House Price Crash Forum

A few weeks back it was slow. I ordered a wifi speaker on Friday and it arrived Sunday morning (albeit in some banged up Toyota car who I thought was a lost takeaway delivery man) what happened to proper courier firms with vans Amazon?

Yeah that's my experience @Ghostly. If your order is with the marketplace and not the Amazon warehouse then it can take a while, maybe up to a week i'm experiencing.

I hope you get your cooler, it's kind of important! :)

@Andy T standards are dropping with the drivers.. 

What I like on Amazon these days is manufacturers selling direct to consumers cutting out the middle man and delivering great value. 

For example, I bought razors straight from Gillette and they were much cheaper than in the shops.  

Just now, Ghostly said:

I think this one is from Amazon EU rather than the marketplace but same outcome.

I'm using the stock AMD cooler at the moment but it's driving me mental with how loud it is so getting a better one.

I have an AMD laptop (Lenovo) which is totally silent, How do they do it? There's no 'fan' in it surely?

Second the warehouse point.

Direct from the amazon warehouse is very fast.

If the seller uses royal fail though, that can take forever.

It is a shame you can't tell who the delivery company is before placing the order, but I think you can tell whether it is Amazon direct or not.

4 hours ago, Andy T said:

A few weeks back it was slow. I ordered a wifi speaker on Friday and it arrived Sunday morning (albeit in some banged up Toyota car who I thought was a lost takeaway delivery man) what happened to proper courier firms with vans Amazon?

I don't know how the Amazon delivery thing works but guessing its like a gig economy thing. I've seen a young guy in a Golf GTI with fancy exhaust system fitted and no doubt other "performance" modifications under the bonnet delivering amazon packets and parcels, basically doing that work to pay for the loan on his motor car no doubt. I wonder if beat up Toyota man and kid in a GTI have got hire and reward insurance, somehow I doubt it. Breaking the law and clogging up the roads.

Posted (edited)

Was expecting an item today and under my orders . It says ''parcel' delivered to resident'@ 12:05  but nobody has been.

Seems a bit dodgy and this is the first time its happened to me. I see from a quick search it can happen with their idiot drivers scanning packages before delivery so we'll see if it turns up. 

Thankfully nothing too expensive but a cautionary tale to say the least .

Edit: Also contacting Amazon is very difficult , Worse than Royal Mail!

Edited by Warlord
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Was expecting an item today and under my orders . It says ''parcel' delivered to resident'@ 12:05  but nobody has been.

Seems a bit dodgy and this is the first time its happened to me. I see from a quick search it can happen with their idiot drivers scanning packages before delivery so we'll see if it turns up. 

Thankfully nothing too expensive but a cautionary tale to say the least .

Edit: Also contacting Amazon is very difficult , Worse than Royal Mail!

amazon is easy to contact use the online chat function 

1 minute ago, longgone said:

nope i have used it hundreds of times it starts off as a bot just type "agent" in 

OK.  I'll wait a day or so and see what happens then i'll start trying to contact them.

Have you ever had 'parcel delivered to resident; and not got it?

1 minute ago, Warlord said:

OK.  I'll wait a day or so and see what happens then i'll start trying to contact them.

Have you ever had 'parcel delivered to resident; and not got it?

they are just leaving parcels outside now so yes, have you checked over fences and behind bins ?

On 05/05/2020 at 09:18, Andy T said:

I experienced that. Sold something on eBay took over a week to get delivered from Yorkshire to Tyneside, few weeks ago

I've got a watch coming today and a few other things via Amazon Logistics.  I seriously hope they deliver this time or I will  not be happy ! 

@longgoneI used the chat and complained about yesterday they said give it 24 hours then come back. They also emailed me a copy of the conversation.

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

I've got a watch coming today and a few other things via Amazon Logistics.  I seriously hope they deliver this time or I will  not be happy ! 

@longgoneI used the chat and complained about yesterday they said give it 24 hours then come back. They also emailed me a copy of the conversation.

i would not worry about it they will either replace or refund. i had £150 worth of jeans go missing and they refunded me before £200 phone digital cameras all sorts. 

1 hour ago, longgone said:

i would not worry about it they will either replace or refund. i had £150 worth of jeans go missing and they refunded me before £200 phone digital cameras all sorts. 

That's good to hear thanks mate.

I wonder if they can track the courier down and punish them ?

1 hour ago, Ghostly said:

I had a £500 TV mysteriously go missing at the courier’s distribution centre. That was no problem getting refunded. It’s no wonder they created their own courier.

years ago they just used to pick couriers by parcel size. a £500 galaxy phone would turn up with royal mail in the normal post not even signed for.  

i walked past a box few months back with a lithium battery warning label from amazon it was clearly a laptop inside for the size of box just left on the door step.  all that loss and still make billions. 

My watch and other stuff came no problems. The driver came in a very smart black minivan. So looks like they got their act together. 

Nothing on the item from yesterday i'll be sure to let them know

Oh and it was GPS tracked too. They alerted me when he was a few stops away.

Clever.... 

Still not sure if I would buy a laptop off amazon or any other 'big ticket' item. I had a good experience with AO.com where the courier actually calls you when he's on his way.  I would highly recommend them.