House Price Crash Forum
homeless

Lets All Have A Midnight Sing Song

well i started hardcore

i proposed at first we should have a riot, and this didint go down to well

i then proposed some guerrilla shanty town and this had a slightly better but muted response

so trying to find the level that the hpc community would go im now going to propose

LETS HAVE A MIDNIGHT VIGIL SINGALONG

being accused before of being too radical, im probably going to be accused now of been a softy, but i think what we should do is all go down to the london eye and outside have us a candle lit singalong about our woes and the wrongs and injustice done upon us and many millions like us.

Im sure some of us could bring along some sandwiches and flasks of soup to keep us all warm, and a printer amoungst us write up the song books, we could have songs such as

this old house by shakin stevens

the green grass of home by tom jones

16 tons by johnny cash

this land is our land by the woldtones

and many others.

so how about it folk lets have a midnight singalong about the injustice of british society metted out to many of us, it could be fun and get our voice heard.

well i started hardcore

i proposed at first we should have a riot, and this didint go down to well

i then proposed some guerrilla shanty town and this had a slightly better but muted response

so trying to find the level that the hpc community would go im now going to propose

LETS HAVE A MIDNIGHT VIGIL SINGALONG

being accused before of being too radical, im probably going to be accused now of been a softy, but i think what we should do is all go down to the london eye and outside have us a candle lit singalong about our woes and the wrongs and injustice done upon us and many millions like us.

Im sure some of us could bring along some sandwiches and flasks of soup to keep us all warm, and a printer amoungst us write up the song books, we could have songs such as

16 tons by johnny cash

and many others.

so how about it folk lets have a midnight singalong about the injustice of british society metted out to many of us, it could be fun and get our voice heard.

There are no injustices in this country, that is official Government policy. Therefore no reason for any demonstration.

i think what we should do is all go down to the london eye and outside have us a candle lit singalong about our woes and the wrongs and injustice done upon us and many millions like us.

16 tons by johnny cash

and many others.

Yay :D , we could sing 'The Land'

The land, the land,

'Twas God who made the land,

The land, the land,

The ground on which we stand,

Why should we be beggars

With a ballot in our hand?

God gave the land to the people.

Hark! The sound is spreading from the east and from the west!

Why should we work hard and let the landlords take the best?

Make them pay their taxes on the land just like the rest!

The land was meant for the people

Edited by underpressuretobuy

Yay , we could sing 'The Land'

The land, the land,

'Twas God who made the land,

The land, the land,

The ground on which we stand,

Why should we be beggars

With a ballot in our hand?

God gave the land to the people.

Hark! The sound is spreading from the east and from the west!

Why should we work hard and let the landlords take the best?

Make them pay their taxes on the land just like the rest!

The land was meant for the people

That is a great lyric, reminds me of the days when I was a red under the bed. Where did you get it.

I can't live,if living is without MEW.

And that is soooooo funny

That is a great lyric, reminds me of the days when I was a red under the bed. Where did you get it.

'The Land' is a protest song , traditionally sung by the Georgist movement in pursuit and promotion of Land Value Taxation. Until the late 1970s it was sung at the end of each year's Liberal Assembly and remains until this day the anthem of the Liberal Party, as well as the traditional final song of the Liberal Democrats' Glee Club.

I used to sing it at the Liberal Democrats Glee Club. :lol: