Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Housing market could take nine months to recover


Recommended Posts

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/14/housing-market-could-take-nine-months-recover/

 

 

Now this is the type of journalism that amuses me the most ? 

In the past month the Daily Telegraph on the whole cannot be accused of ramping the property market, even if they have had a good track record of doing so in the past. They have followed the line of the BOE, politicians, media, housing porn industry, there is just no getting away from the fact that price falls are going to happen.

So how is Lizzy Burden going to come at this from as a more pro house inflation ramping everything is OK standpoint?

First thing is acceptance of what everyone knows to be fact now, so she goes on to say  that the housing market could be hit "for a whole 9 months". So she is not only suggesting this could be over in the not too distant future, but even less than 9 months is implied .

Then according to Lizzie it's a road straight back to where we were pre virus. To me this article is not only delusional and wishful thinking, it's fearful and more of a prayer

Edited by crumblingcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Lizzy Burden.

Economics Reporter at the Telegraph.

Degree in History.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lizzy-burden-15915014a

 

So knows Eff all then, probably just another article from someone who is fearful of her own situation and believes the public just need convincing that everything will be OK.

My bet is that she is a BTL landlord?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

So knows Eff all then, probably just another article from someone who is fearful of her own situation and believes the public just need convincing that everything will be OK.

My bet is that she is a BTL landlord?

I don't believe she is. But she has previously done an investigative piece on landlords asking for payment in sex, so fair play to her on that one. She just isn't qualified to be an economics reporter.

Edited by Si1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

I don't believe she is. But she has previously done an investigative piece on landlords asking for payment in sex, so fair play to her on that one. She just isn't qualified to be an economics reporter.

And lets face it, I suppose she is 100 times more qualified than Kirsty Allstropp on the subject

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

Mutual Masterbation trying to calm Establishment Crusties who see their perceived wealth being sprayed up the wall.  This style of journalism is the print equivalent of breakfast television.

This is really eating away at my much older Sister who has her claws on my very ill Fathers large home and who  who manages to cling on year after year. I will get some of the proceeds myself, but would much prefer to see it become near to worthless just to see her reaction, money grabbing b**** ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crumblingcon said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/14/housing-market-could-take-nine-months-recover/

 

 

Now this is the type of journalism that amuses me the most ? 

In the past month the Daily Telegraph on the whole cannot be accused of ramping the property market, even if they have had a good track record of doing so in the past. They have followed the line of the BOE, politicians, media, housing porn industry, there is just no getting away from the fact that price falls are going to happen.

So how is Lizzy Burden going to come at this from as a more pro house inflation ramping everything is OK standpoint?

First thing is acceptance of what everyone knows to be fact now, so she goes on to say  that the housing market could be hit "for a whole 9 months". So she is not only suggesting this could be over in the not too distant future, but even less than 9 months is implied .

Then according to Lizzie it's a road straight back to where we were pre virus. To me this article is not only delusional and wishful thinking, it's fearful and more of a prayer

funny that they quote the RICS Survey as source... when it says that they expect prices to be lower in 12 months.3CE54362-6BA7-4DC4-AEE4-A97E4A1D464D.thumb.jpeg.b11b8bb81ab00ef1d1973fc460398a70.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

This is really eating away at my much older Sister who has her claws on my very ill Fathers large home and who  who manages to cling on year after year. I will get some of the proceeds myself, but would much prefer to see it become near to worthless just to see her reaction, money grabbing b**** ? 

 

The price direction of McCarthy and stone retirement boxes may be interesting going forward!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crumblingcon said:

So knows Eff all then...

Well... history would indicate that this will take longer than 9 months. So I'm sure she knows better. It's just a fluff piece - telling some of the readers what they want to hear. Rather than being based on any economic or historic facts.

History would suggest the crash will take 5 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Belfast Boy said:

Well... history would indicate that this will take longer than 9 months. So I'm sure she knows better. It's just a fluff piece - telling some of the readers what they want to hear. Rather than being based on any economic or historic facts.

History would suggest the crash will take 5 years.

George Osborne and Gordon Brown both have degrees in history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 417 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.