• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
2 hours ago, Crowdedmarket said:

The reason we get flu in winter isn't because viruses only come out to play in winter. They are here all year round.

It is established scientific fact that when people stay indoors in "flu season" as its cold in winter the flu spreads faster - everyone gets it. They get it because they are all in doors in enclosed environments. Winter/summer is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Biology 101. GCSE: Q: Describe why flu spreads in winter?

Correct answer: People move in doors because its cold and spread it due to close contact and coughing.

Wrong answer: Because its cold and people catch flu when its cold.

https://www.condairgroup.com/news/Influenza-is-on-the-way-an-optimal-indoor-climate-provides-effective-protection-against-infection

It is to do with humidity, the angle of the UV light and then vitamin D

HOLA445
4 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

The man did what any other normal person would have done for his child and wife. I would have done the same EVERY time. And been proud of my actions. He is a government worker so therefore a keyworker and exempt from lockdown restrictions anyway. Not that he broke any particularly having been in isolation all the time.

Register your vote then:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/danny-kruger-on-dominic-cummings-and-brexit-1-6672377

Keeping Dominic Cummings is the only way to get Brexit done and to fulfil the pledges made in the general election, a Tory MP has told angry colleagues in his parliamentary party.

Devizes MP Danny Kruger - son of Bake Off judge Prue Leith and is also close to both Cummings and Wakefield - has sent a note to the new intake of Conservative MPs stressing how important it is that Cummings remains in government.

In it he stressed those calling for the senior aide to resign were effectively giving a vote of no confidence in the prime minister.

Kruger said that the pair “are why we won the 2019 election and them together is the only way to GBD [get Brexit done], level up the regions, and fix Whitehall – the only things which will win us the next election too”.

He added: “No 10 won’t budge, so calling for DC (Dominic Cummings) to is basically declaring no confidence in [the] PM.”

You mean level up the regions like...

Coronavirus: Poorer areas miss out as £100m of emergency cash diverted to richer Tory councils with lower infection rates

Exclusive: Anger as ministers strip out deprivation weighting from grants to ‘fight the pandemic’ – despite higher infection rates in poorer neighbourhoods

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-emergency-cash-poor-england-hotspots-conservatives-a9528371.html

HOLA449
2 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

I would have done in his shoes. You have a journey to do eventually down south and you don't feel fit enough yet vision blurry. So you drive to a park as a test run. All within rules. Not that he had to follow them anyway because he is a keyworker trying to get back to work.

Surely any sort of test drive is done locally,  perhaps a few circuits around the block to avoid being stuck miles away from home...  'test drive' like after a repair or service, not checking whether you will or won't crash into anything.

"Driving with uncorrected defective eyesight or refusing to submit to a test" is also an offence,  either he had did have genuine doubts about his driving safety, or he didn't:  either way he shouldn't have been driving.   

I agree the media have gone into a feeding frenzy here. His mistake was trying to ******** his way out rather than taking it on the chin imo. 

For someone supposedly so attuned to the electorate It questions his current judgement His absences from home would surely be noticed by the media ,  how could this 'genius' have been so indiscreet and not have realised the the implications of this?

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

I would have done in his shoes. You have a journey to do eventually down south and you don't feel fit enough yet vision blurry. So you drive to a park as a test run. All within rules. Not that he had to follow them anyway because he is a keyworker trying to get back to work.

This really is such a pathetic witch hunt. Time to move on. What a non story. Go and watch house prices go down.

Why are you so happy to be openly lied to by your unelected bureaucrats and elites? Why are you so happy for your unelected bureaucrats and elites to live by separate rules to you? This week they have been laughing in the faces of the unquestioning thickos. 

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, ZeroSumGame said:

image.png.843a4f3a23734903929a9e3dac0424f3.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mary Wakefield the commissioning editor of the Spectator? You know, DC's missus.

I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be British prime minister

The Tory party is about to foist a tasteless joke upon the British people. He cares for nothing but his own fame and gratification

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/i-was-boris-johnson-s-boss-he-is-utterly-unfit-to-be-british-prime-minister-1.3936109

HOLA4412
8 hours ago, captainb said:

Thanks for that with the classic link to a air conditioning company, great reference there.

For an more reasonable reasoning as to how the virus behaves in different temperatures / humidity please see:

-https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12808-cold-weather-really-does-spread-flu/

Like our great leader, Boris, I don't read research articles. 

I did read this bit though "To find out why, Palese’s team charted 13 early immune reactions in infected animals, but they were unaffected by temperature"

Emphasised for clarity. Your article.

HOLA4413
8 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Survival of the fittest is Social Darwinism. A scientifically illiterate idea of Progress long disowned.

