House Price Crash Forum

Won't someone think of the poor landlords in this terrible situation?

I cannot wait to hear:

My investment properties lost me as much money as I made last year in my job and I had to pay for the expenses to keep the property empty/keep a bad tennant. Property is an aweful investment.

By then property will be much cheaper, and I will jump in and buy something in the UK, just like I did in Spain back in 2015.

2 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Mentioning themselves in the same context as Domestic Abuse victims shows that they have learned nothing from the last time when they compared themselves to Jews in Nazi Germany.

That's nothing, I once read(I think it was the same website) where a landlord compared themselves to having the same plight as persecuted WW2 Jews with others agreeing. I cannot stand their moaning which basically comes from the fact that they are making good money for doing f*** all and they just do not want it to end, though I suspect they know deep down the day is coming when it will. If their lives are so difficult and they get so upset that they are not valued, why don't they simply just go and sell up and find a more enjoyable lifestyle, simple.

I once hear Frankie Boyle come out with a great line which is too crude to use on here entirely "I could watch you being ****** and not have a flicker of emotion", I feel the same way about landlords?

I've honestly never know a bigger bunch of whingers! Lots of people and professions stick up for themselves via unions, lobbying etc. But for sheer whining and moaning these lot take the biscuit. Why don't they just sell up and change their ways of making a living?

Edited by Trump Invective
19 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

I've honestly never know a bigger bunch of whingers! Lots of people and professions stick up for themselves via unions, lobbying etc. But for sheer whining and moaning these lot take the biscuit. Why don't they just sell up and change their ways of making a living?

I have noticed a certain type of professional person that just has that way about them, well educated, mostly confident or look that way and just have that manner about them. Then you get that spit and sawdust type which is basically what I am and fine with it?, just fought above my weight a little. Then you the Bull s******s, they dress and try to come across as the professional educated type, doctor. architect or scientist but are usually to slick and slimey and go too far with it with the hair gel etc. In this group you get estate agents and of course landlords, I could name a few others. The BS landlord women you get in the BTL game usually put a stupid voice or accent on that they think makes them sound posh when it actually sounds like a dumb b***h putting a stupid voice on, and love the types with the implants and who go to or take lifestyle guru lessons.

They are generally a really horrible breed, more superficial over sophisticated, well that's my take of them?

20 hours ago, Trump Invective said:

They've got the be the easiest target ever for additional taxation surely? Sell them off - CGT at a higher rate, perhaps 40% or even 45%? Of course the CGT would have to be charged on the difference in purchase and sale prices, less reasonable expenses.

Fergus Wilson should be paying 45% CGT on his alleged £90m sale of his final 300 homes.

1 hour ago, Warwick-Watcher said:

They've got the be the easiest target ever for additional taxation surely? Sell them off - CGT at a higher rate, perhaps 40% or even 45%? Of course the CGT would have to be charged on the difference in purchase and sale prices, less reasonable expenses.

Fergus Wilson should be paying 45% CGT on his alleged £90m sale of his final 300 homes.

The protective species order on Fergus should also be lifted so someone can harpoon the nasty lump of a man, can you imagine how long his blubber will fuel the nation if we do?