House Price Crash Forum

I told you.

5 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The clever thing about mask filters is that they filter out particles far smaller than their pore size. The science behind it is quite interesting but from this series of posts I am guessing you don't really do science. 

He’ll do the science once he or someone around him gets infected. They always do. But you won’t hear a peep from him because he’ll toddle off like last time he was proved incorrect. 

Couple who ‘laughed’ at coronavirus dangers suffer horribly after falling seriously ill with it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just discussing Boomers with wifey yesterday.

Basically the 65/70s+ made little money and spent it but they made a fortune tax free on their home.  Luckiest generation in human history.

55-65s - lucky but not as much.

They saved even less but still made good free money on property but many with ongoing debt. They thought they'd do as well as parents.  These people in massive denial.  Many will HAVE to trade down in retirement.  Parents didn't need to.  More sales than buys at upper end...

Next gens f'd!  They thought they'd do as well as parents.  ?

Millennials?  Marxist idiots.

Chickens. Roost.

19 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

Was just discussing Boomers with wifey yesterday.

Basically the 65/70s+ made little money and spent it but they made a fortune tax free on their home.  Luckiest generation in human history.

55-65s - lucky but not as much.

They saved even less but still made good free money on property but many with ongoing debt. They thought they'd do as well as parents.  These people in massive denial.  Many will HAVE to trade down in retirement.  Parents didn't need to.  More sales than buys at upper end...

Next gens f'd!  They thought they'd do as well as parents.  ?

Millennials?  Marxist idiots.

Chickens. Roost.

"But but but but.....my house is my pension" - 55-65 years olds. 

"Yes, yes it is my friends." - me, licking my lips. 

22 hours ago, Killer Bunny said:

??? for masks that have holes bigger than the virus, and that are used day after day after day - which should only be used once. ???

+1  Even the makers of these cheapo "surgical" masks have warnings on the boxes that they don't offer protection from  COVID-19 (coronavirus), viruses or contaminants. 

covid19_masks.jpg?w=954

For the mask wearers - did your surgical mask come straight from the sweatshop floor?

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

23 minutes ago, Take Me Back To London! said:

+1  Even the makers of these cheapo "surgical" masks have warnings on the boxes that they don't offer protection from  COVID-19 (coronavirus), viruses or contaminants.

But that's never been the argument for them, it's to stop potentially infected people spreading it. Now I'm still somewhat sceptical about how much effect that has in the real world as long as you're not crowding together for an extended period or breathing or coughing in to someone's face, but they'll certainly prevent breath, and anything with it, from carrying as far.

Edited by Riedquat

1 minute ago, Riedquat said:

But that's never been the argument for them, it's to stop potentially infected people spreading it. Now I'm still somewhat sceptical about how much effect that has in the real world as long as you're not crowding together for an extended period or breathing or coughing in to someone's face, but they'll certainly prevent breath, and anything with it, from carrying as far.

At the start of this COVID business the WHO, MSM, governments said masks were more dangerous than not wearing a mask. 

For example, 8.5 million people in London, cheek by jowl and a lockdown lite and there were not masses of dead bodies. Professor Neil Fergusson who's computer prediction was the reason for the lockdon in late march, broke lockdown rules by having a his lover visit him at home twice, when she lived in another part of London with her husband and kids. He predicted that up to 500,000 could die from COVID-19, so why did break the lockdown - because it is all lies.

'Professor Lockdown' Neil Ferguson admits breaking Covid-19 rules to see his married lover was the 'wrong thing to do' and reveals next stage of UK's outbreak may be a game of 'whack-a-mole' to prevent another crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8463949/Neil-Ferguson-admits-breaking-lockdown-married-lover-wrong-thing-do.html

34 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

I am in Germany at the moment, having travelled from Denmark.

I was very skeptical of facemasks, having worn them for my jobs in biopharm cleanrooms. Some protection against spreading perhaps, but very little.

What has changed my mind somewhat is that the virus seems to be coming back in Denmark, as lockdown eases off. People are getting slack. The masks are a very obvious indication to take it seriously

21 minutes ago, Take Me Back To London! said:

At the start of this COVID business the WHO, MSM, governments said masks were more dangerous than not wearing a mask. 

For example, 8.5 million people in London, cheek by jowl and a lockdown lite and there were not masses of dead bodies. Professor Neil Fergusson who's computer prediction was the reason for the lockdon in late march, broke lockdown rules by having a his lover visit him at home twice, when she lived in another part of London with her husband and kids. He predicted that up to 500,000 could die from COVID-19, so why did break the lockdown - because it is all lies.

I think he broke lockdown to have sex. People will be doing that.

22 minutes ago, Take Me Back To London! said:

Feel free to go out and intentionally get infected and let us all know how you get on.

