House Price Crash Forum

Housing Market Kick-Started

HOLA441

"Buyers given go-ahead to view properties", says the Times.

So, we can have complete strangers in our houses, possibly estate agents too, but we can't have our own family.

What a way to run a country :rolleyes:.

God I hate this government.

_112249516_times.jpg

Edited by Bruce Banner

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-52642182

"Buyers given go-ahead to view properties", says the Telegraph.

So, we can have complete strangers in our houses, possibly estate agents too, but we can't have our own family.

The donors of the Tory party made some calls and got what they wanted. Nothing else to add. F*** your health, just make me profitable again.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
8 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

"Buyers given go-ahead to view properties", says the Times.

_112249516_times.jpg

Dude, you sound like an alt right Trump supporter.

The amount of contact that would happen with some house viewings is small compared with seeing family, there'd be a lot less of it. And some people really do need to sort out a roof over their heads. Which is actually more important than hugging granny, although I know it doesn't feel like it.

It's messy and imperfect and certainly stuff I could argue over and disagree with the details too. But it's not a conspiracy or ploy to confuse. The govt are wrestling a many headed monster, we have to give them some credit for that.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
44 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

Buyer - “Hi bank, I want to buy a house, can I have a mortgage”?

Bank - “Are you on furlough”?

Buyer - “Yes”

Bank - “No”

or

Buyer - “Hi bank, I want to buy a house, can I have a mortgage”?

Bank-   "Are you going to ask for a 25% plus discount on peak prices"

Buyer-  No

Bank-   No as well

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It shows how dependent the economy is on house purchase (that they chose to open this now).  That said it’s good for those who think prices are too high as the process has started.  There is a very negative sentiment about plus people on Furlough in actual financial trouble.  It really will depend on how many come on the market and how many can raise finances.  It’s possible the veracious appetite for houses will soak it all up but I highly doubt it.   

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
58 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Dude, you sound like an alt right Trump supporter.

The amount of contact that would happen with some house viewings is small compared with seeing family, there'd be a lot less of it. And some people really do need to sort out a roof over their heads. Which is actually more important than hugging granny, although I know it doesn't feel like it.

It's messy and imperfect and certainly stuff I could argue over and disagree with the details too. But it's not a conspiracy or ploy to confuse. The govt are wrestling a many headed monster, we have to give them some credit for that.

Only six weeks to go and they're home and dry :(.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Hancock on R4 this morning struggling to justify allowing estate agents, hairdressers etc in to your home but not family. 

I d imagine because it's done on commercial terms, ie its someone providing a service for money, you've a fair expectation that it will be conducted in line with govt guidelines. That said, I've yet to see these govt guidelines for businesses to see if they even make sense.