House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R2D2

London Pimlico Property Prices

I have been looking to buy a property in Pimlico for about the last 6 - 8 months...I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely NO VALUE FOR MONEY here....A titchy 70 sqm (approx 700 sq feat) with 2 beds, 2 bath can go for as much as £450 - £500k....Is it me or that completely ridiculous!? :( Any comments or opinions would be more than welcome on this topic...

Cheers

FFTB (Frustrated First Time Buyer)

I have been looking to buy a property in Pimlico for about the last 6 - 8 months...I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely NO VALUE FOR MONEY here....A titchy 70 sqm (approx 700 sq feat) with 2 beds, 2 bath can go for as much as £450 - £500k....Is it me or that completely ridiculous!? :( Any comments or opinions would be more than welcome on this topic...

Cheers

There is no value in London, period. Why Pimlico, anyway? Central London is always going to be far too expensive for a regular buyer. I would like to live in Regent's Park but I think I will settle for Sarf London. For 450k you can buy a 3 bedroom terrace in Balham and they are overpriced by about 200k!!!

I work very near Pimlico and often stroll around there at lunchtime. You have your very rich people and then council tenants. Nothing in between becuase everyone else is completely priced out.

They have just built a new row of houses/ apartments near the QM sports centre - right on Vauxhall Bridge Road - they are asking a million pounds for a house backing onto one of the busiest roads on the planet and with nothing buy a tiny backyard (if you are one of the lucky ones.)

You could probably rent something around there though - I'm sure I've seen 1 bed flats on for around £7-800 a month.

Cheers

We are truly sorry for your predicament..no..really ;)

Cheers

:ph34r: AWOOGA :ph34r:

OK, thanks for the comments on that....I think I completely missed your responses....I do have blonde hair, I am not going to lie. Cheers

Thanks for the quote Buffer Bear (?) I do want to live centrally though....I don't care that much about the costs, I just don't want to end up in negative equity. I mean, I can see that house prices are possibly inflated in SW1 but the demand is far outweighing the supply and looks like it will continue to do so....so my logic is....perhaps prices will remain where they are? Is that naieve??