House Price Crash Forum

Hi All,

I don't post often, Long Time Lurker and Long Time Sufferer like many on here, hoping that recent events will lead to fall in house prices in UK over the coming months/year.

I would like to monitor the market using accurate data i.e. sold house prices etc.  I looked on the favorites charts thread and there are 62 pages of charts and comments there.  I am happy with raw data in Excel or published charts.  Is there a single data source that has been verified as accurate over the years that you could point me to.   I did do a search in the forum threads but there was no concise answer.  Thanks in advance for any advice and good luck if you are also looking to finally buy a house in the future.

2 hours ago, Cheesed Orf said:

Is there a single data source that has been verified as accurate over the years that you could point me to.   

I do not think there is. I think the thing is that unless it is the same house being bought and sold it is not a true comparable. To obtain true data it would require a large sample of the same proprieties being bought sold to compare.

Fir instance a 3 bed semi in poor condition may sell this week at 400k.

If next year a semi in the same road sell s at 475k it looks like a price rise as it is the same house in the same road.  But that does not reflect what is really happening.