HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
27 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Cheers all. Not looking forward to this debacle. 

I've been doing it for twenty years. It's really easy, and liberating, not having to trudge to a barber half a dozen times a year.

The reason I use the Philips is the range of lengths available, up to 42mm, because I don't like it too short.

HOLA448
2 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Cheers all. Not looking forward to this debacle. 

I did it right at the beginning of lockdown. That way it gets to grow enough again before the end of lockdown to have it cut properly.

You can't do that, unless you can time travel.

As Bruce says, it's not that bad, especially if you have a partner who can tell you the bits you've missed and tidy up any odd bits.

Otherwise I am sure your work colleagues or friends will point them out with glee.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I think when most people talk about doing their own hair they are talking #x, not some sort of fancy styling.

When I get mine cut at the shop I normally ask for #2 on the sides and #3 on top. Layering skill is currently beyond me, but #2 or #3 all over is not exactly a terrible compromise, especially as practically no one sees it in the current conditions.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
On 15/05/2020 at 12:46, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I think when most people talk about doing their own hair they are talking #x, not some sort of fancy styling.

When I get mine cut at the shop I normally ask for #2 on the sides and #3 on top. Layering skill is currently beyond me, but #2 or #3 all over is not exactly a terrible compromise, especially as practically no one sees it in the current conditions.

Never figured out all the number stuff. I just ask them to cut it as short as it'll go without sticking up.

HOLA4415
On 17/05/2020 at 02:17, Riedquat said:

Never figured out all the number stuff. I just ask them to cut it as short as it'll go without sticking up.

The lower the number the shorter the resulting cut. It relates to the shield comb they put on the clippers.

A #1 is pretty close to having it all cut off. I would say about a #4 is around the stage where if you go lower people start remarking whether you are AWOL or an escaped convict (but of course peoples reactions depend whether or not you have had the cut before, whether you are going from a previous long to short style, or doing it because you are folically challenged rather than through choice, where people tend to be less rude out of sympathy). 

Most people react pretty negatively to mine because I go from a state where I have a ton of hair to a state where I have hardly any.

If they go for a #1 you won't have much hair sticking up, because you won't have much hair full stop.

HOLA4416
30 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Most people react pretty negatively to mine because I go from a state where I have a ton of hair to a state where I have hardly any.

Don't buy it - I can't picture a hairy slug.

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

The lower the number the shorter the resulting cut. It relates to the shield comb they put on the clippers.

A #1 is pretty close to having it all cut off. I would say about a #4 is around the stage where if you go lower people start remarking whether you are AWOL or an escaped convict (but of course peoples reactions depend whether or not you have had the cut before, whether you are going from a previous long to short style, or doing it because you are folically challenged rather than through choice, where people tend to be less rude out of sympathy). 

If they go for a #1 you won't have much hair sticking up, because you won't have much hair full stop.

i do a grade 1 all over. i like the convict, foreign legion look. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Archived