HOLA441
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

People with dementia-linked genetic mutation twice as likely to develop severe Covid-19 infection, researchers say
‘It shows again that increasing disease risks that appear inevitable with ageing might actually be due to specific biological differences’

Researchers found a high risk of severe Covid-19 infection among European ancestry participants who carry two faulty copies of the particular gene, known as APOE e4e4.

One in 36 people of European ancestry have two faulty copies of this gene, and this is known to increase risks of Alzheimer’s disease up to 14-fold and also increases risks of heart disease.

Genetic link found and it looks like we've found a cure for dementia :(

HOLA445
HOLA446
13 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Looks like Boris is doing the oppositions work for them by keeping Cummings on as chief advisor.

Keep going Boris.  You're doing a fine job of trashing you're credibility with just about everyone.

Yes, but we're still miles away from the (temporary) end of Cummings and Labour now has one man who can demolish them in the House but almost nowt else to sell. It's all coming apart way too soon for them. Perhaps because the Tories feel invincible with 80 seats in hand. 

It's going to take a lot more for anything to change anytime soon which I doubt it will. I did think Boris would fail to last out the year, no longer see it.

What does anyone think it would do to the exchange rate and ability to borrow cheaply if the government were to fall within, say, the year?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
52 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Bojo approval rating down 20% in four days. Keep digging Boris.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-approval-rating-plummets-22087077

Utter filth.

As an aside does anyone know where this clenched fist pointed thumb hand gesture comes from? I notice a lot of the Tory Brexshit filth doing it these days.

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

I think we have already determined that you are a fantasist.

My office is already being redesigned, might open July.

Good for you, I, unlike you don't wish misery on others! However, I'm not being a fantasist, how have any of your other fear mongering predictions come true... Precisely zero... And that's what's going to keep happening. How's Sweden doing by the way? 

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

Good for you, I, unlike you don't wish misery on others! However, I'm not being a fantasist, how have any of your other fear mongering predictions come true... Precisely zero... And that's what's going to keep happening. How's Sweden doing by the way? 

Swedes still dying.

HOLA4412
19 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

They are making a fool out of each and every person who voted for them thinking that they are so thick as to believe their lies. 

That is unfair.

People have to choose to believe, I think there are very few that genuinely have the wool pulled out of their mind without their consent.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
23 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to register their vote on the Dominic Cummings incident. If you have not voted already y ou can register it here:

The second question is of course the silliest ever - of course he is an unelected bureaucrat as is every SPAD and civil servant. Much the same as Bernard Ingham, Lady Falkender, Alastair Campbell, Nick Timothy/Fiona Hill, Lord Mandy/Damian McBride et al - all often controversial and close advisers to the PM of their time.

Slightly different to the European commission which makes and issues laws - as opposed to democratically elected national parliaments doing so.  Its up to the PM who commands a majority in parliament to decide who their advisors are - and the most successful PMs didn't ebb and flow at the whims of every opinion poll based on that week's media story.

Four years is a long way away - 12 months ago today the Lib Dems and Brexit party were celebrating their stunning victory in the EU elections! By December both tanked at the general election.

By December I expect the country wlll have moved onto worrying about mass unemployment post furlough and a serious recession - maybe even house price falls and impending public spending cuts - and who knows a second wave. So we will have a lot more to worry about than trips to Barnard Castle!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4416
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I've emailed mine, for all the good it will do, he's a fanatical BJ supporter, but hopefully it'll worry him a bit.

Surprise, surprise, I received a reply, probably written by Cummings, saying what a wonderful chap Cummings is and that we need to move on. 

HOLA4417
12 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

The second question is of course the silliest ever - of course he is an unelected bureaucrat as is every SPAD and civil servant. Much the same as Bernard Ingham, Lady Falkender, Alastair Campbell, Nick Timothy/Fiona Hill, Lord Mandy/Damian McBride et al - all often controversial and close advisers to the PM of their time.

Slightly different to the European commission which makes and issues laws - as opposed to democratically elected national parliaments doing so.  Its up to the PM who commands a majority in parliament to decide who their advisors are - and the most successful PMs didn't ebb and flow at the whims of every opinion poll based on that week's media story.

Four years is a long way away - 12 months ago today the Lib Dems and Brexit party were celebrating their stunning victory in the EU elections! By December both tanked at the general election.

By December I expect the country wlll have moved onto worrying about mass unemployment post furlough and a serious recession - maybe even house price falls and impending public spending cuts - and who knows a second wave. So we will have a lot more to worry about than trips to Barnard Castle!

Yeah I agree on reflection I should not have included the 2nd question. Thanks for contributing nonetheless. 

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

Surprise, surprise, I received a reply, probably written by Cummings, saying what a wonderful chap Cummings is and that we need to move on. 

That was quick. Amidst all those thousands of caseloads to get through from small businesses, families and others in financial difficulty - you got a reply from your MP in a few hours?

You must be very important and famous to get that sort of treatment or a local Tory activist! Or you have an MP that isn't prioritising things as they should?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
19 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

That was quick. Amidst all those thousands of caseloads to get through from small businesses, families and others in financial difficulty - you got a reply from your MP in a few hours?

You must be very important and famous to get that sort of treatment or a local Tory activist! Or you have an MP that isn't prioritising things as they should?

Why the sarcasm?

I posted exactly what happened and when and if you don't believe it you know what you can do.

Perhaps you'd like to try playing a pathetic race card again which you did when I criticised Priti Patel last month.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/235722-coronavirus-potential-black-swan/&do=findComment&comment=1103566379

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
13 minutes ago, winkie said:

Trust and competence is fast dying......;)

MPs inundated with Emails.....

Quite an achievement though, pulled the country together faster than I'd ever conceivably imagined - Guardian, Daily Mail and Church of England all singing from the same hymn sheet ...

HOLA4423
5 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I have, and I suggest that everyone emails their MP to register their opinion (whatever that may be) on this matter.

Maybe also throw some nails under the wheels of essential workers so they cannot get to work or even maybe throw some road blocks up at haulage companies  so they cannot restock empty supermarkets , because lets face it they have nothing better to do.

PS. How is your civil disobedience coming along, or are you just waiting for others to do it as you rant away on here?

HOLA4424

14 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

Maybe also throw some nails under the wheels of essential workers so they cannot get to work or even maybe throw some road blocks up at haulage companies  so they cannot restock empty supermarkets , because lets face it they have nothing better to do.

PS. How is your civil disobedience coming along, or are you just waiting for others to do it as you rant away on here?

You're wasted on here - you could have a great career representing China in Hong Kong lol

Edited by pig

HOLA4425
16 minutes ago, winkie said:

Trust and competence is fast dying......;)

MPs inundated with Emails.....

Judging by the time it took for my Tory MP to reply to my email, they are just hitting a button to reply with a lengthy standard response, probably written by Cummings himself. My reply to that was short and to the point.