggio

I saw this on the daily mail. I would have commented but I can't be arsed to set up an account. To me this is overstepping her role as Radio 1 DJ. To be off work because she was upset would be a breach of employment in most companies. I couldn't phone up HR and say sorry can't come in because I'm upset about the death of a man in the USA, and that would be if I was black or white.

She does not even know the man! Time off work???

What about all the white men who are killed by police.? This is not just a race issue, it shouldn't be.

I like Clara. She is a good DJ but she has overstepped the mark by going on air and getting all upset about it. Almost like she is using the mans death to push her own agenda

Quite ridiculous.  But thats the BBC for you

10 hours ago, faloos said:

Why is she allowed to do this on a platform paid by the public. She should be sacked.

8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

So did the BBC mention anything about China, where they don't let black people into restaurants and they make racist adverts?

.....didn't think so.

Like that Primark building that collapsed and killed a whole bunch of Indians.

Yes, you are not racist, you just feel that being against racism is a personal attack on yourself.

To understand the second post, would you like there to be more coverage of issues of racism?

11 hours ago, faloos said:

What's this got to do with Houseprices ?

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Yes, you are not racist, you just feel that being against racism is a personal attack on yourself.

Nope. I just want to know the real facts and figures. Not politicized mind wrangling, and a one world policy of violence and rioting, over one single incident about a 6 foot 7 guy who had already done 5 years for holding a gun to a woman's stomach and robbed her. While arrested for using counterfeit money, the cop was wrong to, and did not even need to use excessive force in the way he was, and has been charged with 3rd degree murder. The resulting riots and burning down of black neighborhoods, including a housing project for the poor, are not justified. Or the cop shot in the back of the head, or the 77 year old ex cop (who is black) killed by looters, or the forklift truck used to smash a cash machine etc. etc etc.

I like to learn. That's what people should do, they should educate themselves. I recently learnt more about Malcolm X and his views about the liberal elite. I learn about the Ottoman empire's slavery of white people decades after the abolishement of Black slavery (and don't remotely see that as any kind of reason to riot). The UK's debt to abolish slavery finally paid off in 2014 and more. etc.

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

To understand the second post, would you like there to be more coverage of issues of racism?

There is no way anyone is ever going to convince me that not letting black people into restaurants simply because they are black, is anything but racist. If about the kind of thing I mentioned then yes! absolutely. There's more that just the video I linked, the Chinese have racism against blacks in their theatre also, with their characterization of them. Just another aspect of China sh*t hole country (not the unfortunate people who suffer it). Any such incident in the UK and I will be the first to condemn it.

Edited by Arpeggio
3 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Nope. I just want to know the real facts and figures. Not politicized mind wrangling, and a one world policy of violence and rioting, over one single incident about a 6 foot 7 guy who had already done 5 years for holding a gun to a woman's stomach and robbed her. While arrested for using counterfeit money, the cop was wrong to, and did not even need to use excessive force in the way he was, and has been charged with 3rd degree murder. The resulting riots and burning down of black neighborhoods, including a housing project for the poor, are not justified. Or the cop shot in the back of the head, or the 77 year old ex cop (who is black) killed by looters, or the forklift truck used to smash a cash machine etc. etc etc.

I like to learn. That's what people should do, they should educate themselves. I recently learnt more about Malcolm X and his views about the liberal elite. I learn about the Ottoman empire's slavery of white people decades after the abolishement of Black slavery (and don't remotely see that as any kind of reason to riot). The UK's debt to abolish slavery finally paid off in 2014 and more. etc.

There is no way anyone is ever going to convince me that not letting black people into restaurants simply because they are black, is anything but racist. If about the kind of thing I mentioned then yes! absolutely. There's more that just the video I linked, the Chinese have racism against blacks in their theatre also, with their characterization of them. Just another aspect of China sh*t hole country. Any such incident in the UK and I will be the first to condemn it.

The issue is facts and figures are still open to interpretation. You list the various anacdotes as examples.

Malcolm X is an interesting one, a heroic conservative figure in reality.

8 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

The issue is facts and figures are still open to interpretation. You list the various anacdotes as examples.

If news reports to you are anecdotes, then news reports to you are anecdotes. Here is one...

https://nationalfile.com/video-minneapolis-rioters-burn-down-low-income-housing-project/

The rest can also be confirmed if you bother to look them up.

8 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Malcolm X is an interesting one, a heroic conservative figure in reality.

Yes.

Edited by Arpeggio
23 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Nope. I just want to know the real facts and figures. Not politicized mind wrangling, and a one world policy of violence and rioting, over one single incident about a 6 foot 7 guy who had already done 5 years for holding a gun to a woman's stomach and robbed her.

Just to let it be known that according to the following, George Floyd held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant African American woman

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/04/candace-owens-george-floyd-is-not-my-martyr/

"Jail sentences in 1998, 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2007. His 2007 arrest, she continues, was for participating in an armed home invasion against a pregnant African-American woman, where he held a gun to the pregnant mother’s stomach."

PS: I still think the cop was in the wrong for what he did the arrest, regardless of the skin color of the suspect.

Edited by Arpeggio
  • 1 month later...
On 04/06/2020 at 20:27, Arpeggio said:

Here's something that happened thousands of miles away too. The Rwandan massacre of 800,000 people 1994.

https://www.history.com/topics/africa/rwandan-genocide

*tumbelweed*

You are right. People in Europe and North America are not too bothered what happens in Africa.

If you have been campaigning for us to pay more attention to the needs of Africa, you make a good point. Is that your point?

On 05/07/2020 at 11:54, Bob8 said:

You are right. People in Europe and North America are not too bothered what happens in Africa.

Many may not even be aware of it.

On 05/07/2020 at 11:54, Bob8 said:

If you have been campaigning for us to pay more attention to the needs of Africa, you make a good point. Is that your point?

The "racist" finger is being pointed at the "little people" blatantly trying to cast everyone with the same "you are a racist" brush as one big fat ideology, without bothering to look at facts or statistics, or bothering to learn some history.

Now we have corporations that use sweatshops in faraway lands going woke for BLM (with its 5 leaders, only one of which is black, so much for equal representation?), which does not give over 90% of its donations to blacks. All while Africa is pillaged for its natural resources.

Now Labour in Leicester lying about sweatshop factories. So woke!

Edited by Arpeggio
8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Many may not even be aware of it.

The "racist" finger is being pointed at the "little people" blatantly trying to cast everyone with the same "you are a racist" brush as one big fat ideology, without bothering to look at facts or statistics, or bothering to learn some history.

Now we have corporations that use sweatshops in faraway lands going woke for BLM (with its 5 leaders, only one of which is black, so much for equal representation?), which does not give over 90% of its donations to blacks. All while Africa is pillaged for its natural resources.

Now Labour in Leicester lying about sweatshop factories. So woke!

I have come come across only a handful of people who speak of BLM meaning the organisation rather than the phrase. They all make the same point, but it does seem dishonest.

I am sorry that you are being victimised.