House Price Crash Forum
dougless

Sentiment turning on mumsnet

13 hours ago, Drifty said:

WTF https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/3914754-Reducing-our-offer

Offered 6% over asking price pre covid and now asking mumsnet for advice about lowering the offer to 3% above asking!

We’re not in Scotland. We’re in the NE in a popular coastal area - houses move pretty quickly here...

I dont know anywhere in the NE coast  where 'property move pretty quick'

Quick goohle to find out where in the NE.

Nothing.

Post on TTC @ 38, cats, watching telly. Wedding dresses for curvy ....

3 minutes ago, spyguy said:

We’re not in Scotland. We’re in the NE in a popular coastal area - houses move pretty quickly here...

Nothing.

Morning spyguy..

Told you.  it's a load of sh1te on there. Either EA or some other VI.

Just wait for the horror stories and the moaning in a few weeks. That will be very real! 

59 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Morning spyguy..

Just wait for the horror stories and the moaning in a few weeks. That will be very real! 

I dont think its really either. Just some daft bint who thinks property only goes up.

Despite being under 50 and growing up with women equality, after 20 odd years chatting to women about property and paying the mortgage, I have come to the conclusion that the olde days of banking where a bank would not lend to a woman without her husband signature might have had some basis in fact....

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Nothing.

I can confirm as I have been looking in a popular NE coastal area. The dead zone. 

3 hours ago, Warlord said:

Morning spyguy..

Popcorn at the ready

I don’t think it should be that shocking that women (who spend most of their time at home raising children) are obsessed with their houses. Same reason daytime TV is generally screwed towards women watching, as are most ads. Whereas films are mostly skewed towards men. 

What should be surprising (but isn’t) is how decades of media propaganda on topics like housing and the EU have managed to blindly convince vast swathes of the population to act against their own best interests. 

For every rabid Brexit fanatic there is a rabid house price spruiker and the ideologies are remarkably similar. 

So what type of person really benefits from this mass brainwashing? Our strings are always being pulled.

image.jpeg

C47D05B7-F59B-4798-AFDD-629D379EC5EE.jpeg

4 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I don’t think it should be that shocking that women (who spend most of their time at home raising children) are obsessed with their houses. Same reason daytime TV is generally screwed towards women watching, as are most ads. Whereas films are mostly skewed towards men. 

What should be surprising (but isn’t) is how decades of media propaganda on topics like housing and the EU have managed to blindly convince vast swathes of the population to act against their own best interests. 

For every rabid Brexit fanatic there is a rabid house price spruiker and the ideologies are remarkably similar. 

So what type of person really benefits from this mass brainwashing? Our strings are always being pulled.

image.jpeg

Too tin foil hatted.

Barely 1 in 16 of ukpop reads a newspaper.

17 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I know loads of people who hate Brexit and really want house prices to rise forever.  

My sister is a remainer and was very unhappy about the fact her house might go down in value because of Brexit (hasn't happened yet).

I voted Brexit because I want cheaper housing - I think no HPI would definitely equal = no Brexit.

15 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Too tin foil hatted.

Barely 1 in 16 of ukpop reads a newspaper.

Bless your innocent heart.

It’s 2020.

516D0DE9-71FC-4192-8C73-9DEA339572F4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I know loads of people who hate Brexit and really want house prices to rise forever.  

My sister is a remainer and was very unhappy about the fact her house might go down in value because of Brexit (hasn't happened yet).

I voted Brexit because I want cheaper housing - I think no HPI would definitely equal = no Brexit.

I didn’t say Brexiters are house price rampers. I said Brexit extremism and house price ramping are examples of polarisised views in UK these days.

There’s no subtlty, no discussion, people are unable or unwilling to read alternative views, preferring their echo chambers online instead. 

7 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

There’s no subtlty, no discussion, people are unable or unwilling to read alternative views, preferring their echo chambers online instead. 

Only ever seen remainer echo chambers, unwilling to accept the views of those who voted Brexit and sling around racist/thick/old/selfish character assassinations.   

1 minute ago, sammersmith said:

Only ever seen remainer echo chambers, unwilling to accept the views of those who voted Brexit and sling around racist/thick/old/selfish character assassinations.   

pretty much it.  all are unable to establish and demonstrate what the loss to the individual would be, if only for entertainment purposes. 

37 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

image.jpeg

I was just saying the other day that I feel for some of the people on here who over the years have been pushed into the market by a nagging property obsessed wife no matter what the cost! Though I do get it that people want a nice house with good schools and to start a family. It's a real tough one, isnt it?  I'm happy to be single and out of the market..

2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I was just saying the other day that I feel for some of the people on here who over the years have been pushed into the market by a nagging property obsessed wife no matter what the cost! Though I do get it that people want a nice house with good schools and to start a family. It's a real tough one, isnt it?  I'm happy to be single and out of the market..

get rid of wife get rid of pressure. 

46 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I didn’t say Brexiters are house price rampers. I said Brexit extremism and house price ramping are examples of polarisised views in UK these days.

I am sorry I thought that was what you were implying by this. 

I agree with you there is very little discussion.

However I really don't understand why most people with children (apart from those with multiple properties) want prices to rise a lot.  It makes your children poorer - why would you want that?  I would love if prices had stayed still since I bought because it would make things easier for my daughter - obviously I don't want prices to drop compared to when I bought in nominal values - but in real terms I do want them to drop.

1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

Absolutely correct here to biggest HPI +++ ers were all remainers the previous poster was simply putting forward anti brexit nonsense trying to discredit it with untruths.

27 minutes ago, Drifty said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3917010-Help-my-buyers-have-reduced-their-offer

What a surprise...a topic where the poster got 8% reduction above them on the chain and their buyer is asking for 12.5% off.

Can't wait for next's week post where it's 20% off. 😄 

I hope this is a harbinger of things to come.

I don't see how house prices can not fall, with the worst recession in 300 years.

Music to my ears.

At the same time, I am not sure how many people can benefit from this as many people would be in negative equity and banks are unwilling to lend- why would you give a 90% loan on an asset that is rapidly falling.

Well some of us have this thing called "savings".

2 hours ago, Drifty said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3917010-Help-my-buyers-have-reduced-their-offer

What a surprise...a topic where the poster got 8% reduction above them on the chain and their buyer is asking for 12.5% off.

Can't wait for next's week post where it's 20% off. 😄 

😅 Housing market's only just reopened too. 

On 5/21/2020 at 10:45 AM, PeanutButter said:

image.jpeg

I always find it creepy when twins dress the same.

Is that Jerry Hall?

6 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Music to my ears.

Well some of us have this thing called "savings".

Yep, and many of us held firm and took the sniggering and constant unwanted advice that we should load up with mass debt. In these past few months I have started to feel like I am walking around watching people with big chain and balls on as I prance around in total freedom and shackle free, bring it on whatever it is post virus as I am in a position to handle it, try and escape massive debt, look at people now with the offer of short mortgage holidays, they are like junkies desperate for a short respite before it gets worse for them