House Price Crash Forum
Social Justice League

Pressure On Dominic Cummings To Quit Over Lockdown Breach

12 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I agree with you on many things, but not this one.

There are too many lies and it has to stop. Cummings has to go, or preferably, the BJ regime must fall.

😀 We do old chap and I was always in the he is a lizard it would good to see him gone camp. Just think the media and his multiple enemies had their shot and missed. I think still in the balance though they could be reloading...Ready, Aim....

1 minute ago, GregBowman said:

😀 We do old chap and I was always in the he is a lizard it would good to see him gone camp. Just think the media and his multiple enemies had their shot and missed. I think still in the balance though they could be reloading...Ready, Aim....

It requires a sustained effort to remove someone so firmly entrenched and requires a guided, rather than ballistic, weapon.

Happily, the news channels are wall to wall Cummings still, so there is hope.

For those of you who have a tory MP, today would be a great day to contact them via https://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Suggest that they consider resigning over this issue.

He is a liar, and if they are happy to continue serving under a liar, then you won't be voting for them again.

I'm sure that one person contacting them wont make any difference but if enough of us do, they will start to worry about their re-election chances and that will add to the pressure to give DC the boot.

He wont leave until he is pushed, so lets start pushing.

3 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

For those of you who have a tory MP, today would be a great day to contact them via https://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Suggest that they consider resigning over this issue.

He is a liar, and if they are happy to continue serving under a liar, then you won't be voting for them again.

I'm sure that one person contacting them wont make any difference but if enough of us do, they will start to worry about their re-election chances and that will add to the pressure to give DC the boot.

He wont leave until he is pushed, so lets start pushing.

I've emailed mine, for all the good it will do, he's a fanatical BJ supporter, but hopefully it'll worry him a bit.

5 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Gove's on Sky news lying again.

Cummings should be on his bike over this.

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-cummings-could-have-gone-straight-to-london-gove-11994739

Lovely squirming from such a duplicitous character. There is something particularly unsettling about Gove. Can't quite put my finger on it. 

There have been a number of complaints to the Durham police, about then antics of Dominic Cummings. Not withstanding the comments of the ex-Durham  police chief.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020
You are here: UK Statutory Instruments2020 No. 350Regulation 6

Restrictions on movement

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

The police will be taking stock.  No doubt the CPS will be looking at this one quite soon. Watch this space.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Another Tory MP, Saqib Bhatti, this time, making a fool of himself on Sky News and being taken apart by Adam Bolton.

Yeah Bruce, that was hilarious.  The tories really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.  :D

Edited by Social Justice League

I totally missed that one

Michael Gove says he has driven to test his eyesight as he defends Dominic Cummings

For f_cks sake what a total muppet.

1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

Its hard to deny that the message coming from the government is that the lockdown is over and everything is back to normal.

I'd have gone for eradication, but this government is hell bent of infecting the herd with a second and third wave, f***ing the economy for the year ahead.

I agree with most of that, but I don't believe we will lock down again for the second or third waves. I think seen as we have seen what a shambles it has been. Other countries have got away without doing it. 

People will be unwilling to undergo another lockdown in say 4 months time, the government doesn't have the money to afford this either. 

3 minutes ago, btl_hater said:

The lying is out of control now. They clearly have no respect for the electorate.

agree, where's the queen when you need her

7 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

I agree with most of that, but I don't believe we will lock down again for the second or third waves. I think seen as we have seen what a shambles it has been. Other countries have got away without doing it. 

I think the definition of what a lockdown means is not clear. Its many different measures that are applied, but the very last one to be removed will be high risk places like pubs, clubs and restaurants. Some of these may open in a barely viable manner and probable close down in a second wave. Most of the economy  will be able to operate, but the only way areas with close social contact can function profitably is if the disease is eradicated.

The route we are taking and the one seem to be keen on, will see you and your industry out of work for 18months.

Just now, Bruce Banner said:

Didn't they lie to her too?

Oh yes god I love the consistency

1 minute ago, Peter Hun said:

I think the definition of what a lockdown means is not clear. Its many different measures that are applied, but the very last one to be removed will be high risk places like pubs, clubs and restaurants. Some of these may open in a barely viable manner and probable close down in a second wave. Most of the economy  will be able to operate, but the only way areas with close social contact can function profitably is if the disease is eradicated.

The route we are taking and the one seem to be keen on, will see you and your industry out of work for 18months.

Again that's where we disagree completely! The pubs are reopening, and we aren't gonna lock down again.. Sorry to break it to you, but feel free fltonkeeo yourself locked down in your newly air conditioned flat and also enjoy the next 18 months

14 hours ago, A.steve said:

When I watched (most of) Dominic Cummings' press conference today... One thing lept out at me among a sea of the predictable.

Cummings said that he had written a paper about the dangers of coronavirus pandemics. (I understand him to have suggested that this was authored prior to this pandemic.)  I'd like to read that paper - if it is public.  Does anyone know if it is?

turns out he edited his blog the day after he got back to London..

5 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

Again that's where we disagree completely! The pubs are reopening, and we aren't gonna lock down again.. Sorry to break it to you, but feel free fltonkeeo yourself locked down in your newly air conditioned flat and also enjoy the next 18 months

I think we have already determined that you are a fantasist.

My office is already being redesigned, might open July.