House Price Crash Forum

Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

2 hours ago, dougless said:

It was used to great effect in The Graduate which was released in 1968 which I can remember seeing in the Cinema shorty after it was released - yikes.

I seem to enjoy 60's music... do you have any other recommendations?  

They don't make music like they used to.

28 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I seem to enjoy 60's music... do you have any other recommendations?  

They don't make music like they used to.

Many but if you like the musicality of Simon & Garfunkel then try these:

Buffalo Springfield - the band Neil Young and Stephen Stills formed before they found fame separately.

Crosby, Stills and Nash - Crosby and Stills poached Graham Nash from the UK group, The Hollies.

Love Forever Changes - a bit left field and the lyrics can seem frighteningly prophetic and funny.  Not everyone's cup of tea but many regard this album as one of the best or nearly the best ever made.

The Mamas And The Papas - some great arrangements and some good songs which you will almost certainly recognise.  Some of their material is not so good but some would be positively non PC in the 21st century which makes them much more fun.  When they are good they are brilliant.

Nick Drake - his first LP came out in 1969 so just counts as 60's.  Poor chap had little commercial success in his lifetime but has subsequently been 'discovered' and is seen as a seminal influence on many artists that followed after him.

When you have worked through that list check out The Byrds, early Fairport Convention, Pentangle and Joni Mitchell.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Like I said they don't make music like hey used to. I can't stand most of the rubbish produced these days! 

I'm going to get through this lot on @YouTube which has everything. Love it.