House Price Crash Forum

Middle class traveler types stranded after initially turning down uk Embassy help

Si1

HOLA441
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Zero sympathy.

Those who wanted to get out at the time were able to do so - now those who didn't want to leave are moaning because they made the wrong choice and of course, it's got to be someone else's fault and absolutely not their own. 

HOLA443
37 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

Zero sympathy.

Those who wanted to get out at the time were able to do so - now those who didn't want to leave are moaning because they made the wrong choice and of course, it's got to be someone else's fault and absolutely not their own. 

And it's the rainy season now, and they're in tents.

HOLA444
1 hour ago, Sour Mash said:

Hippy idiots.

I despise rubbish like this.  

It is a modern phenomenon unfortunately.

For many people every single thing that they are not happy with or and little problem they have ion the governments fault.  These snowflake idiots do not seem to have heard of the idea of looking after themselves.  

A guy said they were offered a bus to Panama but ONLY had 12 hours to decide. Jesus wept how long does it take to make your mind up. 

Also they trot out the "mental health "issue.  What they mean is something has happened that is out of the ordinary and they have to deal with it.

if there are no flights to the UK what do they want anyone to do.  

They say they have no money. Maybe then they should be working for a living rather than swanning about giving it big potatoes on a beach.  If they have no money ask parents to help out.  Do these people not have good friends? Ring the bank and get an overdraft. Do not expect the govt to worry about every little problem you have to deal with.  Man up and get on with it.  

My great grandfather was being shoot at by German, fighters on his 18th birthday. That is stress. being stuck in a bit of rain is nothing. 

HOLA445

Panama

Hannah bates is on the right- they look unemployable - the oldest hippies in town. 

She also said 

I’ve got an elderly dog at home, my mum is not very well. We need to be with our loved ones in a situation like this. I’m lucky to have formed a community with the people I’ve met here.

We really need just a safe space to drop in.’

She did not bother to think of her dog or her elderly mother when she left to go and party on a  beach.  

And what on earth does she mean by a safe space to drop in.  What is that all about? 

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, richmondtw said:

Hippy idiots.

I despise rubbish like this.  

It is a modern phenomenon unfortunately.

For many people every single thing that they are not happy with or and little problem they have ion the governments fault.  These snowflake idiots do not seem to have heard of the idea of looking after themselves.  

A guy said they were offered a bus to Panama but ONLY had 12 hours to decide. Jesus wept how long does it take to make your mind up. 

Also they trot out the "mental health "issue.  What they mean is something has happened that is out of the ordinary and they have to deal with it.

if there are no flights to the UK what do they want anyone to do.  

They say they have no money. Maybe then they should be working for a living rather than swanning about giving it big potatoes on a beach.  If they have no money ask parents to help out.  Do these people not have good friends? Ring the bank and get an overdraft. Do not expect the govt to worry about every little problem you have to deal with.  Man up and get on with it.  

My great grandfather was being shoot at by German, fighters on his 18th birthday. That is stress. being stuck in a bit of rain is nothing. 

There was a story like that in the local paper.

Folks stuck on a remote island in Philippines

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/health/norwich-couple-stuck-on-philippines-island-1-6587753

"had surprised her boyfriend with the 17-day holiday for his 30th birthday and they flew out to Manilla on March 8 via Dubai, and were intending on island hopping to take in as much of the Philippines as they could" 

and then

“They did receive an email saying there were some flights leaving Manilla but they wanted £1,300 each and they basically haven’t got the money".

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Fromage Frais said:

There was a story like that in the local paper.

Folks stuck on a remote island in Philippines

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/health/norwich-couple-stuck-on-philippines-island-1-6587753

"had surprised her boyfriend with the 17-day holiday for his 30th birthday and they flew out to Manilla on March 8 via Dubai, and were intending on island hopping to take in as much of the Philippines as they could" 

and then

“They did receive an email saying there were some flights leaving Manilla but they wanted £1,300 each and they basically haven’t got the money".

Un - f -  believable - well it should be, but sadly it is not.

So here we have 2 people - both working - he is a plumber so will earn well.

