House Price Crash Forum

Pressure On Dominic Cummings To Quit Over Lockdown Breach

HOLA441
37 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

The left lose again. What a waste of 2 days of our lives, the biggest nothing burger in history.

The bloke was just trying to make provisions for his child, even more of a concern for someone in his position who is in the front seat of power, no matter what some say on here might think of that. I really cannot see what he has done that I wouldn't of done had  I  been in his position and as a REAL father, unlike I am willing to bet a few on here that question him.

People comparing him to Prince Andrew(paedophile) or even Chairman Mao(mass murderer) is just ludicrous, and as usual you have your armchair warriors who have all the answers just attacking everyone who just sees this story as trivial. This just stinks of a bitter Momentum group  trying to turn a mole hill into a mountain, just ridiculous.

I normally listen to news radio station most days, but in the last 2 months I have it off for nearly 24 hours, and then just try and get all the daily facts in a 10 minute period after I have sifted through the 99% crap out there. Honestly this country is becoming so hateful and judgemental of other people in a really nasty way.

I get people hate the Tories, hate Brexit and those that made it happen, but the electorate had their say and they went with Boris, that's life, bit troubling that he was the best on offer, but when you see the venom thrown at them it's a wonder anyone would want to do the job, much easier to spill bile and hate through a computer screen like a little Narcissist who will never be challenged in real life.

My money is now on some little group that is going to try and take this to court and just waster even more time

Edited by crumblingcon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Crumblingcon, you're not, ah, excusing him are you? No, I've obviously got the wrong end of the stick here, I mean, who'd be silly enough to do th......you're seriously defending him aren't you. Despite listening to his "statement " and his truly pathetic  q and a you actually still think he's an ok guy. Well bugga me, it takes all sorts I suppose.....

HOLA445
HOLA446
1 minute ago, crumblingcon said:

The bloke was just trying to make provisions for his child, even more of a concern for someone in his position who is in the front seat of power, no matter what some say on here might think of that. I really cannot see what he has done that I wouldn't of done had  I  been in his position and as a REAL father, unlike I am willing to bet a few on here that question him.

People comparing him to Prince Andrew(paedophile) or even Chairman Mao(mass murderer) is just ludicrous, and as usual you have your armchair warriors who have all the answers just attacking everyone who just sees this story as trivial. This just stinks of a bitter Momentum group  trying to turn a mole hill into a mountain, just ridiculous.

I normally listen to news radio station most days, but in the last 2 months I have it off for nearly 24 hours, and then just try and get all the daily facts in a 10 minute period after I have sifted through the 99% crap out there. Honestly this country is becoming some hateful and judgemental of other people in a really nasty way.

I get people hate the Tories, hate Brexit and those that made it happen, but the electorate had their say and they went with Boris, that's life, bit troubling that he was the best on offer, but when you see the venom thrown at them it's a wonder anyone would want to do the job, much easier to spill bile and hate through a computer screen like a little Narcissist who will never be challenged in real life.

My money is now on some little group that is going to try and take this to court and just waster even more time

My neighbour died alone in hospital without his family this week. They obeyed the rules. 

Surely you can understand that people who have sacrificed to obey the law for the greater good of the nation are upset with our leaders making pathetic excuses and acting as if rules don’t apply to them? 

I thought the right was all about Rules and Respecting Authority. I see now that as in US, it’s really about doing whatever you want while forcing other lesser folk to jump to your tune.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

My neighbour died alone in hospital without his family this week. They obeyed the rules. 

Surely you can understand that people who have sacrificed to obey the law for the greater good of the nation are upset with our leaders making pathetic excuses and acting as if rules don’t apply to them? 

I thought the right was all about Rules and Respecting Authority. I see now that as in US, it’s really about doing whatever you want while forcing other lesser folk to jump to your tune.

You can see the two strands of Leaver opinion dividing on the issue. The older and more provincial UKIPers for whom duty, sacrifice and the flag are paramount vs the alt. Reich globalists who espouse a doctrine of ruthless expediency and Social Darwinism.

HOLA4412
10 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

And what about Ferguson too?  He walked.

Last time I looked he was still in his paid employment at Imperial College. He just stood down from a working group.

