House Price Crash Forum

EasyJet Hack - 9 Million Accounts & 2 Million Credit Card Details Gone - Attack Happended in January 2020.......Just Reported Now In May 2020

EasyJet might as well just call it a day too and go to the wall. 

No one needs these useless zombie companies who can't keep customers details safe and use up the worlds resouces so that thick UK c**ts can travel to Europe for £50.

Fook them and fook Virgin Atlantic.

Edited by Social Justice League
9 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

No one needs these useless zombie companies who can't keep customers details safe and use up the worlds resouces so that thick UK c**ts can travel to Europe for £50.

ohhhh...might be able to cash in there with a GPDR claim/complaint.

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

Very nice to travel to Europe for £50, but you can do it cheaper on Ryanair.

What's your problem, can't afford to do it? Tough s**t moron.

1 minute ago, yodigo said:

Very nice to travel to Europe for £50, but you can do it cheaper on Ryanair.

What's your problem, can't afford to do it? Tough s**t moron.

The masses shouldn't be flying on planes imo.  They should be taking fooking holidays in the Lake District.

Time to save the planet and bankrupt the airline industry.

6 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

The masses shouldn't be flying on planes imo.  They should be taking fooking holidays in the Lake District.

It's a price you have to suffer being in the EU. Stansted is packed with EUers coming back and forth. Freedom of movement and all that. So you don't support that ideal then?

11 minutes ago, yodigo said:

It's a price you have to suffer being in the EU. Stansted is packed with EUers coming back and forth. Freedom of movement and all that. So you don't support that ideal then?

I don't support unlimited air travel, no.  The lazy fooks can jump on a train if they wanted or drive a hybrid Toyota or something like that.

Unimited air travel is a throwback to the later part of the 20th century.......so 60 years.  Let's just sit back and think of the damage human beings have done to planet earth in that time.  Out of millions of years we have roamed this planet, daft humans now think that flying like a fooking eagle is normal for a mammal with legs and arms............lol.

Human beings shouldn't be flying in the fooking sky in steel heaps of sh1te.  The Boeing 737 Max debacle has taught us that.

18 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Absolutely correct. Cheap budget airlines are fueling climate change and globalization. Good riddance and take Ryan air with them.

2 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

I approve of this rant.

Sentiment like this is why aviation is ******ed.

Heathrow have lost 500 jobs so far with more to go, Gatwick 400, BA are trying to offer £23k p.a. to managers who currently earn £55k plus allowances, I've heard 90% of Virgin HR are at risk.

Crawley looking at up to 57% unemployment. 

Rolls Royce cut jobs, all manufacturing businesses in Sussex are likely to be affected, should imagine much of the Thames Valley will be affected, the West Country has lost Flybe and as such its air connectivity.

You all should look into the knock-on effects of aviation being decimated. It's not about losing the opportunity to have a stag do in Riga for 60p.

I was getting a coupe of pings from my email provider recently asking me if I was trying to log in to account from Tallinn, Estonia. I wonder if related to this hack. 

On 20/05/2020 at 00:14, Social Justice League said:

I agree. Put the price up just out of reach of average people and make the seats bigger. 

34 minutes ago, smash said:

I was getting a coupe of pings from my email provider recently asking me if I was trying to log in to account from Tallinn, Estonia. I wonder if related to this hack. 

If you share passwords between accounts, probably.

If information can be stored on an online database, it can be accessed. That's the whole point of storing it. Why people are surprised that clever hackers can access that data, is the real mystery.

When I once tried visiting the Lakes it was heaving, at least I assume it was from the traffic.  Stunning but ultimately rubbish destination. Never tried again.

Much though I dislike flying, I haven't since 2004, surely there's a place for it on a less intensive scale?

Then again is it really fair to restrict it to the well off, not really.

Couple I know retired slightly early and started taking 3 long haul holidays a year which I find disgusting. Can understand the vitriol on here towards that.

25 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

If you share passwords between accounts, probably.

