House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown to assist Wales after pandemic.

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

There are few words to describe how much I despise Gordon Brown.

I suppose anyone with public sector skillsets could move to Wales now to live the rentier's dream doing an utter non job for about 50k in a cheap rural area.

HOLA449

Every time there is some major event or incident in the UK, a few days later Gordon Brown seems to burst and barge his way onto the scene "OK, it's fine everyone i'm here now", like anyone gives a flying f*** with anything he has to say or do, I just imagine a unified national rolling of eyes.

His career was a disaster, a decade believing he was the greatest gift that was not in NO 10 until his bullying got him in there just to prove 100% he was wrong, and while waiting to oust Blair  completed a hatchet job on the UK economy from his NO 11 headquarters.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, LetsBuild said:

Does Wales even have any of its own gold he can flog at £200 an ounce? He’s a canny operator like that.

Reminds me of an episode of "The Apprentice" when Alan Sugar told a young upstart that selling a large number of £20 lobsters for £10 didn't make him a brilliant salesman.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 hours ago, crumblingcon said:

Every time there is some major event or incident in the UK, a few days later Gordon Brown seems to burst and barge his way onto the scene "OK, it's fine everyone i'm here now", like anyone gives a flying f*** with anything he has to say or do, I just imagine a unified national rolling of eyes.

His career was a disaster, a decade believing he was the greatest gift that was not in NO 10 until his bullying got him in there just to prove 100% he was wrong, and while waiting to oust Blair  completed a hatchet job on the UK economy from his NO 11 headquarters.

He has a lot of time on his hands.

The IMF, UN, EU, etc have lost his job application letters.

HOLA4414

Gordon Brown has a lot of  skills that could be useful to the Welsh government. For example he could advise them on how to use off-balance sheet financing to make debt invisible, and no doubt fix any other numbers that need a bit of massaging.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
52 minutes ago, gp_ said:

Gordon Brown has a lot of  skills that could be useful to the Welsh government. For example he could advise them on how to use off-balance sheet financing to make debt invisible, and no doubt fix any other numbers that need a bit of massaging.

Royal Bank of Wales!

See how long it can last as the 'biggest bank in the world!'

I did a quick google for this.

I just cant believe where I read this.

https://www.rbs.com/rbs/about/the_bank_we_are_becoming.html

Our Turnaround Story

For a short period in 2008, RBS was the biggest bank in the world by assets.

In October 2008, after almost a decade of global expansion culminating in the takeover of ABN AMRO, RBS ran into significant financial difficulties and was bailed out by the UK government.

The road to recovery has been a long one. Over the past decade, RBS has achieved the biggest corporate turnaround in history, becoming a simpler, safer UK focussed bank doing the right things for customers.

During that time, we have reshaped the business – increased income, reduced costs and built capital strength – and posted our first FY bottom line profit in 10 years. We have substantially cleared up the legacy issues this bank faced. All of this progress means that our investment case is much clearer.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419