House Price Crash Forum

Sudden influx of VI's on the boards?

Is it just me or is there suddenly a lot of VI's (vested interests i.e. Estate agents, BTL scum etc) suddenly appearing on the forum posts?

Saying frankly hilarious things  like "There's months of pent up demand!!", "Things will be back to normal ASAP!!", "House prices NEVER fall!(lolz)" etc...you know, just protesting just a little bit too much...

It's as if they're scared of something??

203730546_Imscared.gif.6aa8ac1fe0344d2c12e64cbaa3e26708.gif

Oh yeah, I know what it is...it's the impending HOUSE PRICE CRASH bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom.gif.2b67f2fbcc62a98cf55ec95cc60feb69.gif

Edited by highcontrast
typo
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after years of property being propped up by ANY means, any long term HPC’s can see they just won’t let house prices drop. 

maybe we will see them fall in real terms. but nothing of any note in the cost, I mean even a 10% drop is nothing compared to the years of rises. 

I think plenty on here save only in their bank accounts, only in cash, and hope that they will see 50-60% falls, but that can’t happen, if we were any close to getting there than fiat would be trashed again, those holding only fiat just can’t win. 

better to read up about investments, assets etc, and pick up a bargain in real terms. 

1 hour ago, highcontrast said:

Good job. Don't admin do anything about that?

Please don't ban them ? 

It is just pure entertainment countering their now puerile limp arguments, which deep down you know they do not believe themselves anymore.

But on the other side of the coin there is always that chance that you might get a genuine guy with a well thought out argument that can see the housing market surviving by hook or by crook, I am always ready to hear a good defensive argument that is sincere, even if it is wrong.

PS.. I know so many homeowners buying in the last 5 to 12 years, many of them good guys, who have put their heart and soul into getting a deposit, working overtime, going without, month after month, year after year with the thought of paradise just around the corner, usually a fairytale passed on to them from their parents who had lovely inflation to pay off their debts. The feeling of those 12 years being wiped off as a waste of time terrifies many of them

Edited by crumblingcon
49 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

The feeling of those 12 years being wiped off as a waste of time terrifies many of them

good point

13 minutes ago, Si1 said:

good point

And many of us had the same but in the reverse, now our day is coming. Cannot say I had too many people aggressive towards me, but  smugness directed at me along with pity(which I hate more) came in bucket loads ? as I refused to load up on debt for a house I just did not want to live in for one day.

My "wasted years waiting" is now about to pay off as I watch so many others fall into the abyss.

36 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

And many of us had the same but in the reverse, now our day is coming. Cannot say I had too many people aggressive towards me, but  smugness directed at me along with pity(which I hate more) came in bucket loads ? as I refused to load up on debt for a house I just did not want to live in for one day.

My "wasted years waiting" is now about to pay off as I watch so many others fall into the abyss.

No Government can hold all these balls in the air this time. One of the balls will fall , property will suffer.

Good move waiting, it will pay off.

2 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

HPC is the 7th result from "house price crash uk". Maybe people are just getting desperate?1050469097_ScreenShot2020-05-13at18_57_55.thumb.jpg.d97404632d11409b221393d1aab075bb.jpg

That's a good metric to watch.

One thing different this time - among many - is that there is a starting gun. The market was paused. Everyone had time to see the economic pain that lay ahead and now the gun has been fired and we're off. Can you get out before things gets worse?

4 minutes ago, longgone said:

Maybe they are worrying about insecure Jobs and mega mortgages that will need to be paid regardless.

Pre HTB Owners should be ok though God help recent buyers.

Post HTB buyers are a small proportion of the population with transaction numbers as low as they have been.   Few people paid those crazy prices.

1 minute ago, Wayward said:

Post HTB buyers are a small proportion of the population with transaction numbers as low as they have been.   Few people paid those crazy prices.

Every sale after HTB is a sale, sorry but plenty have sold in the last 7-8 years.