How many sheep? There are >60,000 excess deaths this year in the UK alone.

Progress? Oh. Not that.

A cute little rabbit looking into the loving eyes of an adult hungry fox - survival. We can leave progress for another day..

Maybe if we hadn't kept everyone indoors, known to be the best way to spread viruses, and didn't close down the NHS for sick people, 60,000+ deaths would not have occurred. Dom Cum got his way - get rid of the oldies....with the help of the NHS, who we all protected. 

Respirators - remember them?

New Nightingale hospitals - empty

AandE departments - empty.

Lets all clap again next week.

Our new PHE leaders are doing well...any shares in Glaxo (the one in Barnhard Castle) or other pharma giants? Ask Chris Witty, afterall he was the RnD lead.

HOLA4414
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Why are you so happy to be openly lied to by your unelected bureaucrats and elites? Why are you so happy for your unelected bureaucrats and elites to live by separate rules to you? This week they have been laughing in the faces of the unquestioning thickos. 

I once knew a young fella who only used the bus to travel. I asked him why he agreed with price increases in the local bus group. He told me he thought it was correct as the bus companies needed to survive. He was working min wage, hand to mouth.

They really believe their leaders. No fight left.

HOLA4415
8 hours ago, Bob8 said:

If I may, I would question the "established fact" part.

It is certainly a credible theory, but even as someone who worked on pandemic preparations (albeit over ten years ago), there seemed genuine confusion as to why it was so hard ti even infect people in the summer.

Out door season.

Put one infected person into a room with 100 others all day, winter or summer, and they will all get infected.

Everyone stays in when its cold and go out when its warm.

Humidity, mucus production, Vit D etc are just research income streams for Uni teams.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
38 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Out door season.

Put one infected person into a room with 100 others all day, winter or summer, and they will all get infected.

Everyone stays in when its cold and go out when its warm.

Humidity, mucus production, Vit D etc are just research income streams for Uni teams.

You must excuse me here, but I was writing as a professional in the industry.

Is that your supposition, or have there been clarifiying findings to that effect.

HOLA4420
10 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

You must excuse me here, but I was writing as a professional in the industry.

Is that your supposition, or have there been clarifiying findings to that effect.

You mean peer reviewed articles?

You can find for and against on pubmed. You should also then assess, through which funding streams each research was undertook, which you believe.

For example if Dr Bob from Albania received funding from the Vitamin D Pharma Group Plc and concluded "Vitamin D supplementation enhanced flu survival" you may be forgiven for being skeptical.

Now replace Dr Bob with an Oxford/Imperial World renowned respected expert and choose any real world pharma group you wish. 

HOLA4421

George Eustice was asked, on BBC News, whether he was happy with BJ refusing to accept any questions regarding Cummings in yesterday's briefing, he waffled for a minute or so but said nothing.

If the government continues to ignore the Cummings issue, I know at least on person who will ignore any lock-down rules from the government and do what they think is best for them and their family.

HOLA4422
47 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Cummings will be walking soon.

Into Downing street. He will not be sacked in 6 months. He will stay in Downing Street for this Parliament and the next, as he will be instrumental in winning the next general election for the tories.

Dom cum eats pressure for breakfast, anyone trained in deception could see his disdain for others during his inaugural Downing Street speech.. 

HOLA4423
11 hours ago, Crowdedmarket said:

The reason we get flu in winter isn't because viruses only come out to play in winter. They are here all year round.

It is established scientific fact that when people stay indoors in "flu season" as its cold in winter the flu spreads faster - everyone gets it. They get it because they are all in doors in enclosed environments. Winter/summer is irrelevant.

9 hours ago, Bob8 said:

If I may, I would question the "established fact" part.

It is certainly a credible theory, but even as someone who worked on pandemic preparations (albeit over ten years ago), there seemed genuine confusion as to why it was so hard ti even infect people in the summer.

HOLA4424
31 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

For example if Dr Bob from Albania received funding from the Vitamin D Pharma Group Plc and concluded "Vitamin D supplementation enhanced flu survival" you may be forgiven for being skeptical.

Ah yes, how could I forget about the.... *flips through flash cards* Vitamin D Mafia 

HOLA4425
5 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Into Downing street. He will not be sacked in 6 months. He will stay in Downing Street for this Parliament and the next, as he will be instrumental in winning the next general election for the tories.

Dom cum eats pressure for breakfast, anyone trained in deception could see his disdain for others during his inaugural Downing Street speech.. 

Don't know about that.  He wasn't very convincing during his press conference.

It's the blind leading the blind in downing street these days.