House Price Crash Forum

I told you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, moonriver said:

Welcome back KB with your interesting post.

Without this pandemic do you think we would of got an HPC some time soon, or maybe just one of a smaller portion than what we can now expect? 

Thx

it was always coming as interest rates would bottom and reverse at some point.

15 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

It's will be a 70% property market crash in the UK. 

Will take a good few years but once this has all played out (Covid and brexit) we'll see who's got what and who's not.

Would be wonderful. On verra.

36 minutes ago, Si1 said:

The pandemic may have been caused by economic inequality in the first place. The pandemic may have been as a result of the global house price boom.

+1

Forty years' of neoliberalism. Mathematised ideology masquerading as science.

7 minutes ago, Drummer said:

Crash? It hasn't happened yet.

We'll see...

Try selling for February prices.

Prices are down 10-20% and that will be clear in Land Registry stats by Aug, maybe Sept.

25 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

+1

Forty years' of neoliberalism. Mathematised ideology masquerading as science.

The way coronavirus-19 works seems remarkably well attuned to its success and its targets.

We have a ready served international mega-population of young adults living cheek by jowel in shared houses, factory-dormitories, which we intuitively know is not healthy.

So the virus spreads via healthy youngish people sharing living space and also travelling a lot at all scales. It cross infects by giving these people a hacking cough for a week or two without killing them. That is how the virus survives and multiplies. I'd suggest it has evolved this reproductive strategy.

If someone north of this age range catches it then, since they are not the main vectors for the disease, it doesn't matter if the virus kills them, so it hasn't evolved to keep them alive, no evolutionary pressure for it to. Hence deaths of the elderly from it are incidental to the virus' spread.

So it wasn't healthy for the metropolitan ideological elite to enslave several generations in sh1tty living conditions under the pretence that actually things are better this way by some twisted measure.

As has been said, they claim to be airliner pilots of the economy. If they were pilots they'd all be dead. Too many spinning plates. Too much wackamole. Too much fragility.

Edited by Si1

33 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

Prices are down 10-20% and that will be clear in Land Registry stats by Aug, maybe Sept.

I'm wondering if we'll see a succession of rallies and drops over the coming years.

36 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

Do you really think think that soon?

If I start seeing monthly falls of -3% I will be over the moon, just cannot see anything bigger. People will be in a panic, but not double digit panic

58 minutes ago, Drummer said:

Crash? It hasn't happened yet.

We'll see...

Indeed, can't see it being allowed to happen. 

Imo global air travel caused the virus to spread,  so for a while they will be very tight on any areas that have outbreaks, but pretty soon it will be back as they want it. Which means the country addicted to debt.

They do not want an hpc, they wouldn't mind a bit of inflation but they won't get it their collective reasoning is flawed. Won't stop them trying for ever though. There is a magic money tree. Sadly, for anyone who wants a decent life in the UK, that time has gone forever, mainly because the majority are happy to be given easy loans and shiny things. 

The new normal is young adults living at home or renting a room in a shared house until their parents keal over or go in a home, if it's the latter then at least if they are living in the family home they may get to keep it. Otherwise nothing

10 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

Do you really think think that soon?

If I start seeing monthly falls of -3% I will be over the moon, just cannot see anything bigger. People will be in a panic, but not double digit panic

Yeah, anything going on now is irrelevant, the only thing that will seriously change the market is many forced sellers. 

7 minutes ago, frederico said:

Yeah, anything going on now is irrelevant, the only thing that will seriously change the market is many forced sellers. 

I have got no doubts that we are going straight into falls from the first  minute of worthwhile housing data, double digit though is asking too much for the first few months. But I can also see a mad rush for the exit in those early days, Ohhh, I just don't know, maybe the first months could show something big

2 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

I have got no doubts that we are going straight into falls from the first  minute of worthwhile housing data, double digit though is asking too much for the first few months. But I can also see a mad rush for the exit in those early days, Ohhh, I just don't know, maybe the first months could show something big

I don't see why if nobody needs to sell, prices are determined by the margins. There will be forbearance and benefits to fall back on. 

22 minutes ago, frederico said:

Indeed, can't see it being allowed to happen. 

Imo global air travel caused the virus to spread,  so for a while they will be very tight on any areas that have outbreaks, but pretty soon it will be back as they want it. Which means the country addicted to debt.

They do not want an hpc, they wouldn't mind a bit of inflation but they won't get it their collective reasoning is flawed. Won't stop them trying for ever though. There is a magic money tree. Sadly, for anyone who wants a decent life in the UK, that time has gone forever, mainly because the majority are happy to be given easy loans and shiny things. 

The new normal is young adults living at home or renting a room in a shared house until their parents keal over or go in a home, if it's the latter then at least if they are living in the family home they may get to keep it. Otherwise nothing

Great post that will turn out correct, and a lot of people here are and will remain in denial.

The best days for the UK are well over and have been since the late 90s. This is the case for the entire west also. People these days aren't kind and considerate. Culture these days is not pleasant, and most people are just slaves with very little to live for.

2 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

Great post that will turn out correct, and a lot of people here are and will remain in denial.

The best days for the UK are well over and have been since the late 90s. This is the case for the entire west also. People these days aren't kind and considerate. Culture these days is not pleasant, and most people are just micromanaged slaves with very little to live for.

FTFY. 

8 minutes ago, frederico said:

I don't see why if nobody needs to sell, prices are determined by the margins. There will be forbearance and benefits to fall back on. 

I totally get your logic and 90% of homeowners and investors will as well, but it will be the 10% with their heads screwed and heading for an early exit  that will set new lower prices, the other 90% will catch on in 6 months when it's too late

6 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

The best days for the UK are well over and have been since the late 90s. This is the case for the entire west also. People these days aren't kind and considerate. Culture these days is not pleasant, and most people are just slaves with very little to live for.

The culture aspect is the saddest part, all this clapping for the NHS malarkey, how the hell did that start? It's all for appearances sake no depth of feeling. As with many things,  real people suffer but as it's a small number most don't get it. 

The gap between complete and utter rubbish and reality has somehow become blurred,  be it by social media, MSM or advertising. People are controlled by images and have very little idea of reality. 

I believe the fertility rate in the west is plummeting that should not be a surprise and represents the breakdown of western culture. That's the real reason for open boarders, cheap labour and canon fodder. 

13 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

I totally get your logic and 90% of homeowners and investors will as well, but it will be the 10% with their heads screwed and heading for an early exit  that will set new lower prices, the other 90% will catch on in 6 months when it's too late

What makes you think 10% have their heads screwed on? I think you're underestimating the depth of the debt culture. 

Don't get me started on pensions.