They do not have £2,600 between them. So WHY OH WHY spend what must have been a lot of money on a holiday!

I and the Ayatollah do not, never have, never will spent loads of money on birthdays and Christmas.  To us just have time off together usually at home is a dream.  I do not need Mrs Ayatollah to spend a load of money to appreciate her and know she loves me.  Indeed, I would not want her to do so.  

it is totally and utterly beyond my understanding.  

HOLA4410
3 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

They do not have £2,600 between them. So WHY OH WHY spend what must have been a lot of money on a holiday!

I and the Ayatollah do not, never have, never will spent loads of money on birthdays and Christmas.  To us just have time off together usually at home is a dream.  I do not need Mrs Ayatollah to spend a load of money to appreciate her and know she loves me.  Indeed, I would not want her to do so.  

Just like companies/investors tourists seem to go in debt and spend £99 out of 100 on the craziest holiday they can afford with no safety net.

HOLA4411
18 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

OK so you'd have travel insurance, and if that didn't cover you then you'd screw it and put it on a credit card (if you didn't have savings)

I can only assume they are already maxed out on credit cards...???

HOLA4412
45 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

It's always striking how people have such expensive trips and belongings, but cannot scrounge up a few thousand pounds when needed. I'm not talking about the genuinely poor, but those who have nice lifestyles.

Even if you didn't want to spend the money (maybe they are angling for a subsidized flight from the government, or their original booking being honored), surely at this stage you would say "F*ck it, I just want to get home"?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Freki said:

What does any of that has to do with Housing and the economy? And don't try to shoehorn it with "look they have no money so we are talking about economy" 

I think its more how what 30 years ago would have been almost unheard of luxuries (trips to the Caribbean, and island hopping in south-east Asia) are commonplace, but without the financial back-up that trips would have previously had.

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, A17 said:

It's always striking how people have such expensive trips and belongings, but cannot scrounge up a few thousand pounds when needed. I'm not talking about the genuinely poor, but those who have nice lifestyles.

Even if you didn't want to spend the money (maybe they are angling for a subsidized flight from the government, or their original booking being honored), surely at this stage you would say "F*ck it, I just want to get home"?

I have a friend who works for Kingston university originally from Bulgaria who wants to buy a house and at the age of 47 has total savings of £20k and wants to borrow £30k for me

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
8 hours ago, richmondtw said:

Panama

Hannah bates is on the right- they look unemployable - the oldest hippies in town. 

She also said 

I’ve got an elderly dog at home, my mum is not very well. We need to be with our loved ones in a situation like this. I’m lucky to have formed a community with the people I’ve met here.

She did not bother to think of her dog or her elderly mother when she left to go and party on a  beach.  

And what on earth does she mean by a safe space to drop in.  What is that all about? 

The girl in the middle might be worth a quick poke if she lost some weight and removed the tattoos.

HOLA4418
12 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The girl in the middle might be worth a quick poke if she lost some weight and removed the tattoos.

Be careful she looks like she has the clap

HOLA4419
11 hours ago, richmondtw said:

Panama

She also said 

fugly Wayne kers.

why is everyone under 35 covered in that shite, lemming phuckers.

the men are even worse with the victorian too poor to buy a razor look.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
9 hours ago, shlomo said:

Be careful she looks like she has the clap

Off to The Boris Clinic for Afflictions of the Johnson.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
27 minutes ago, shavedchimp said:

What a toxic little thread this is - you guys really must be looking to offload some venom. 

Yes it's a sorry saga and easy to poke fun at, but your bitterness is astonishing

They decided to swan off to some music festival on a beach half way the world in the middle of a global pandemic - leaving elderly dogs and ill parents at home (didn't much care about them before they became a useful sob story!) - and are now complaining to the media that its the Government's fault they are stuck there under lockdown! They only had 12 hours notice to decide to leave as well - how awful!

Why should other taxpayers have to bail them out - maybe if they didn't spend their time swanning round the world and getting tattoos they might have some savings?

So no sympathy - its their own fault! I feel a bit sorry for the old dog and the ill mum - who they deserted in the first place.

Edited by MARTINX9