Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Riots in the US, what are the chances of riots in the Uk this year?


Recommended Posts

Well there are always riots every year on the UK to some extent, so I would say high.

 

It's going to be interesting to see when people, both young and old, realise what has happened to the economy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Hot weather is always a favourite riot accelerator. 

Perhaps in October, when the free printed money is cut / stopped ? 

The riots in Minneapolis are because police saw a man who looked like someone accused of passing bad cheques and decided to kill him (one held his legs, another kneeled on his neck and the other two told bystanders to mind their own business).

I think if the UK police were as badly behaved we would have riots, but they aren't so we won't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

The riots in Minneapolis are because police saw a man who looked like someone accused of passing bad cheques and decided to kill him (one held his legs, another kneeled on his neck and the other two told bystanders to mind their own business).

I think if the UK police were as badly behaved we would have riots, but they aren't so we won't.

The last uk riots were essentially the same after the shooting of Mark Duggan

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, reddog said:

Well there are always riots every year on the UK to some extent, so I would say high.

 

It's going to be interesting to see when people, both young and old, realise what has happened to the economy.

The US will be race riots - could argue those are worthy.

We'll just have the usual pi22ed up riots, as encapsulated by the Kaiser Chiefs.
 

 

Something very much of the 1990/2000s zeitgeist in that song. It was the period of peak nightclub and mega-pub. 

 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

 

Something very much of the 1990/2000s zeitgeist in that song. It was the period of peak nightclub and mega-pub. 

 

stop reminding me of better times not this crap they call it now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Well the US riots have evolved the same way

 

Not condiing the behavour of either.

But what we know about this case is rather different to the Dugan one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Hot weather is always a favourite riot accelerator. 

Perhaps in October, when the free printed money is cut / stopped ? 

 

Protestors Criticized For Looting Businesses Without Forming Private Equity Firm First

https://******/2AeY0zK

Maybe you can get Bruce Banner to organise it?

Apparently he is all psyched up some civil unrest on our streets so he was saying the other day

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:


 

 

Something very much of the 1990/2000s zeitgeist in that song. It was the period of peak nightclub and mega-pub. 

 

Peak nightclub!!  That was my heyday.

 

Seems a lot tamer now to be honest on the rare occasions when I venture on a young person's bar, young people seem a lot more ernest(nightclubs were almost over, even before Corona).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, reddog said:

Peak nightclub!!  That was my heyday.

 

Seems a lot tamer now to be honest on the rare occasions when I venture on a young person's bar, young people seem a lot more ernest(nightclubs were almost over, even before Corona).  

I don't think it counted as a good night in the 90s unless you had a fight on they way home and picked up a girl who then proceeded to vomit on you whilst taking each others clothes off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess it's unlikely but not zero.  The cause wasn't important, but the underlying malaise and organisation through Social Media was. 

Social Media is more closely monitored; encryption doesn't mean anything when police can take your phone and analyse it via terrorist laws.  The newer social media now act as vents for anger - why riot when you can change your filter and profile icon?

 

In away, we have become too soft - great for the elites to control us, but eventually it gives way. I only pray that result happens after I'm long buried.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a riot with people climbing the gates of Downing Street a few months ago. Not televised though. It came after tommy Robinson was arrested. Since that he’s been shut down from all media outlets. This looks like the new control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It appears to be geting worse in US, with major Gov buildings attacked 

How do we prepare for regular rioting ?

Secure our property better, get a bigger stock  of food in.? 

Trying not to sound like a prepper here, so I suggest preparations that are useful if civil disorder does not take place after all .. 

Edit 

UPDATES: -Third and Fifth precincts are being stormed by protesters in Minneapolis. -

Shots fired in Denver, with two injuries. -

Shots fires in Louisville, with seven critical injuries. -

Shots fires in Phoenix, no word on injuries. -

65+ arrests in New York City.

https://twitter.com/EgyptianWeeknd/status/1266225675142381569

 

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, msi said:

The cause wasn't important, but the underlying malaise and organisation through Social Media was. 

Exactly.

The guy was killed because he was resisting. The ultimate threat from the State to get you to comply is death, yet people scoff at me when I say that taxes are paid under threat of murder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We might see some minor event. Maybe something already seen back in the 70’. However, discontent in the UK has been channeled towards the EU and people had their vote. 
You need a very powerful message to keep people on the streets for weeks. This message is not present in the country. Well if a police officer kills a black guy something could happen, however, Black British are in a much better position than their brothers in the US. Racisms is not systemic in Europe, and it’s not a foundation of the State and the rule of law. I mean, the UK never needed a Martin Luther King. 

Edited by Neapolitan
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 23:19, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I don't think it counted as a good night in the 90s unless you had a fight on they way home and picked up a girl who then proceeded to vomit on you whilst taking each others clothes off.

Whatever

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neapolitan said:

We might see some minor event. Maybe something already seen back in the 70’. However, discontent in the UK has been channeled towards the EU and people had their vote. 
You need a very powerful message to keep people on the streets for weeks. This message is not present in the country. Well if a police officer kills a black guy something could happen, however, Black British are in a much better position than their brothers in the US. Racisms is not systemic in Europe, and it’s not a foundation of the State and the rule of law. I mean, the UK never needed a Martin Luther King. 

In the UK most will just moan about issues on Twitter & facebook instead, far too subdued by media, entertainment, benefits and debt. It's hard to imagine a return  to 70's/80's/90's riots where there was real anger and discontent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 415 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.