House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, stuckmojo said:

From the express. Jesus Fitzgerald Christ

Yes but...

It took UK property prices 72 months to exceed their pre-crash peak of £183,082, having fallen to a low of £157,806 at the end of the last recession.

However, property investment is all about location and in London, this recovery time fell to just 39 months with the market returning to form far quicker.

Don't worry folks, your property investments will soon return to form... ?

2 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

I think house prices will be a side show if we see the level of redundancies that I think we will see.  Most people won't be able to feed themselves.  Properies will be repossessed and sold for feck all.

Agree. Just be thankful for a roof over your head (and internet access).  House prices  going to be the least of many people's worries .

1 minute ago, Warlord said:

Agree. Just be thankful for a roof over your head (and internet access).  House prices  going to be the least of many people's worries .

Agree with  both. No one really knows how bad this depression will be. 

A mate of mine who used to work for the Times said property stories sell papers.

As long as millions of people do not lose their jobs I think the housing market will stay stable.  If millions do lose their jobs they are not going to be able to buy a house whatever price they are.

The UK  is a house buying culture, it is hugely overpopulated. What do people do who do not own a house when they are retired on less income.  

In spite of what a lot of people seem to think I think that the majority of people do not buy a house as a financial investment.   Property prices have not increased in the last 3-4 years but plenty of people have still bought property which I think bears that out. To most people buying a place is offering stability to their family than a than a money making scheme.  

A

25 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

A mate of mine who used to work for the Times said property stories sell papers.

As long as millions of people do not lose their jobs I think the housing market will stay stable.  If millions do lose their jobs they are not going to be able to buy a house whatever price they are.

The UK  is a house buying culture, it is hugely overpopulated. What do people do who do not own a house when they are retired on less income.  

In spite of what a lot of people seem to think I think that the majority of people do not buy a house as a financial investment.   Property prices have not increased in the last 3-4 years but plenty of people have still bought property which I think bears that out. To most people buying a place is offering stability to their family than a than a money making scheme.  

Yet another great negative BTL article in the Daily Telegraph today, wish I could put a link up but you have to be a subscriber.

BTL guy in SW London losing £4,000 per month because of the virus, comments section has probably 1% sympathy for him and the rest of the BTL landlord scum. Particularly liked the comment that pointed out "well that means he must of been on £20,000 per month going on your information, wheres the smallest nano sized violin"

In short the basic message to landlords is get to f***

8 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

A

Yet another great negative BTL article in the Daily Telegraph today, wish I could put a link up but you have to be a subscriber.

BTL guy in SW London losing £4,000 per month because of the virus, comments section has probably 1% sympathy for him and the rest of the BTL landlord scum. Particularly liked the comment that pointed out "well that means he must of been on £20,000 per month going on your information, wheres the smallest nano sized violin"

use outline to get around it 

https://outline.com

7 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

A

The article says its going to be a disaster for rernters LOL. What? That landlord has to reduce the rent to attract a tenant.  Market forces.

This is wonderful news! 

7 minutes ago, Warlord said:

The article says its going to be a disaster for rernters LOL. What? That landlord has to reduce the rent to attract a tenant.  Market forces.

This is wonderful news! 

Yes I noticed that ?

I have seen this type of pathetic  reversed psychology before, those up to date on S24 and landlord complaining will know what I am talking about. Life gets more and more difficult for them and they try to get the message across that renters will suffer and not them in some kind of perverse attempt to change public and then political opinion in order to save them or bail them out, there are landlord websites out there that have even compared their plight to those of the Jews in WW2.

So many of these landlords honestly believe they can change public opinion to love them, so many of them also believe the public should look at them in the same way as you would a nurse in C-19 Britain. 

Frankie Boyle once came out with the classic(and he was property related as well) "I could watch you being gang r*****  and murdered and not feel a flicker of emotion" ?  Maybe a little over the top for me, but not far off.

20 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

Thanks for reminding me just how naff that paper is.  I am amazed people pay money for it  (presumably).

It's a good idea to read various media outlets, not for honest news, but to get a feeling of what people are being fed and their reaction to it. Saying that some papers are better than others.

3 minutes ago, crumblingcon said:

Yes I noticed that ?

I have seen this type of pathetic  reversed psychology before, those up to date on S24 and landlord complaining will know what I am talking about. Life gets more and more difficult for them and they try to get the message across that renters will suffer and not them in some kind of perverse attempt to change public and then political opinion in order to save them or bail them out, there are landlord websites out there that have even compared their plight to those of the Jews in WW2.

So many of these landlords honestly believe they can change public opinion to love them, so many of them also believe the public should look at them in the same way as you would a nurse in C-19 Britain. 

Frankie Boyle once came out with the classic(and he was property related as well) "I could watch you being gang r*****  and murdered and not feel a flicker of emotion" ?  Maybe a little over the top for me, but not far off.

I would go for "I could watch you being gang r*****  and murdered and think self inflicted, no sympathy" and for a lot of the property118 lot that would be about right.

Edited by Houdini
1 hour ago, richmondtw said:

not for everyone ;) 

2 hours ago, Warlord said:

Exactly, life could be a lot worse, no one can tell how this is going to end

Just now, Habeas Domus said:

If you dont believe the tabloid stories when they are ramping property, why would you believe anything they write thats bearish? - it's all the same, made up on the spot, clickbait nonesense.

Agree it's all clickbait nonsense! The problem is, the ramping has mostly been accurate :(

2 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

If you dont believe the tabloid stories when they are ramping property, why would you believe anything they write thats bearish? - it's all the same, made up on the spot, clickbait nonesense.

So you are saying this is as much nonsense as stories about Kim kardashians butt 

With the Express and DT piling on the HPC coal I get the feeling we're being softened up for falls in the event that HMG finds itself unable to prevent same.

However, the unanimity of those both on here and generally that a financial whiteout is coming spooks me and I've begun to suspect a slow decline down to moderately lower prices like -13% really is a runner.

As still is an uncontrolled societal and economic collapse that HMG will struggle badly with.

My recollection of the early 90s was that there were rarely any obvious bargains in high street agents although prices had fallen. Meantime the Halifax were possessing 15 homes a month in our medium sized town alone, most of these went straight to auction, I was told. There was nothing credible from the Major government to say to the banks they must practice forbearance and leniency where possible. 

Few things would please me more - I'm now well out of it me -  than UK housing becoming cheaper in real terms over a decade or so, much like the 90s but I'm very doubtful that would be tolerated. Hope to be wrong.