We won’t hold our breath. 

24 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Unrelated sorry but how do you block someone so you don't see their posts - fed up of trawling through tinfoil hattery on every thread

Click on your name (top right corner), there's an "Ignored users" option on the menu that appears, click on that, enter name to block in page that takes you to. Unless you're on a phone and HPC has a completely different phone interface, in which case no idea.

Edited by Riedquat

20 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Click on your name (top right corner), there's an "Ignored users" option on the menu that appears, click on that, enter name to block in page that takes you to. Unless you're on a phone and HPC has a completely different phone interface, in which case no idea.

Much appreciated

1 hour ago, captainb said:

Interestingly 75% of the CV19 deaths in last week of july died of ahem something else having tested postive for cv19 at some point in the past.

Will be interesting to see how people react having that knowledge. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53722711

They'll probably cry "manipulating the figures!" Nothing must get in the way of portraying it as badly as possible.

34 minutes ago, captainb said:

Interestingly 75% of the CV19 deaths in last week of july died of ahem something else having tested postive for cv19 at some point in the past.

Will be interesting to see how people react having that knowledge. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53722711

What knowledge? its just a change to stats that already undercounted the true death toll

Many people take longer to die from Covid than 28 days, many died without a test.

The ONS prefers deaths within 60 days of a test and deaths with Covid on the death certificate. Why not quote them.

2 hours ago, Riedquat said:

They'll probably cry "manipulating the figures!" Nothing must get in the way of portraying it as badly as possible.

And they would be right. The most reliable indicator was excess deaths.

Why do they not use that and give up on publishing numerous different stats that all give a partial picture confuse the public and cannot be directly compared with stats from other nations.  

Oh I think I have just answered my own question.

4 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

What knowledge? its just a change to stats that already undercounted the true death toll

Many people take longer to die from Covid than 28 days, many died without a test.

The ONS prefers deaths within 60 days of a test and deaths with Covid on the death certificate. Why not quote them.

And they would be right. The most reliable indicator was excess deaths.

Why do they not use that and give up on publishing numerous different stats that all give a partial picture confuse the public and cannot be directly compared with stats from other nations.  

Oh I think I have just answered my own question.

Hardly. Everyone in care homes just about has been given tests now, as they should have. 

The previous system allowed any of them who tested positive and subsequently died at any point in the future to count as a corvid death. Which is absurd. Given their age, there is an expectation at some point relatively soon... 

You can look at excess deaths... For the last 7 weeks on a trot deaths have been below the five year average.... Which would point to a negligible impact from CV19 as being shown in 75% of the deaths removed. 

As for taking longer than 28 days from a test.. That is based on what exactly? 

16 hours ago, Take Me Back To London! said:

covid19_masks.jpg?w=954

For the mask wearers - did your surgical mask come straight from the sweatshop floor?

Another one that still doesn't get it. It's not about protecting you, its about protecting others from you. Your protection comes from others doing the same thing. Official advice stated this weeks ago.

16 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Feel free to go out and intentionally get infected and let us all know how you get on.

We won’t hold our breath. 

?

I have already been abroad this year and now back in the UK.  Given the hysteria and panic in London it seems 20% of the population died from COVID-19 whilst I was away.

I was in Northern Italy in a red zone lockdown prior to the whole country getting lockdown. The region I was in of 1.7 million people and in 4 months, 960 died from COVID and the average age was 81.4.  Everyone lockdown for people who had one or more serious health issues and the Italian doctors were told to put the elderly onto ventilators, destroying their lungs, and incorrect use of anti-inflammatory drugs. A scandal has exploded in Italy about this.  Now Italy has had its economy demolished,  I hope you will be enjoying the economic depression that is starting in the UK and the EU for COVID-19 that is so deadly that you have to be tested to know that you have had it. Also like in the UK, if someone was, for example, stage 4 cancer with 2 weeks to live and they tested for CV, then they died from the CV. 

Funny this mystery illness appears and they have a test for it straight away.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

1 hour ago, Chunketh said:

Another one that still doesn't get it. It's not about protecting you, its about protecting others from you. Your protection comes from others doing the same thing. Official advice stated this weeks ago.

The WHO were telling us that there was no benefit for healthy people wearing masks in public and evidence suggests masks cause more risks.  

31 minutes ago, Take Me Back To London! said:

The WHO were telling us that there was no benefit for healthy people wearing masks in public and evidence suggests masks cause more risks.  

Yes, the key point is the word "were". This was for a number of well documented reasons, some of which were foolish.

3 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Be a good sheeple and put your mask on without question. Unlike the political elite, shown here in Germany, who are all indoors, next to each other, no social distancing, talking and having a laugh, put on their masks for a photo opportunity and then take them straight off again when the photographer has finished. ?