Well my Easyjet account does have the password I use in other places but not my email. I did some work for a guy a few years ago and his business was providing super secure mobile phone/data for premiership footballers, some deal with Vodaphone. Some idiot hacked the account of a well known England player and this bloke hired a counter hacker who destroyed the guy.

7 minutes ago, smash said:

Well my Easyjet account does have the password I use in other places but not my email. I did some work for a guy a few years ago and his business was providing super secure mobile phone/data for premiership footballers, some deal with Vodaphone. Some idiot hacked the account of a well known England player and this bloke hired a counter hacker who destroyed the guy.

Never use the same password between sites, try something like last pass. You are just making the hackers job a lot easier.

Step 1 - Hack a random low security web site. Harvest password database.

Step 2 - Replay harvested passwords against more secure sites of value...amazon, gmail, hotmail

Step 3 - Profit

Adding a 1 to the end of the password is not sufficient either! Derivatives are an easy spot.

Edit: Remember that your primary email address is the key to your kingdom. Protect it at all costs, preferably with 2FA.

Edited by Chunketh
3 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Never use the same password between sites, try something like last pass. You are just making the hackers job a lot easier.

Step 2 - Replay harvested passwords against more secure sites of value...amazon, gmail, hotmail

Step 3 - Profit

Adding a 1 to the end of the password is not sufficient either! Derivatives are an easy spot.

Yep - this is why that data hack of Netflix accounts was so damaging. A high percentage of users would have been non-savvy and use the same/similar password for other sites.

6 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Yep - this is why that data hack of Netflix accounts was so damaging. A high percentage of users would have been non-savvy and use the same/similar password for other sites.

I don't actually know what any of my passwords are, except one :)

10 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Step 3 - Profit

Edit: Remember that your primary email address is the key to your kingdom. Protect it at all costs, preferably with 2FA.

Is last pass better than using Chrome to suggest and store long complex passwords for each site? I have found a problem whereby I reset the password on Chrome on pc for a site (e.g. Rightmove) but when I go to use the Rightmove  app on my android phone it doesn't sync the new password. 

2 hours ago, Sausage said:

Is last pass better than using Chrome to suggest and store long complex passwords for each site? I have found a problem whereby I reset the password on Chrome on pc for a site (e.g. Rightmove) but when I go to use the Rightmove  app on my android phone it doesn't sync the new password. 

Miles better. You can get a last pass app that feeds into the password auto fill on phones, on a desktop it just does it by default. You can get chrome to sync passwords across devices with a config change if you like.

Bear in mind that within Lastpass, the passwords are stored server side, so there is an element of squeaky bottom there but they have some extremely robust protections in place that should mean its very difficult for a hacker to compromise the database.

If you turned on sync for Chrome you would have the same potential exposure.

The ultimate way to do this without using a Cloud Service Provider would be with your own password vault. I can give you some pointers on how to do this if you like, but I have yet to do it myself...its just so much damn hassle and you have to remember that if you are out and about and your internet connection fails to your server....yep...screwed.

Weekend breaks in Europe should only be for the rich?  Really?

9 hours ago, Chunketh said:

The ultimate way to do this without using a Cloud Service Provider would be with your own password vault. I can give you some pointers on how to do this if you like, but I have yet to do it myself...its just so much damn hassle and you have to remember that if you are out and about and your internet connection fails to your server....yep...screwed.

There is another way and that is to generate a salted password hash based on the website URL, then you dont have to save a password vault anywhere, all you need is a copy of the hash algorithm and you can generate it again.

This does have one big downside - you can't change the password very easily, but I almost never do that for websites anyway.

17 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

There is another way and that is to generate a salted password hash based on the website URL, then you dont have to save a password vault anywhere, all you need is a copy of the hash algorithm and you can generate it again.

This does have one big downside - you can't change the password very easily, but I almost never do that for websites anyway.

changing passwords is my biggest gap I think. I try and do a few a week, but invariably I forget. I am pretty confident that they cant be brute forced but its good hygiene nonetheless.