House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo-silver or lead?

I Feel I've Been Here Before And It's Scarry!

Overstretched consumers not spending on the high street, paying down debt or saving. Gordon Brown’s got them in a bear squeeze and his turkeys are coming home to roost. The nemesis of Increased taxes to fund out of control government spending coupled with pent up inflationary pressure, means he has no where to hide (they won't be fighting for his job when he moves into no. 10). The BOE know that in retrospect last years .25% drop in interest rates was a mistake. Interest rates will either stay unchanged or go up in the next 4 months.

The air is being let out of the bouncy castle, this party over. See you at the next one in circa 7 to 10 years time?

Pablo Silver or Lead

Overstretched consumers not spending on the high street, paying down debt or saving. Gordon Brown’s got them in a bear squeeze and his turkeys are coming home to roost. The nemesis of Increased taxes to fund out of control government spending coupled with pent up inflationary pressure, means he has no where to hide (they won't be fighting for his job when he moves into no. 10). The BOE know that in retrospect last years .25% drop in interest rates was a mistake. Interest rates will either stay unchanged or go up in the next 4 months.

The air is being let out of the bouncy castle, this party over. See you at the next one in circa 7 to 10 years time?

Pablo Silver or Lead

Hear, hear!!!

I'm scared too.

Who is going to pay to clean up this mess? Not the slack jawed, lame brained, debt ridden cretins who got us into it. Not our lords and masters with their large salaries and pension perks.

Me and you and anybody else with enough sense to still be debt free and ready for a large tax take.

rant over

The inflation genie has been let out of the bottle, every time the cork was pulled out and smoke was billowing in the central banker's faces they put it down to a little unseasonal fog and ignored it, they have been doing this for years, it will take years to sort this ouot, if indeed it hasn;t already gone too far for it to be sorted out in a controlled manner.

What action to take if you are on the wrong end of all this - probably do the opposite of what it is being continually suggested to do -don't go out and spend, don't go buying up hyper-inflated property on the back of dubious credit, certainly don't buy the toilet paper that is being issued to create all of this debt but go out and buy the things that are being made scarcer at a rapidly increasing rate due to overblown consumption.

Edited by OnlyMe

Who is going to pay to clean up this mess?

Me and you and anybody else with enough sense to still be debt free and ready for a large tax take.

Get yourself educated so that you don't fall into the trap. Knowledge and education is the key to success. You don't need to be one of the lambs to the slaughter. You're half way there by realising what's happening. Now's the time to look at protecting yourself.

MattLG

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Another busy day for the Central Bankruptcy Court in London. This seems to be the general number of the daily petitions. The 100,000 bankruptcy prediction for 2006 is well on its way. :(

All Aboard

interesting little website - was on sky news this morning - examples of how this gov are spewing money down the drain

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/

You have to be careful mentioning that site. I have done it before and told I was a mindless moron for believing any of it.

Every single word is a pack of lies, apparently. The fact that many of the conclusions are by eminent economists, government select committees etc is neither here nor there.

It is a fact, apparently, that the government never wastes a penny of taxpayer's money. That is true is it not Blue Lady? (Does she still live here?) - haven't seen any rants from her for a while.

You'll be proud of me. I went to the Taxpayer's Alliance and purchased the 'Great Big Book of Government Waste'.

I know I'll get few cheers, but some of us do take seriously the responsibility that the tax pounds we are spending came out of your pockets and that we need to spend them wisely. A book like this will help, even if every last word isn't necessarily true. I know that there are a few too many 'diversity coordinators' out there, but surely it is better to have at least a few folk on the inside trying to improve the machine?

BTW, my experience suggests you get, by and large, a much bigger bang for your buck out of UK tax-spend then from many other European or North American Governments.

Are we off topic enough now?

-don't go out and spend, don't go buying up hyper-inflated property on the back of dubious credit, certainly don't buy the toilet paper that is being issued to create all of this debt but go out and buy the things that are being made scarcer at a rapidly increasing rate due to overblown consumption.

Like what? Gold...? Silver...?

Edited by scavenger2012