House Price Crash Forum
Social Justice League

Pressure On Dominic Cummings To Quit Over Lockdown Breach

1 minute ago, FANG said:

His story seems plausible to me.

As this is the first time I have heard him speak I am warming to him.

Fangtastic

I'm just going to test what effects drinking 7 pints has on my reaction times. M1 here I come!

Just now, Habeas Domus said:

I wasnt quite sure if I was fit to drive after drinking 10 cans of special brew, so I just went for a short drive to test it out and see how I felt.

Exactly! It's a pathetic school boy excuse. Laughable.

28 minutes ago, Doesn't Commute Anymore said:

The plan is to make a long, dull sob story that covers all the anomalies. Barnard Castle was to test if he could drive, the sighting of him  in woods was to take the kid to the toilet suddenly.  That's how its going to be done.  The risk he is taking is that more evidence appears to counter this long-winded excuse. 

God, he's very uncharismatic.  A behind the scenes kinds of guy.   

Still, we're not talking about 60,000 deaths, or the "go back to school" yes/no debate, or European countries opening their cafe-bars outdoors whilst we decide to impose quarantine on visitors 3 months late.

It may not have been intended as a dead-cat technique, but it's doing it quite well.

5 minutes ago, FANG said:

His story seems plausible to me.

As this is the first time I have heard him speak I am warming to him.

Lol... First he didn't drive to Barnard Castle, now when he knows that there is evidence that he did, he did :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Doesn't Commute Anymore said:

I live nearby.  Its patchy - but the nice parts are really quite nice.  Crap secondary state schools barring two with tiny catchment areas.   

it has many nice bits shame there are not more of them though.  i hate the town. 

it does have the fast train going for it though. 

3 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Or a soon to be bankrupt council. 

The development is meant to be a Retail Mecca with associated residential development.

too many retail shops does spoil the broth. 

Ugh ugh er er um um..em em wer wer.....please feel sorry for me and the predicament I find myself with......then the tune changes......fast and furious......😉

Just now, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Or a soon to be bankrupt council. 

The development is meant to be a Retail Mecca with associated residential development.

That town centre development is looking like a terrible move.  More retail just not needed, commuter flats at 500k+ no longer needed.  These will become slums and ruin the town centre.  

That said, Woking is far far better value than Guildford unless you have a million or so to throw at your house purchase*

* - housing costs plus 11-16 education costs for your kids (great 6th forms!).  Lots of bad school catchment areas unless you are rich, but that's Surrey. 

Just now, Social Justice League said:

Comedy gold once again.......lol.

A hilarious performance and now it's time to do an Andrew and disappear.

no sweat

Just now, Social Justice League said:

Comedy gold once again.......lol.

A hilarious performance and now it's time to do an Andrew and disappear.

Yes, it sounds very Prince Andrew doesn't it?  If he survives, he wont be allowed near a TV camera again.   

4 minutes ago, Mignal said:

I'm just going to test what effects drinking 7 pints has on my reaction times. M1 here I come!

Exactly! It's a pathetic school boy excuse. Laughable.

Normally I'd go with "Can I read a number plate at 25 meters", but I'll try Genius Dom's "kill/not kill family" test instead.

I think as the last few pages prove many diehards on both sides will have made up their minds before he spoke a single word!

When it comes to Cummings - and Brexit - there is no happy medium on here and elsewhere.  

So when is the official government press conference today - or isn't there one?

3 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Still, we're not talking about 60,000 deaths, or the "go back to school" yes/no debate, or European countries opening their cafe-bars outdoors whilst we decide to impose quarantine on visitors 3 months late.

It may not have been intended as a dead-cat technique, but it's doing it quite well.

This  + 1 ....as much as I want to see the back of this toad and enjoy seeing him being grilled, it's deflecting from the number of deaths and all the other things you mention.

But also very significant, not enough people are talking about the three weeks of dithering that has caused 1000's of extra lives lost. (which Cummings would have a huge hand in deciding incidentally)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/three-weeks-of-dither-and-delay-on-coronavirus-that-cost-thousands-of-british-lives-05sjvwv7g

Maybe the government have played a blinder and use this as a distraction tactic, if they'd fired him sooner we could have gone back to talking about the real issues?

6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I don't know which is worse for a senior government official, being a liar or being an inept liar?

These repetitive and inane questions are gonna go on all night.

What time is the polygraph coming out.

And they still wont break him

3 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I think as the last few pages prove many diehards on both sides will have made up their minds before he spoke a single word!

When it comes to Cummings - and Brexit - there is no happy medium on here and elsewhere.  

So when is the official government press conference today - or isn't there one?

You mean he's really convinced you with the 'test eyesight' theory?

I suspect he's been told by the PM and Tory Grandees to kill the matter today.  If stories about his behaviour drag into this week, he will need to go.  So who fires the PM's enforcer?   1922 committee chair? 

Edited by Doesn't Commute Anymore

7 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Maybe the government have played a blinder and use this as a distraction tactic, if they'd fired him sooner we could have gone back to talking about the real issues?

Not going to very effective is it, bodies stacking up daily and there is the public inquiry to come.

1 minute ago, Doesn't Commute Anymore said:

I suspect he's been told by the PM and Tory Grandees to kill the matter today.  If stories drag about his behaviour drag on this week, he will need to go.  So who fires the PM's enforcer?   1922 committee chair? 

It will drag on. It will drag on because his story doesn't add up. Simple.