House Price Crash Forum
Social Justice League

Pressure On Dominic Cummings To Quit Over Lockdown Breach

4 hours ago, Bob8 said:

The discussion of time is based on conversations with Priests when I was a child. My image was of chronology being like a line on paper and chiros is the paper. But, I was a child back in the 80's, my memory is hazy and you will be smarter than me in 1989!

It does sound like a complex web, I can not begin to untangle.

I've always been interested in time... so, maybe, I see references to it more than others do.  "Scientists" tend to treat it as a dimension and gloss over the fact that we only know how to travel this dimension in one direction (which, curiously, precludes a scientific investigation of time itself.)  Time, as a contemporary of Data, is criticial for information (i.e. data with established relevance).  Time and Frequency are intimately related - and seem to be the foundation of physical processes.  Time, at another level of abstraction, is the most critical aspect of controlling a narrative... where sequences of individually minor announcements guide a larger overall effect.  The most interesting thing about time is that our understanding of it doesn't seem to have advanced much in millenia.

The geopolitical ramifications of this virus - to my mind - vastly eclipse any plausible medical/health consequence for mankind.  It is definitely a complicated picture... but I get the feeling that I am witnessing a grand illusion - where it's all to easy to focus on the prominent but irrelevant details - while failing to notice a critical slight of hand.

Well now that the Police are not going to prosecute him its all going to fade away, except for all those left with egg on their faces and some of them wake up to the fact that they have made a serious enemy.

The higher echelons of the BBC, facing decriminalisation of the licence evaders, must be realising that they took a knife to a gun fight.

1 hour ago, pig said:

52% of leavers think he should be sacked ;)

100 % of leavers think he should stay.

And he will. - 6 months my ar5e.

Edited by FANG

2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Indeed. BJ/Cum seem quite adept at diggin their own holes.

Winning Brexit holes

Winning general election holes (like, record breaking win)

Surviving scandals winning.

Facts are hard to swallow, but they are winners.

1 minute ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Winning Brexit holes

Winning general election holes (like, record breaking win)

Surviving scandals winning.

Facts are hard to swallow, but they are winners.

What this man says 👍

1 hour ago, Habeas Domus said:

Wow

+1

On balance, Dom Cum had no chance in his childhood.

I'm feeling sorry for the guy.

For those who believe in rebirth, Dom Cum may well come back in another life and have a better chance.

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

All eyes on Cummings.  He's on the way out.

Are you sure about that?  I would say he is saved, all eyes on Minnesota now.

Cummings now quite far down the Guardian front page.

Edited by reddog

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

All eyes on Cummings.  He's on the way out.

The most powerful people in the UK disagree.

Who do you think decides if he stays or goes? After seeing the latest twitter video on his father I'm genuinely feeling sorry for the guy. All things considered he turned out well.

His father has enlightened me to the childhood he would have been subjected too. On balance - I applaud Dom Cum. 

10 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

The most powerful people in the UK disagree.

Lol, missed the point.

34 minutes ago, FANG said:

100 % of leavers think he should stay.

And he will. - 6 months my ar5e.

Well of course this leaving within 6 months are total BS claims to deflect the current outrage and fury from the situation. If dumb Cum's is not forced out now to dot he honorable thing he will still be here in a years time plying his BS to the thickos.

11 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Lol, missed the point.

For completeness, lol

"Who do you think decides if he stays or goes? After seeing the latest twitter video on his father I'm genuinely feeling sorry for the guy. All things considered he turned out well.

His father has enlightened me to the childhood he would have been subjected too. On balance - I applaud Dom Cum."

6 hours ago, slawek said:

How widespread are such views among the old money?

So this guy, Cummings wife's father believes in elitism and that human beings are the subject of their genes, and through progeny with other elitists offspring....blah blah. And his daughter married Dominic Cummings who is son of a very wealthy elitist with a huge estate in Durham.

And their sole kid is autistic.

24 minutes ago, smash said:

So this guy, Cummings wife's father believes in elitism and that human beings are the subject of their genes, and through progeny with other elitists offspring....blah blah. And his daughter married Dominic Cummings who is son of a very wealthy elitist with a huge estate in Durham.

And their sole kid is autistic.

99.9% of what we do in life is environmental. The gene stuff is a good grant stream for University/big Pharma. He bought it, good lad.

Unless you have a predetermined genetic condition, its all environment. Mental strength, the will to win, blood lines and genetics are all the deluded wannabe elite dinner party chatter. 

Ask a pack of Wolves. Or lions. OK, I exaggerate, over 1% of diseases are genetic. My bad.

He read the wrong books. Did he write any?

4 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

99.9% of what we do in life is environmental. The gene stuff is a good grant stream for University/big Pharma. He bought it, good lad.

Unless you have a predetermined genetic condition, its all environment. Mental strength, the will to win, blood lines and genetics are all the deluded wannabe elite dinner party chatter. 

Ask a pack of Wolves. Or lions. OK, I exaggerate, over 1% of diseases are genetic. My bad.

99.9% is environmental? Is that what you believe? Blank slate theory?

Edited by smash

2 minutes ago, smash said:

99.9% is environmental? Is that what you believe? Blank slate theory?

Not quite, but mostly. Try putting two twins in different households. See how they progress.

For example, place Dom Cum in a loving, caring household where the team comes first, love and honour. See how well he turns out. Mostly.

There are always exceptions (Ted Bundy for one). 

2 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Not quite, but mostly. Try putting two twins in different households. See how they progress.

For example, place Dom Cum in a loving, caring household where the team comes first, love and honour. See how well he turns out. Mostly.

There are always exceptions (Ted Bundy for one). 

Oooooh.... twin studies how original.

8 minutes ago, smash said:

Oooooh.... twin studies how original.

Don't quote me, but that's what scientists do. Genetically identical, but different environments. 

For the vast majority it's the environment that determines what we do, not genetics. Therefore it would be rather impetuous to imagine the elite are superior due to genetics. The blood lines were debunked, then genetics, but I'm sure some elite chap will come up with some nano-elite factor to justify their imaginary superiority. 

6 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Don't quote me, but that's what scientists do. Genetically identical, but different environments. 

For the vast majority it's the environment that determines what we do, not genetics. Therefore it would be rather impetuous to imagine the elite are superior due to genetics. The blood lines were debunked, then genetics, but I'm sure some elite chap will come up with some nano-elite factor to justify their imaginary superiority. 

Well no, twin studies are used by both sides of a supposed argument. Some say that "these identical twins separated at birth..." and others will say "but these identical twins separated at birth...."

Edited by smash

1 hour ago, Crowdedmarket said:

For completeness, lol

"Who do you think decides if he stays or goes? After seeing the latest twitter video on his father I'm genuinely feeling sorry for the guy. All things considered he turned out well.

His father has enlightened me to the childhood he would have been subjected too. On balance - I applaud Dom Cum."

Father-in-law. He married into it. Please check your facts next time. 

39 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Citation.