I do feel sorry for the Scottish CMO - she did actually lose her job! And unlike Ferguson she was actually good at her job and producing modelling that was accurate! He predicted Sweden would have more than 50,000 deaths by 1 May if it maintained its approach to lockdown - its now the end of May and barely 4,000!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Last time I looked he was still in his paid employment at Imperial College. He just stood down from a working group.

I do feel sorry for the Scottish CMO - she did actually lose her job!

He should have argued that he was worried about becoming impotent and had to give his **** a try out for peace of mind.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
46 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

Big fan of Cummings, but it is what it is: he's a back-room boy. He ponders, he weighs, he strategizes, he sloganizes.

The problem he has is that he delivered Brexit almost single-handely, and that went to his head. Now he thinks he can bluff and extemporize like a political frontman, and that he is most definitely not.

He's basically shown he is as flawed and vulnerable as the rest of us, and that has shaken everyones confidence in him.

This interview was extremely poorly judged. So was the journey to Durham. Maybe therefore Brexit was.

He's undermining every aspect of government with every move he now makes.

He's the story and a pretty sorry one. Whether he goes or not is hardly the point.

Hmm.

So maybe Brexit will damage the UK. The herd immunity approach would have. The late lockdown has. Both together will make it worse, and now his actions make an early second wave more likely. He is the architect in all of this.

And now, as you say, He's undermining every aspect of government the UK with every move he now makes.

When do we start to wonder if this is deliberate?

HOLA4416
3 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

He should have argued that he was worried about becoming impotent and had to give his **** a try out for peace of mind.

He was just interpreting government advice and seemingly misheard it - 'stay at home share wives'!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The Tories have killed thousands of people during this outbreak through total incompetence.  Cummings and his bullsh1t is another side of the story but imo, they should all be shown the door. 

Cummings, Boris and the Cabinet.

A right shower of total halfwits who couldn't run a bath.

Edited by Social Justice League

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, Timm said:

Hmm.

So maybe Brexit will damage the UK. The herd immunity approach would have. The late lockdown has. Both together will make it worse, and now his actions make an early second wave more likely. He is the architect in all of this.

And now, as you say, He's undermining every aspect of government the UK with every move he now makes.

When do we start to wonder if this is deliberate?

Bozo as the Manchurian Candidate?

Are you kidding me? Imagine trying to sell that as a proposition to your intelligence superiors in Moscow or Beijing!

"This guy... ??!"

Boris-the-Clown.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

HOLA4420
45 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I am overdue on my two yearly eye test - so maybe its time we reopened opticians I agree along with dentists to avoid such problems and issues affecting others! Face masks on of course!

Maybe you can try the Barnard Castle eye test.

28805864-8355181-Mr_Cummings_confirmed_t

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, crumblingcon said:

I normally listen to news radio station most days, but in the last 2 months I have it off for nearly 24 hours,

God, you must be exhausted. Forget lockdown. That's bonk-down! No wonder you haven't been following the news. Just to fill you in, despite the most severe restrictions on public movement for like, well, ever, 37K people have been killed here by a transmissible disease. So, as you assumed, mostly a lot of hot air.

HOLA4424
5 hours ago, PalmerEldritch said:

Funny how it is the same ‘outraged mob’ on here screaming out for his head that were outraged at Brexit and the general election result.

The guy drove in his own car directly to another family residence where he could rely on help for his 4 year old kid. At no time was there a risk in spreading the virus. None of that matters though because you’ve decided that you have to burn the witch.

The local Labour MP insinuating he could now be responsible for an increase in local cases is the most disgusting twisting of facts I’ve seen for a long time.

Politically driven nonsense.

The Tory MPs jumping on the hate wagon have all wanted rid of him for political reasons and have seen an opportunity.

Shameful behaviour all round IMO.

Sick of the whole thing.

Didn't realise that you were such a fan of unelected bureaucrats living by separate rules from the plebiscites. 

HOLA4425
15 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Bozo as the Manchurian Candidate?

Are you kidding me? Imagine trying to sell that as a proposition to your intelligence superiors in Moscow or Beijing!

"This guy... ??!"

Boris-the-Clown.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

No, not him. 

But to be fair, this thread is not really about him.

Edited by Timm