You could fill this HPC website with property ramping trolls if you want, there is not even the slightest chance they could install a gram of insecurity into me now, their fight is lost, will just be fun watching them try if that's what they want to do with their time now. I would of imagined though they would be more productive with their time trying to work out a financial plan for the coming years, because those mortgages still need to be paid and for a long time.

5 hours ago, Si1 said:

There are certainly vi trolls about tilting at windmills.

Not as many as you might think.

Some professional (those who make their living out of property) trolls have many accounts, to them it's just business.

Serious newbie question:   what  is HPC?   

No really,  how much does a property valuation need to drop to be defined as a crash?

5% change on a new build mortgage approval for a young couple saving for years=devastating

50 % for an institutional investor  =  just a number written off as 'challenging post CV market conditions'.

The world is just snouts and troughts, everything is VI, even an amoeba.

As someone renting with cash in the bank after selling last year I’m confident a crash (of sorts) is coming. But I still can’t help but feel I may be disappointed. 7M furloughed but the most vulnerable of those are likely low paid in areas such as leisure and hospitality. Of those that are homeowners they have their 3 month mortgage holiday, furlough pay and possibly a partner still earning. Many will be re-employed if the economy starts recovering. Then there’s more government money that will likely come for other industries hit. I just have this nightmare that a crash won’t happen at all or will be so short lived I’ll miss it.

I think the travel industry may be the deal breaker though. So many pilots, cabin crew, engineers, managers, ATC etc etc etc all with mortgages and expensive cars could soon lose their jobs (unfortunately (I don’t want to see anyone lose their career)). The suppliers to airlines such as catering, supplies, IFE, taxis, hotels, holidays, clothes etc etc is absolutely enormous. If airlines don’t start flying soon then surely that alone could be the first domino to fall.

why would we censure those with a different view? (daft trolling aside)

it's perfectly reasonable to hold conflicting and nuanced opinions, while still wanting prices to come down.

for example, some on this board think that prices should be below the cost of building (say £150 psf including fees, excluding land, for a pretty basic Bovis box); I will argue the toss on that point while still thinking prices are generally ruinous to the UK plc

7 hours ago, dirtysteve said:

As someone renting with cash in the bank after selling last year I’m confident a crash (of sorts) is coming. But I still can’t help but feel I may be disappointed. 7M furloughed but the most vulnerable of those are likely low paid in areas such as leisure and hospitality. Of those that are homeowners they have their 3 month mortgage holiday, furlough pay and possibly a partner still earning. Many will be re-employed if the economy starts recovering. Then there’s more government money that will likely come for other industries hit. I just have this nightmare that a crash won’t happen at all or will be so short lived I’ll miss it.

I think the travel industry may be the deal breaker though. So many pilots, cabin crew, engineers, managers, ATC etc etc etc all with mortgages and expensive cars could soon lose their jobs (unfortunately (I don’t want to see anyone lose their career)). The suppliers to airlines such as catering, supplies, IFE, taxis, hotels, holidays, clothes etc etc is absolutely enormous. If airlines don’t start flying soon then surely that alone could be the first domino to fall.

Travel, leisure, service industry.

Service industry suggests itself as a Biggie.

The big regional cities are somewhat dominated by service industry I believe, serving at a national scale. 

Heaven knows because you'd expect some international elements of the economy to take a big hit too so London would take that.

7 hours ago, dirtysteve said:

So your research has only highlighted that airlines and those that feed off them  are in trouble?

You need to go far far far deeper in your research, and you will discover you are not even close to the chaos that is coming.

How much digging/research have you done?

10 hours ago, longgone said:

Every sale after HTB is a sale, sorry but plenty have sold in the last 7-8 years.

Okay roughly 330K FTBs per year since 2014, over six years that is 2million...yes more than I expected but still a small minority of the population.  The crime is they have been duped into over paying with the UKGov being at the heart of this.